I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2016
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Natalie Lowe retires from SCD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Natalie Lowe retires from SCD
    Posted: 04 May 2017 at 16:41

Strictly Come Dancing professional Natalie Lowe QUITS the BBC One show after seven years

Strictly Come Dancing professional Natalie Lowe has announced she is retiring from the hit BBC One show.

The 36 year old has partnered with Olympian Greg Rutherford on last year's series.

She's also danced with celebrities including Hollyoaks star Ricky Whittle and EastEnders actor Scott Maslen since joining the series in 2009.

"This was a very difficult decision for me not to accept the invitation to appear on this season of Strictly Come Dancing," she told the Press Association.

Natalie Lowe danced with Greg Rutherford last year
They put on an impressive show

"It is with a very heavy heart that I have arrived at this decision.

"I'll be forever grateful for the amazing time, opportunities and memories that Strictly has created for me. My time on the programme has been everything that I dreamed it would be and more.

"From the friendships I developed, the amazing dances I was able to perform in and the experiences that Strictly provided, it has been an incredible and extraordinary adventure."

They were the ninth couple to be voted out
She is now working on a new project

Before joining Strictly, she competed on Australia's Dancing With The Stars and even went on to win the 2006 series of the TV show.

During her first year on Strictly in 2009, she danced with Whittle and the pair came second after being beaten by BBC presenter Chris Hollins and professional Ola Jordan.

Last year, she and Rutherford were the ninth couple to leave the show.

But she won't be quitting showbiz for good, she'd working on a new project and also plans to spend more time promoting her dance-based fitness programme FitSteps.

Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 18:56
Gutted about this. She was always my favourite professional :/
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 14:13
Personally I think Natalie has made the right move leaving with her decision and whilst she has lots of projects on the go and with people wishing she would stay rather than thinking i was her time to go.

She has been a great pro on Strictly and Im sure her new ventures will be a great success
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 13:27
Aw, I liked Natalie but can see why she'd want to go. I wonder what tall dancer they'll get to replace her?
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 13:52
Always leave the party when you're having a good time. Shame we won't be seeing her this year, but I agree Bren, it's far better to go out on a high then to have people getting fed up of you.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 07:40
Wishing Natalie well for the future.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 19:15
Awww Natalie fav of mine too!!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply