I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dances and music Week One

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dances and music Week One
    Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:31
  • Alexandra and Gorka are Waltzing to (You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin
  • Charlotte and Brendan will Foxtrot to The Best Is Yet To Come by Michael Buble
  • Chizzy and Pasha will Cha Cha to Boogie Fever by The Sylvers
  • Debbie and Giovanni will perform a Paso Doble to Be Italian by Fergie
  • Gemma and Aljaz will Cha Cha to There’s Nothing Holdin' Me Back by Shawn Mendes
  • Mollie and AJ will Jive to Good Golly Miss Molly by Little Richard
  • Ruth and Anton are Waltzing to This Nearly Was Mine (Seth MacFarlane version)
  • Susan and Kevin will perform the Viennese Waltz to Mad About The Boy by Dinah Washington
  • Aston and Janette will Foxtrot to It Had To Be You Harry Connick Jnr
  • Brian and Amy will Tango to Temptation by Heaven 17
  • Davood and Nadiya will Cha Cha to Dedication To My Ex by Lloyd ft. Andre 3000
  • Joe and Katya are Jiving to Rockin’ Robin by Michael Jackson
  • Jonnie and Oti will Waltz to When I Need You by Luther Vandross
  • Rev. Richard and Dianne perform the Cha Cha to There Must Be An Angel by the Eurythmics
  • Simon and Karen will perform the Paso Doble to Song 2 by Blur
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:33
to be honest not overly impressed with some of the music or dance choices - you can see by those choices how the BBC are playing faves already :)
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 14:05
Some of those I don't know and will have to look them up when I get home.

Of the ones that I do know, the Foxtrots and Jives will be is fine, (although I really HATE Rockin Robin). But FT and Jive as first dances? Harsh!

I can imagine Temptation as a Tango if given the right treatment. But the Rev's Cha Cha music is a poor choice indeed.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 14:52
having seen Susan and Kevs training video - she looks far better than I thought and music ok was used for Phil Tuffnell a few years ago, though Katya's routine dreadful

Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 21:23
Oh my word - I've just listened to Be Italian. I love the song, but how on earth do you dance a Paso to it!!
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 21:52
Thess I can see it being really cringey especially if they do it burlesque style 
 Post Reply Post Reply