I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

***SPOILER**** CONFIRMED PARTNERSHIPS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ***SPOILER**** CONFIRMED PARTNERSHIPS
    Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 23:48
PLEASE ONLY DISCUSS THESE IN HERE

Mollie & AJ
Susan & Kevin
Alexandra & Gorka
Charlotte & Brendan
Ruth & Anton
Simon & Karen
Chizzy & Pasha
Debbie & Gio
Gemma & Aljaz
Aston & Janette
Rev Rich & Dianne
Davood & Nadiya
Joe & Katya
Johnie & Oti
Brian & Amy
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 23:52
SOME odd pairings for me

mollie/aj
gorka /alexandra
chizzy/pasha

think Kev was best choice for susan but she is so small - frankly they should take height more into account like Claudia she is the size of a junior not an adult and I think the beeb should have 5ft as minimum height

Mollie will look unbalanced imo she will look so much older than AJ and height wise I think if she wears normal heels she will be taller than him

Gutted Johnnie with Oti as I really like him and really not keen on Oti
katiekins1867 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote katiekins1867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 05:49
So are Neil and Chloe partnerless again? How is that fair? Do they have different contracts to the others?
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 07:09
Originally posted by katiekins1867

So are Neil and Chloe partnerless again? How is that fair? Do they have different contracts to the others?

Just what I was thinking Katie... So wrong. Neil should've got Mollie & Chloe Jonnie.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:23
would have liked Chloe with Aston (she is small AJ who is 5ft 6 is her dance partner) Aston has potential and is with Janette whose knowledge of ballroom is so poor and her only decent dances are salsa or hip hop and not the dances required.

chloe and Neil seem happy enough and Neil is strong character he would not put up with the situation if he did not want it - he likes to choreograph (he does a lot of it and does have commitments whilst show is on, he has also been appointed assistant choreographer to DWTS Ireland so may be he does not want partner?  But to put AJ with Mollie whilst Neil is sitting out seem Mad
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 11:58
Fair enough Bren.. If Neil & Chloe are happy .

Will be interesting to see the reactions on Saturday night.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 12:36
dont know if they are happy Jo, I would not be for sure, just that Neil is such a strong character and a top champion that unless he was happy he would not do it

must say haven't a stand out couple Im looking forward to - like Johnnie but really do not care for Oti so leaning towards Alexandra and Gorka for now :)
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 19:37
Susan 4ft 11 not the size of a Junior like Claudia,  Professional Janette only about 5ft should she not be allowed to dance either!! Maybe should have a height restriction the other way and have no men over 6ft thenConfused

Edited by littlesue - 06 Sep 2017 at 19:39
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 20:24
franklly Janette is too small for her husband dance wise on burn the floor she never danced with Aljaz and in pro group routines she does not dance ballroom with him as she is too small.  her partners on the show have not been a lot taller than her Melvin last year was only 5ft 3 and Aston this year is only 5ft 6

I only suggest the height restriction because of how impossible it makes the ballroom.  I agree re the men the year Kristina had to dance with colin salmon was difficult for herr.

There are enough taller girls to cope with 6ft ish men but none of the boys are small enough for partners under 5ft and Susan is the size of a  junior ballroom dancer with many of the Juniors being taller.  AJ struggled in ballroom with Claudia last year - and Claudia wore 3inch heels - Susan's photos show her in very low heels which will not help at all.

In saying this Sue have nothing against smaller celebs taking part at all but the BBC should make sure they have the right  sized pro to pair with them - Claudia was lovely last year and Susan seems like fun and sadly is putting up with some bad posts on twitter - really unnecessary

Sorry if I come over too strong on my bug bears over the show they are all directed at the show not the people taking part LOL

Edited by Bren - 06 Sep 2017 at 20:57
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 20:33
so last year I put an early bet on Jo and Ore and won £200 any suggestions for a winner this (with good odds) the obvious ones like Gemma and Alexandra have only got so so odds need a dark horse :)
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 21:35
Thanks for pairings Bren.

I think if the couples are mismatched height wise, it immediately puts them at a disadvantage as no matter how good they are, it just looks wrong & even small mistakes are amplified.

Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 12:28
Yeah some odd ones and some predictable ones (Ruth and Tony). Not surprised Kevin got Susan, I think she has great character but doesn't look like a natural mover (happy to be proved wrong though). Kevin has had a run of decent partners and it's time he had more of a challenge.

I'd probably put a sneaky bet on Davood and Nataliya. Got a good feeling about this partnership.Currently around 10/1 to win

Edited by Thess - 09 Sep 2017 at 12:29
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 13:33
Hey Thess. I think Davood & Nadiya might be this year's Danny & Oti. Amazing..
but pipped at the post in the final by someone else. I'm thinking Jonnie & Oti
(if their partnership works well). He could be very popular.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 14:08
agree re Johnnie - he is great guy and lovely

I feel Davood will be one of those good looking but dances like a board :)

well have put my bet on like last year and put it on Gorka and Alexandra :) cos friend who was at launch said they got on well - no other reason
 Post Reply Post Reply