I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2017 confirmed contestants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 15:14
agree maisie

quite disappointed with some of line up and picking two from Holby is very tired and very lazy
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 17:52
Originally posted by Bren

agree maisiequite disappointed with some of line up and picking two from Holby is very tired and very lazy

Joe & Chizzy are my two favourites so far ... but I'm a big Holby fan .

Think the last three need to be either younger or very famous .
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 18:26
I like Jo and Chizzy but to put two from the same show a bit meh to me and many tv critics are surprised by it - I think the rumours that they have had trouble getting the ones they wanted may be true - it needs a couple of sports people and as you say Jo some younger ones 
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 19:43
Oh help - it is Debbie McGhee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 19:47
Johnnie Peacock - don't know him
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 19:48
Ah, ok - he's a Paralympian.
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 19:49
& Alexandra Burke
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 20:01
so two more ringahs in the last 3 Debbie and Alexandra (despite what she says) other two ringahs Gemma (again despite what she says) and Ashton

in saying that dont mind some dance experience but somone who was trained by Royal Ballet maybe a step too far

so far will support Johnny he is a great paralympian
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 20:17
so to recap

Gemma Atherton
Debbie McGee
Alexandra Burke
Charlotte Hawkins
Susan Colmain
Ruth Langsford
Mollie King
Chizzy Akudolu

Richard Coles
Jonny Peacock
Davood Ghadami
Ashton Merrygold
Simmon Rimmer
Joe McFadden
Brian Conley

So Seven Males and eight girls
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 20:25
Pros

GIRLS
Karen
Janette
Katya
Chloe
Oti
Amy
Dianne
Nadiya

Boys

Brendan
Anton
Kevin
Aljaz
Giovanni
Gorka
Neil
Pasha
AJ

if Im right (have I missed anyone?) then one of the girls will be without a partner this year

edit did miss one boy - AJ

so one girl and one boy will sit out

Edited by Bren - 21 Aug 2017 at 20:45
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 21:06
Good signings . I think Johnnie will be popular and Alex very good.

Think Aj might sit out this year as he's so young . Not sure about the girls.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 21:07
When will we know the pairings?
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 21:08
think of the girls it will be amy or dianne who sits out

AJ and Gorka similar ages but agree Jo think it will be AJ who sits out
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 23:48
Not a bad line up, a bit light on sportfolk though. A few of them seem to be shoo-in's for the final but then again, as we all know, the name of the game isn't JUST dancing, there is the popularity vote also!

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 23:24
agree Thess I think Dancing on Ice grabbed the sportsfolk they have two i believe - agree re who will make final - Gemma (Ive not danced before) is training hard and from what ive read in papers she thinks she is a shoo in but I dont find her very likeable (have met her) and those who take it too seriously often not as popular as they think.

Hope Jonnie does well believe Sharna Burgess came over from DWTS USA to help assess him for show (she danced with an amputee) and gave him some tips etc and I hear he is having a leg made to help him with the latin (based on the type used on US show)
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 15:56
Originally posted by Bren

agree Thess I think Dancing on Ice grabbed the sportsfolk they have two i believe - agree re who will make final - Gemma (Ive not danced before) is training hard and from what ive read in papers she thinks she is a shoo in but I dont find her very likeable (have met her) and those who take it too seriously often not as popular as they think.Hope Jonnie does well believe Sharna Burgess came over from DWTS USA to help assess him for show (she danced with an amputee) and gave him some tips etc and I hear he is having a leg made to help him with the latin (based on the type used on US show)

Yes, I saw some of their routines, quite brilliant. I'm looking forward to seeing Jonny too.    
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345