I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2016
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strictly final Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 21:46
Well done Ore & Jo. Worthy winners. Lucky you Bren!

I voted Louise... but I'm equally pleased for Ore .
He danced the best on the night. A fabulous showdance.

Plus I don't think Kevin will mind losing out to Jo.
At least the trophy's in the hands of a Clifton.

Thanks Bren. Merry Xmas everyone.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 22:45
Merry Christmas everyone off on a Christmas cruise tomorrow so not any chance of joining you for the Christmas show. Pleased Ore won and well done Bren thanks for all your opinions see you next year
Pan
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 02:13
have a great holiday
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 12:05
Congrats to Ore and Jo (and Bren!) on a thoroughly deserved win. 3 faultless performances on the night to me means they are totally worthy winners. He's started from nowhere, she's done a magnificent job both with teaching and choreographing him. What's not to applaud?

Their AS was divine, and while all that jumping about on drums wasn't my cup of tea I can see it was complex and really well executed. Personally I found it an unnecessary distraction but the overall "feel" of the routine was bang-on, pure Hollywood and so well suited to the man. As to the jive - my all-time favourite SCD jive the first time I saw it, now new and improved. Bravo!

Louise and Kevin were... Louise and Kevin. She's delightful, they danced beautifully, but like Natalie Guemede and Rachel Stevens before her Louise just doesn't make that connection with me. Their showdance was lovely to watch but (unlike Caroline and Pasha's in a similar vein a couple of years back) it didn't resonate with me. If I'm sitting saying "that's lovely, pass the biscuits please" there's something not working.

I will say, her AT was brilliant. I think I find her easier to connect with in a performance when she isn't smiling. I don't know why, with so much talk about her blossoming confidence, but I was still seeing the same slightly shy woman she was at the beginning at times during her first dance especially.

Danny - oh, Danny! Heartbreaking to see that glorious Quickstep going wrong when I love it so much! He knew there and then he wasn't going to win (on a side-note, I hope Oti gets another good 'un soon, she's a star) but at least that allowed him to really let go with the other two dances.

I ADORED that showdance! It wasn't as neat-and-tidy as Louise's but it captivated me. I loved the passion, the emotion, the intensity of the whole thing, and when Oti "tells a story through dance" I find it doesn't go over my head as some others do. I found it absolutely compelling. As for the Samba - after countless disco versions/Carmen Miranda take-offs it's something completely fresh and in my eyes, absolutely thrilling. My dance of the series, for definite.

I've actually enjoyed this series a lot! Merry Christmas to all, and I hope I'll be back for next year
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 16:14
Watched on catch up just now. It was a great final and a great series this year. Personally I was pleased to see Ore win it. I think he really rose to the occasion over the last two weeks and Len summed it up when he said Ore represented the true spirit of Strictly. I have also enjoyed sharing my views with the rest of you on here. Hope you all have a good Xmas and see you again next year!
Danceboy View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Danceboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 17:33
Did anyone else notice that after their jive Joanne was limping and had done something to her left leg. I hope she has no permanent damage and wish her a speedy recovery.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 10:11
in the press photos taken before the show her leg was strapped so she must have a pull on it or something
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011