I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Week 2 chat thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 11:11
Originally posted by Bren

looking at the paso from Alexandra and Gorka (wasn't it good) think Jason Gilikson had a hand in that routine - that or Gorka's time working with Jason on BTF really rubbed off :)Here is Jasons Paso choreographed for Iveta and Pasha on SYTYCD to the same track

I have just watched both pasos back to back and I prefer Alex's routine. To my "untrained" eye it looks as though it has more attack and the feeling of authentic paso. Pasha's & Iveta's looked a bit soft in places - and had some what looked to me like cha cha elements?
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 11:18
wasn't really comparing the routines just the choreo :)  Alex's is paso Pasha's was a showdance for SYTYCD
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 11:19
still  think gilikson had a hand in both routines :)
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 11:37

wasn't really comparing the routines just the choreo :)  Alex's is paso Pasha's was a showdance for SYTYCD

Ah - that explains the differences - thanks for educating me!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 11:44
oh Salsa you know a lot about dance :) 

re Debbie as you say faster latin dances will be her test - Paso has totally different technique than the other latin dances will be interesting to see how she copes with a Jive and salsa

As for Aston - Janette needs to get on to technique and less flash or she will do him a dis service
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:43

oh Salsa you know a lot about dance :)  re Debbie as you say faster latin dances will be her test - Paso has totally different technique than the other latin dances will be interesting to see how she copes with a Jive and salsaAs for Aston - Janette needs to get on to technique and less flash or she will do him a dis service

Thank you for the kind compliment, Bren. I love dance and, over the years, have had a go at a number of different styles (ballet, ballroom, latin, salsa, line & even flamenco!) However, I don’t regard myself as anything like an expert in any of them. Rather, I know a little and know what I like, and it is always interesting to hear the opinion of others who have a much greater depth of experience.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 13:36
Early days I know... but it does look like Debbie, Alex & Aston are the ones to beat. Loved Alex & Gorka's Paso. I think Jonnie will be popular. It's amazing what he's achieved so far. I didn't like either of the Tangos. Rather disappointed by Susan & Kevin's Charleston. The theme didn't work for me.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 15:06
I really wish they wouldn't do the Tango so early on, I love it so much and it's always a mess :(

Thought Molly was a million times better than last week. Loved Aston again.

Enjoyed Jonnie again. And loved Debbie :)

OMG Alexandra was incredible :)

katiekins1867 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote katiekins1867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 19:51
Finally got round to watching last night's show (didn't consider the impact having a toddler would have on my Strictly viewing!) I thought it was far too long - looking forward to November when it's been whittled down a bit if I'm totally honest. I'll stick with it til then of course though!

I am #teamcalman all the way! I love her and thought she did a good job with what looked like a tricky Charlston. What was she wearing though?! Wardrobe did her no favours did they?!

Obviously I loved Alex and Gorka's Paso although I can't say I'm really warming to Alex yet overall. Debbie and Aston still leave me cold. I'm resolute in my opinion that neither should even be allowed in the competition in the first place...

Anyway, my love for newbies Shirley, Amy and Dianne continues to grow although I'm really not sure about Nadiya yet. I always love a Quickstep (it's my favourite dance by far) but I definitely didn't love the "oh how hilarious that two such good looking and glamorous people are clever and in a library so lets but them in thick glasses and dowdy clothes that will later get ripped off when the hair comes down" schtick. I'm a teacher and believe me when I say that careless stereotyping like this really has an impact on teenagers. I suppose that may not necessarily be Nadiya's fault though as I know they don't get to pick their own music etc.

My favourite from last week (other than Susan) was Joe and I think he let himself down this week. I hope he pulls his socks up now because he has so much potential!

Cannot get my head around AJ and Mollie at all. I don't think they look right together because of the age difference and, to be absolutely brutal, I find AJ to be rather a self=satisfied little braggart who I just can not warm to. I think it was Bren who said in a earlier comment that it's criminal that Neil Jones doesn't get a partner when AJ does. Also not a huge fan of Brian, Ruth or Charlotte but perhaps they'll grow on me.

To sum up... Top 3 from last night; 1) Alex & Gorka, 2) Gemma & Alijaz and 3) Susan and Kevin

Think that's it... phew!
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 21:01
 8 years between Molly and AJ same age diference between Susan and Kevin, not too bad.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 22:30
think AJ looks so much younger than his age his 19 year old brother looks far older - I love AJ's dad Adrian have known him since my teens but can't take to AJ he is prob nice guy but he comes over on twitter as very full of himself and puts me off

Dance wise he can dance but when he is with celeb he goes for flash without seeing to the basics (like Molly's weak arma and headline)
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 13:09
I found that quite a mixed bag, to be honest. Alexandra, Aston and Debbie are streets ahead of the rest it seems to me - understandable given their histories most likely, but it does make for a pretty dull competition. That said, I did love Alex's paso - stunning!

Pasha, Diane, Amy and Kevin are all to a certain extent playing to their celebs strengths - personality first and foremost. I'm afraid as I get older I'm losing patience faster with the "aww, but he's such a sweetie and he's trying so hard" brigade of contestant. And (hoping this scandalous confession doesn't see me chased off with virtual pitchforks and flaming torches) I'm not the biggest fan of Kevin's routines...

Let me qualify by saying he's obviously a smashing teacher and seems a genuinely nice chap. I even voted for him and Kelly (I think that was her name - sorry!) when they danced best in their final. However, while all the pros have to play along with the light entertainment theme, I find that Kevin - as per the "ladies and gentlemen of the Jury" bit that made me shudder - over-eggs that particular pud for my taste. Sorry!

It was an enjoyable routine though, and Susan seemed to do it well - certainly much better than Ruth whose expression was more "sucking a sour lemon" than the coy/flirty she was probably aiming for to my eye...

Of the rest - poor Charlotte was the archetypal rabbit in the headlights (and Brendan's reverted to form I thought he'd grown out of); Gemma was elegant, and I can't judge Simon accurately because although I'm on the blue side of the footie divide, that song ceased to be a tribal anthem for me in April 1989.

If I hadn't been convinced by Shirley Ballas in week 1 (I was - she's brilliant) she'd have won me over with her reaction to him. And is it just me, or were the other judges a bit more subdued on Saturday than before?

If the presence of an unquestioned expert with an eye for detail and a kind heart for the contestants is keeping them in line - well, I like her even better!

Of the rest - Joe disappointed me a bit, Johnnie I really enjoyed, Mollie doesn't do a thing for me either way and as someone who generally loves the quickstep - all the messing about/costume switching in Davood's really got on my nerves!

Edited by BambionIce - 02 Oct 2017 at 13:13
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 15:23
Loved Alexandra's Paso the best!!! Incredible.
Enjoying watching Susan, and Brian (altho I love Brian Conley anyway...)
Vicar is funny, not sure how long he'll last
How useless is Charlotte? stunning looking, but just useless isn't she, all over, no core/stiffness/ can't explain it.........looks like a rag doll to me, when she dances...
Love Shirley,... who's Len, lol
Never been a fan of Pasha- so glad he's gone.
Not a fan of AJ either.......struggling to remember the new dancer's names.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 19:52
I see the race card being played again over  Twitter and the Internet.  On the basis that the first 2 out last year were black and now this year the first one out.  Did they forget a mixed race won it this year and I would put money on the same this yearAngryAngry
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 00:16
it annoys me when they do that Sue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456