I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who do you think will win?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who do you think will win?
    Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 12:44
Up until last night I would've said Danny...
but Louise must be doing really well in the vote.

If she dances well enough she might just edge it.

Edited by Jo Bird - 13 Dec 2016 at 15:48
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 18:18
I really don't have a clue!!
Marky B View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Marky B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 21:58
I would like to see Ore win now.

Don't tell them,Pike
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 23:40
I haven't a clue to be honest but with only 4 in that semi one thing was for sure that Ore and Louise got the most public votes (for Louise to overtake Danny she probably got the most)

With all the bad press fueled by James Jordan don't know how Ore's vote will hold up

Will Claudia fans swap to Danny as revenge for Claudia going ?  (you should read twitter some are manic)

With Louise not sure I wish she would let it go a bit more and just go for it

Danny - some great performances this year with the emphasis on performance over substance with the exception of his QS many of his routines he lets the performance overtake the the technique but that is my personal bug bear most viewers would not really see it

I think it boils down to 2 things

1) the showdance (probably the most important)

2) what the judges pick for them to dance

So back at do not know who will win and happy at the quality of all 3 so should be good final

But if had to pick one would love Ore to get it just
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 00:24
well the reason Ore is in the final is cos Jo asked Santa !!!  :) click on link below then click pic for video

JO AT ROYAL ALBERT HALL  

Edited by Bren - 13 Dec 2016 at 00:27
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 07:39
Ha ha Bren. That's great. Jo's got a nice voice too.

I don't mind who wins - but I like that it's open -
not a foregone conclusion like last year.

Apparently Brendan's waded in and said he thinks
the judging wasn't fair...

Edited by Jo Bird - 13 Dec 2016 at 07:39
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 09:44
take Brendan with a pinch of salt he is taking the opportunity to moan whilst James gets the flack he always was wicked :) I just feel sorry for these paper reports must take shine off experience for the finalists
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 12:11
I know... Feel sorry for Ore. People are cross on the bbc blogs.
Hope none of the Cliftons read anything over there.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 12:23
sadlty it is the Claudia fans who are worse on twitter they are woeful

On sat night Jo and Kevs cousin tweeted well done to them and was trolled telling her the show is about celebs not pros  and anyways if poor Claudia was not robbed one of them would be gone - it just crosses the line doesnt it ?

Would hate to be so invested in something would go round posting negativity about their rivals
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 15:45
It does cross a line (imo).

I think Claudia was undermarked but that's not Ore's fault.
I hope he doesn't take it to heart because he's clearly
quite a sensitive fella.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 16:07
Hello - old-timer sticking her head over the parapet here

I've not been about for the past few years - real world issues (let's just say depression stinks) but I've started to rekindle my enthusiasm for SCD so thought I'd pop back in.

I'd be happy to see either of the men win this year. Louise seems to be a lovely woman and she's a nice dancer, but by the time the judges have done their bit I've usually forgotten what she actually did .

I don't understand the venom I've seen in certain other forums for her partner, I must say. When he's interviewed Kevin strikes me a perfectly pleasant chap and he's clearly a first-class teacher. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of his choreography but he understands his audience and most people seem to like his routines. They're often not my taste, but that's just me - subjectivity's a wonderful thing!

Joanne seems to catch her share of flak too, which again puzzles me - she seems a smashing lady and I think she's done a brilliant job with Ore. if Louise is the sweetie of the last three, he strikes me as the biggest "personality". His jive and AS are among my top 5 dances of the series and he's always good value as a performer. I'd be delighted to see him win.

Danny - well, I took one look and thought "Hollyoaks actor. great teeth. Good looking. Bet he's a cocky sod; I'm not going to like him!" I've concluded, however, that I might have been wrong.

He and Oti have a fantastic partnership I think; her choreography has worked for me and the most memorable dances of the year have been their Samba, AS and Quickstep. I know nowt about the technique, I can only judge on gut feel, and those are the three routines I went back to first on YouTube, so that has to count for something!

Personally I'd have preferred to see Claudia in the final ahead of Louise - her QS was fab, I preferred her two dances overall to Louise's two and I felt she was marked down more than once by the judges, but you can't "fix" the popular vote and she clearly wasn't getting the public love. I just wish they hadn't treated her like a child all the way through! She's 19, but the way Tess burbled at her you'd have thought she was about 8!

Hope all the old hands are doing well - and hello to the people I haven't "met" before!

Edited by BambionIce - 16 Dec 2016 at 16:07
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 16:32
Hey Bambi Good to have you back.

Lovely review of the series. Agree with almost everything.
I'd prefer a Louise / Ore win but won't be upset if it's Danny.

Edited by Jo Bird - 17 Dec 2016 at 06:59
anniemay View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote anniemay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 18:01
Hi Bambi Glad you feel well enough to join us again. I am pleased with the three finalists and it will depend on the performances on the night who I vote for.

Edited by anniemay - 17 Dec 2016 at 09:00
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 20:46
Hi Bambi nice to see you posting - all fair comments re finalists

to be frank I do prefer Ore over them all - not the best technique but just love his showmanship and the fact he is a non dancer - I love Kevin and his dancing but Ore all the way for me though do not dislike any of final three

Danny is a well trained show dancer and it does show - Oti has done good routines for him but she has had a half baked cake to start with.  Whilst he has had some fab dances and given great performances for me he makes too many technical error (something only a trained eye would spot) for me to be absolutely wowed by him

Louise just needs to let go and go for it

all 3 worthy winners so for once I can watch and not be too upset at the result at all

hope some of you will be around tomorrow
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 22:05
Can't say I have found the Clintons as annoying this season as the others.  They seem very nice but very over animated which gets a bit annoying.  They have certainly both toned it down this season so maybe aware of it?
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 00:21
I think they fit in with their partners sue - Kellie and Scott were quite full on characters were as (especially Louise) their partners this year are calmer and quieter so they have matched themselves to them (Kevin seemed calmer with Frankie too)

Hope you are well Sue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>