I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Launch Show 9th Sept 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 16:19
Richard looks bad and he's with a new pro which may not help.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 16:32
He does look bad - but how many times do we see a bad one go through?  will be interesting to see who does go first
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 19:08
Lovely tribute to Brucie..

I like Joe & Katya. My favourite couple. Hope he can dance.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 19:52
well i laid my bets like last year and 1 with soso odds Alexandra and Gorks but Joe and Katya much better odds

Joe is my fave I think Jo remember him from many shows from what I saw he has rhythm what I call loose in his body very much like Ore was on opening show :)
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 03:55
everyone.

I haven't managed to watch the launch show yet - I have it on record so a blog should be with you by the end of tomorrow. I already know the pairings thanks to Bren's very helpful spoiler but the wife has reluctantly agreed to sit through it again this year so we should have a laugh at least - that and a glass/bottle of red should ensure I enjoy it.

Quite a lot of them I haven't heard of this time, I don't know if it's me getting older and losing touch or more 'obscure', ahem, to put it politely celebrities! One of the ones I have heard of is the Rev - I like him, he better not be first to go!

Looking forward to discussing our 'favourite' show with all of you again when it starts properly - Bren, Jo, Maisie, Deborah and everyone else - I'm grateful for the three week gap these days, it gets me prepared!

Edited by Andrew - 11 Sep 2017 at 03:56
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 16:50
Originally posted by Bren

He does look bad - but how many times do we see a bad one go through?  will be interesting to see who does go first

If you're bad, you have to embrace it and be WONDERFULLY bad. I think the Rev knows which side his bread is buttered on and I have a feeling he won't be the first to go.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 23:08
Poor Ruth!!! just watched her on catch-up Loose Women, saying how pleased she is she has Anton.
Haven't taken in the rest yet, don't know the 'Soapies' and there is Johnnie- the runner/athletics, -but where is the rugby/football player tho?
Looking forward to the start of the show proper!

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 23:57
Originally posted by deborah31

Poor Ruth!!! just watched her on catch-up Loose Women, saying how pleased she is she has Anton.
Haven't taken in the rest yet, don't know the 'Soapies' and there is Johnnie- the runner/athletics, -but where is the rugby/football player tho?
Looking forward to the start of the show proper!

Deborah. I do feel sorry for Ruth as well - I have warmed to the Berk in recent years but there's no denying he's definitely more suited to the obvious less able contestants these days given his...lack in latin dancing skills!

A brief blog on Saturday's show is up in my wee sub forum on here - I decided not to watch the whole show in the end because I was already familiar with the pairings thanks to Bren's spoiler and I didn't want to be sat here typing frantically at 1am!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12