I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Final dances and music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Final dances and music
    Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 19:26
Ore and Joanne’s Favourite Dance will be a Jive to “Runaway Baby” by Bruno Mars
Danny and Oti’s Favourite Dance will be a Samba to “Magalenha” by Sergio Mendes
Louise and Kevin’s Favourite Dance will be an Argentine Tango to “Tanguera” by Sexteto Mayor

Ore and Joanne will be performing a Showdance to “I Got Rhythm” by George and Ira Gershwin
Danny and Oti will be performing a Showdance to “Set Fire To The Rain” by Adele
Louise and Kevin will be performing a Showdance to “One Moment in Time” by Whitney Houston

Judges choice to be revealed
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 20:24
Louise's showdance music has depressed me, not keen on Adele either but that song has a bit more life to it than the Whitney one. Ore's should suit him.

The judges - do they choose one that they thought could have been better? What do we think they'll go for?
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 22:58
to take another slant on it Maisie (I thought the same as you until I talked to my bro who does a lot of showdance choreography)  he said:

Louise is reserved good technically but is not a show off - One Moment in time has dramatic highlights with lovely soft music perfect for Louise the music will make up for what she lacks in showmanship he bets Kev will do an AS style routine with loads of fast pivots and lifts in the highlights - what Louise is good at and he thinks it is a clever choice by Kev - a razzmatazz number was never going to suit her

Jo's choice for Ore is good cos he is a showman but not as clean on technique so will suit

I am not keen on the Adele song either think Oti might be tempted to go contemporary cos Dannny trained in it - that can go either way

so very open final still

will be interesting what way judges go if they pick a dance to improve for one then they must do that for all some say Danny has quickstep - which scored 39 so hardly a dance to improve on
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 06:40
I think Ore's song & Louise's song will really suit them.
Not sure about Danny's... Not a fan of contemporary.

If the judges are being fair they should pick Foxtrot
for Danny, Jive or cha cha for Louise and Tango or
cha cha for Ore.

Edited by Jo Bird - 14 Dec 2016 at 06:44
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 11:51
agree Jo but think for  judges may well pick waltz for Ore 
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 17:12
Should be an interesting final with plenty of good dancing. It is really down to the popularity votes now. Shame I won't be able to watch it live!
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 11:28
Ore and Jo have the obvious standout showdance tune but I rather like the Adele track; just hope Oti doesn't throw too many styles at it. The favourite dances were pretty much a given I think, but it'll be fascinating to see what the judges have picked.

If they want the final to be the best possible, I'd love to see Danny's QS and Ore's AS again. I know they both scored well, but I want to see the best dances in the final, and I loved both of those. Given the likely style of Ore's SD though, I suppose it's unlikely.

I can't recall anything of Louise's that made me sit up and think "I'd love to see that again" and her showdance number... well, I'm glad to read your brother's view, Bren! My immediate thought was that it's a powerful, emotional song and those aren't traits I associate with Louise's dancing.

Kevin hasn't dropped a clanger with his showdances in the past: I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing this time!

Edited by BambionIce - 17 Dec 2016 at 11:28
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 13:08
where Kev has been clever is the theme of it but we will see tonight

if I was picking a good dance of Louise it would be there waltz was the best celeb waltz I have seen for a long time so technically right she was even tracking her feet something I have never seen on a celeb

just some gossip  Gene Kelly's widow has flown in to go to the final to meet Ore - so I wonder if he will be doing singing in the rain as his judges choice - then again I got rythm is from American in Paris and Gene danced to that too
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 13:40
Originally posted by Bren

just some gossip  Gene Kelly's widow has flown in to go to the final to meet Ore - so I wonder if he will be doing singing in the rain as his judges choice - then again I got rythm is from American in Paris and Gene danced to that too

Goodness knows what the anti Clifton camp will have to say...
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 14:26
haha Jo it will go into melt down
 Post Reply Post Reply