I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2016 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

17th December - The Final

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 17th December - The Final
    Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 21:15
Nearly two and a half hours with no break - good job there's plenty wine in the house!

The opening is hilariously melodramatic - no doubt we'll be in for more of this throughout the show. Here come our finalists - I wonder how long it'll be before they start their routines?

And here are Daly and Winklepicker - Winklepicker's wearing an nice enough frock for once but Daly's is partly ruined by the tacky belt again.

Judging by last week's marks, I think every dance will get a 'perfect' score' whether they deserve it or not.

I *think* they're getting the first couple on - yes, it's Ore & Joanne:-
I'm very glad the stooges have given them the American Smooth again - I thought they'd give in and stiff them with a rubbish one after the ridiculous 'fix' rumors abound on Digital Spy!
I loved this when they did it first and it's just as good now - I think the wine must be kicking in already - me and the wife got up and tried it out!
Turns out I was wrong about the scores - they do have '9's' after all.

Louise & Kevin:-
The Cha-Cha-Cha - I have no memory of them doing this, I don't think. Well, it wasn't my favourite of hers but I still enjoyed it - and I will be backing them for the trophy!

Danny & Oti:-
There's no need for me to comment on the dance - we all know it'll be excellent - wait a minute, did he cock up that step? The stooges, surprisingly, mention it - this'll surely help them win?

I knew it wouldn't be long until Winklepicker shoved in her 'props' interlude - with that and the 'terms and conditions' tomfoolery every week, the Beeb seem to be preparing the show for a move to CBeebies next year!

Ore & Joanne:-
I don't like to sound cliched, but this is what a *proper* show dance looks like - gushing from the stooges and 10's across the board - well deserved!

Louise & Kevin:-
Why are they bringing in Daly and Winklepicker into the training footage? We see enough of the pair already - more than enough!
The music wasn't the best but Louise's dancing was well worth a '10' - they'd better not finish third!

Danny & Oti:-
The fact they're dancing to an Adele song wasn't going to help me enjoy this - no, I'm not a fan! I'll admit, it was danced very well - of course it was! I still think he'll nab the trophy - after ending up in the dunce off last week the 'Hollyoaks' fans will be out in full force!

Hells bells - according to Winklepicker the couples are only doing one more dance but it says there's an hour to go - how much padding will there be?

Ore & Joanne:-
I don't think I've seen their Jive in full since they did it - and while I'm not a big fan of the style I can't deny how well they danced - I may drop these two a vote as well as Louise.

The final dance of the series - hooray! I didn't catch much of it as I was fetching another bottle of red but the wife and the stooges liked it - to the surprise of no one, a '40'.

Right, time for some 'public' messages - didn't they do that last week?

Now it's time to say goodbye to Old Pa Goodman - goodbye, Old Pa Goodman, now can we reveal the bliddy winner?

Before we get to that, I'd like to apologize if tonight's blog has been a bit boring - it's been a long series so I've grown a bit tired of it - tonight's show should be a lesson to the Beeb that a single week should never be this long without a break!

Rats, we now have to hear from the booted out dancers - and watch them dance again - the dance was quite entertaining, although it soon became apparent who'd danced a step since they went out and who hadn't!

Here are the stooges, talking about how this was 'the best series ever' - I don't care what they or Daly and Winklepicker say, I thought it was the worst series ever!

I think it's finally time - and well done Ore for winning, even if he wasn't my first pick - I'm going to have fun reading the meltdowns on Digital Spy later tonight!

Thanks everyone who read and commented the blog - as I think I've made clear, this hasn't been a great series of Strictly for me and I think that's been perhaps reflected in the quality of the blog - I still enjoy posting it and reading all your thoughts - as well as the rest of the forum.

Now it's time for christmas!

Edited by Andrew - 17 Dec 2016 at 21:15
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 21:48
At last Andrew... You got up and had a dance. Nice work.

Thank you for doing the blog each week. I've really enjoyed it.

Merry Xmas to you & the wife
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 22:50
Thanks Andrew, compliments of the season
Pan
Marky B View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Marky B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 14:16
Thanks Andrew!
Don't tell them,Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply