I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2017 Pro line up confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 Pro line up confirmed
    Posted: 21 June 2017 at 16:37

Strictly Come Dancing shock as another favourite quits show

STRICTLY Come Dancing has lost another staple from the show.

By Jack Wetherill /

Strictly%20Come%20Dancing BBC

SHOCK: Another regular from the show is leaving

The lineup of professional dancers has been confirmed ahead of this year's series coming in September.

Head judge Len Goodman left the show – and will be replaced by Shirley Ballas – and now three more of the cast are saying goodbye.

In a shock shakeup, last year's champ Joanne Clifton has stepped down to focus on musical theatre.

GONER: Joanne is leaving after winning last year

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

We take a look at the line-up for the highly anticipated 'Strictly Come Dancing' 2016

The dancing queen lifted the glitterball trophy with presenter Ore Oduba last December.

Also leaving the show are Oksana Platero, Judge Rinder's partner, and Natalie Lowe, though she announced this last month.

This means three newbies are being brought in to fill their space – South Wales dancer Amy Dowden, Australian Dianne Buswell and Ukrainian Nadiya Bychkova.

The other professionals are set to return for another series this year.

Emotional moment Ore Oduba wins Strictly Come Dancing

Strictly%20Come%20Dancing WENN

GOODBYE: Oksana Platero and Natalie Lowe have stepped down

Strictly Come Dancing 2016 in pictures

Strictly Come Dancing 2016 hits the ballroom once more.
1 / 30

“I will miss the show so much”

Joanne Clifton

That means Janette Manrara, Gorka Márquez, Karen Clifton, Pasha Kovalev, Anton du Beke, Brendan Cole, Giovanni Pernice, Aljaž Skorjanec, Katya Jones, AJ Pritchard, Kevin Clifton and Oti Mabuse will be back.

Joanne, who is touring with Thoroughly Modern Millie, has said she'd be sad to leave her co-stars.

"Being part of the Strictly experience has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I will miss the show so much.

"It's been a tough decision but I am looking forward to facing new challenges and focusing on my musical theatre career."

NEW: Nadiya Bychkova, Amy Dowden and Dianne Buswell are joining

She will, however, return to the first episode of the series to reunite with Ore for a performance.

Welsh beauty Amy said of joining the show: "Becoming a professional dancer on Strictly Come Dancing has made my wildest dreams come true, it does not feel real.

"I have always been proud of my Welsh roots and feel so honoured to be the first Welsh professional dancer on the most loved show on TV."

Related articles

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2017 at 16:40
Sad about Jo leaving, but was on the cards after the success of Millie, - she will I think be making announcement about her next project very soon.

New line up looks good, the girls are of a good quality, Amy and her dance partner Ben did a demonstration at the school at the end of last year - very welsh she is :) - good dancer

The male line up is very tired IMO

same about as last year (8 girls, nine males) so think you may find 1 male and 1 female dancer maybe partnerless
katiekins1867 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote katiekins1867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2017 at 19:46
Chloe isn't listed as returning in the article - do we assume she is anyway because they've not said she's leaving?

Couldn't agree with you more Bren about the male line up... yawn! Also, sad Jo isn't returning but understandable given her success.

Already looking forward to the celeb line up reveal!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2017 at 22:05
yes Chloe def back
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 12:43
Joanne leaving- shocked, just seen it
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/strictly-come-dancing-winner-ore-oduba-on-joanne-cliftons-shock-exit/ar-BBD1fKa?li=AA9SkIr&ocid=spartandhp

Anton still in it????
Obviously for the more mature ladies participating.

Don't mind Brendan still being in it.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 13:56
Neil Jones' name is also missing in the article. Shame Joanne is going as I really enjoyed her routines and watching her dance. I know nothing about the newbies but think Katya must be in with a chance of doing well this year considering how brilliant she was with "no hoper" Ed last year.
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 14:46
Just read about Jo going, so came straight here! Relieved to see Bren's comments re the new girls & agree that the men could do with a cull!!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 17:22
Jo has announced today she is to star in the new production of Flashdance - onwards and upwards

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 17:24
agree Salsa - Katya is due a contender as are a few others - Oti should get a no hoper she had the out and out favourite last year

None of the male dancers have changed - Neil is still in
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2017 at 07:50
Wishing Jo all the best in musical theatre.

I think Neil & Chloe should have partners this year.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 06:39
Hello everyone - how are we all all doing?

Sad to see Joanne gone but it seems winning the show seems to be an exit cue these days! (Aliona going as well) And Oksana - she managed to surprise everyone and get some half decent performances out of the judge! I'm looking forward to seeing Shirley on the panel - a fresh face is needed. I wonder if Len's Lens will become Shirley Sees?

I honestly don't know if I'll bother with it this year - it hasn't been a great year up in the shire for me and the wife and both of us enjoyed last year's less than any of them - but even if we do end up watching something else on a Saturday night I won't desert this lovely place. Sorry for being scarce on here lately - real life has got in the way and there's not much for us to talk about when Strictly's off. With DOI coming back next year supposedly that should get us talking post-Strictly again - although given some of the rumoured 'line-up' I can't guarantee that!

Sorry to go into a rant, I haven't slept and am very cranky so do forgive me - but the show just doesn't spark excitement in me anymore. I've said this ad infinitum I'm sure but last year's series was the worst yet and as every series since Alesha won has got worse and worse with a few exceptions I can't see it getting better. I could only raise a faint smile at news of the new judge when I'm sure if someone half decent was announced as a judge in previous days I'd have been counting down the days. Speaking of that, it must only be a month or so until it starts up - where has the bloody time gone?

Looking forward to conversing with you all more anyway!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 22:26
hi Andrew good to hear from you, I am sorry you have not had such a good year, I have a feeling this year maybe good - am so looking forward to Shirley on the show

Yes DOI after Christmas should be good too - I hear Phil and HOLLY have signed up to present it

Have had a so so year health wise but getting better now will givee the board a clean up next week and set a proper thread up for this year :)
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 22:31
Jo's flashdance rehearsals looking great

Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 07:42
Hi Andrew. Good to see you . I don't suppose you've had any barbecues yet this summer...
How about Shirley's Specs? Hope you'll find time for your blog.

I didn't know about DOI! Are T&D on board?

Edited by Jo Bird - 03 Aug 2017 at 07:43
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 08:53
yes Jo but judging not training the skaters
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 13:33
That'll work well (imo)... I'd much prefer to see what the pros can do .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>