I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD 2017 Wk1 Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
katiekins1867 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote katiekins1867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 07:01
I've just watched last nights show (troublesome toddler plus a lot of marking to do for work)

LOVED Susan and Kevin so much! I always love Kevin to be honest and Susan is just everyone of us at home who watches Strictly and who's a bit short, a bit chunky and a bit in awe of it all. I thought she did brilliantly. I especially loved the beginning!

I also really liked Joe. I thought Katya's routine was great and although he seemed a bit flat footed at times it was a fab effort for week 1. I think he's got loads of potential.

Not sure how to sum up my thoughts on both Debbie and Aston. Both of them at various points in their career have made a living simply from dancing. Yes it might not have been Latin and Ballroom specifically but they have still touted thenselves as professional dancers at some point (Aston as a judge of others' dancing no less!) They were obviously both great last night but... I just can't get on board.

I thought the Rev was fab. I also really liked his pro Dianne. I thought she seemed like such a good sport and nice addition to the show. Same goes for Amy actually (although I didn't really care from Brian much last night).

Overall a really good series opener I thought. The absolute highlight for me was Shirley! She's put the "Dance" back into Strictly Come DANCING! Fair, knowledgable, kind, charming, constructive... LOVE her!
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 09:45
Only watched up to Chizzy at the moment but my thoughts so far. They have all been good, I think Paso and Tango are difficult dances for week 1. Alex is my favourite as far as I've seen.

As for Shirley. I absolutely love her. 😍. What a brilliant addition to the show.

Edited to add
I really liked Johnny and Joe too. I loved Katya last year. I really like her. Now Natalie's not in it maybe she'll be my new fave pro :D

LOL at beginning of Susan and Kevin's routine. I like her attitude a lot and of course it's Kevin so a massive hit in our house.

Debbie - well I loved that :)
Another cha cha cha :/ but ok from Davood. Hasn't Nadia got amazing legs though. They must be about 5ft long :)
Aww Ruth looked nervous bless her and I saw a few mistakes, but I thought she did well.
OMG Richard. mmmmmmm I have no words LOL. He'll probably be in weeks longer than he should be, but I did laugh a lot.
Shame about Mollie, she's worse than she looks to be. :/. She's no Frankie is she? and it was overmarked IMO.
And we've made it to the end....
Aston was brilliant :)

Faves for me Alex, Debbie and Aston :)

And I still love Shirley - :) brilliant comments all evening from her.

Edited by Eviesmum - 24 Sep 2017 at 18:50
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 12:06
hi Katikins - agree totally re new pros - it was a good start wasnt it

Hi Eviesmum agree re paso and tango for week 1 in any dance school the first dances for a latin and ballroom class are cha and waltz and then onto quickstep and jive and I think personally they should stick to that rule of thumb for strictly

I have no faves at all this year but like Joe, Davood, Alexandra, Susan and the Rev then again dont dislike anyone either :)
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 12:07
oh and Shirley knew she would be great just pleased she has been so well received on the show
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 15:54
Agree with you Katie... I love Susan & Kevin. Utterly charming. My faves.

Enjoyed the two Jives. Think Joe & Mollie both have potential.

Like the new pros very much and love Shirley too.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 18:42
Watched last night's show as it happened but then went straight out to a "salsa do", so only getting round to commenting now.
Overall a great start and all the celebs seem to be bringing something of interest with them - no complete duds. Shirley was brilliant in what she said and how she said it and I loved the way she politely pulled Darcey up on jive technique. The scoring was also much more sensible. I really didn't warm to Aston as he danced - far too confident in his presentation, though I didn't feel the same in the interviews he gave. Worst 2 last night for me were Brian and Ruth. I liked lots of the others and think it could be an interesting
year.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 20:39
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Agree with you Katie... I love Susan & Kevin. Utterly charming. My faves.

Enjoyed the two Jives. Think Joe & Mollie both have potential.

Like the new pros very much and love Shirley too.

think it is the first year I dont dislike anyone but at the moment not keen on Debbie though she danced well

Susan is lovely - I hope she reaches Blackpool

Love Joe am yet to be convinced by Mollie

but overall first year I liked all though on dance Ruth probably weakest

Kev is still secretly my fave :)
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 00:34
Just back from holiday so missed the show on Saturday - what a fabulous start to the series!!! Even Tess seemed to be better than usual. Wish Len had retired years ago, Shirley a great addition & the new pros seem good too. Felt sorry for Simon - he's a beginner & not a performer as such - to give him a Paso, with that music & styling, well, it was never going to be the best. Can't pick a favourite - think Simon or Ruth could be in danger first, possibly Charlotte or Brian too??
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 13:44
Just popping in to add to the praise for Shirley - she gave more constructive criticism, in a more professional manner, in one show than her predecessor managed in far too many series. I didn't dislike anyone particularly, but she was the star of the show for me.

I enjoyed Joe and Katya best; loved Chizzy which is odd because I'm not usually keen on the more forward personalities; and can't say I've taken an instant, irrational dislike to anyone so far.

All in all - a good start!
Jakkij View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Jakkij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 13:56
Hi Andrew will you be doing your bog again?
JJ
Jakkij View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Jakkij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 14:02
Oops meant blog!!!
JJ
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 23:12
Firstly, Shirley is a great addition to the panel,with spot on comments and points to note. Now, if we can oust Bruno I will be very happy indeed. I watched on catch up and so could fortunately skip past Bruno (I find him loud, brash and talking nonsense half the time).

Overall the celebs did a great job, although some were more tentative than others. I didn't especially enjoy Joe McFadden's Jive, or Mollie's, but totally enjoyed Susan's VW.

Based on dance/performance experience, I'd say that the two setting the bar are Alexandra and Aston. But when it comes to picking the winner it's not all about the dance now, is it ;)

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 02:19
Hi Bambi !!!!

Thess thank you for doing the Frock Blog which you have posted in the sub forum great to have you back
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 20:00
Watched the show on catch-up on Sunday evening.
Really enjoyed it, and enjoyed Shirley. For some reason she reminds me of a much better version of Arlene tho? But great addition.

I enjoyed watching Simon, also because he's a beginner.
Hope to watch live on Saturday this week.
Just catching up on ITT as I type, didn't realise it was already back on, plus worked a night shift last night too, and evening tomorrow. Set the recordings now for ITT.

Just getting used to the couples, not sure on my favourites yet, don't have any dislikes yet.

Deb.x
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345