I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3rd December - Musicals Week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3rd December - Musicals Week
    Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 20:52
Yes, BBC, we get it - it's the quarter finals!

We start with the Berk doing a musical number - can he take theatre work up permanently? I heard there's a vacancy in New Zealand - I'd pay for the flight!

Once we get past that, here come Daly and Winklepicker - Daly's frock would be decent if it didn't look like she'd put her head in the armhole of it - Winklepicker's is just plain horrible!

I always thought they did two dances when they got it down to five couples but I must be wrong - tonight's show is only an hour!

Ore & Joanne:-
I don't think I appreciated just how great their Paso last week was - I can't believe they only got one '10'! This looked very good, if not perfect - I don't mind myself having much to say on it however.
I know you're all sick to the back teeth with my comments about how tedious these 'Terms and Conditions' bits after the scores are, but they get on my wick more every week - I might start a petition!

Judge Robert & Oksana:-
Well he gave a good effort but I fear he's not long for the Strictly world - he was in the dunce off last week and he's obviously not as good as the others - which is a shame as I'd much rather a few of the other couples went.

Taxi for Judge Robert!

Louise & Kevin:-
I hope they get a '40' this week - just to see how the Anti-Clifton camp react on Digital Spy!
It was very good once they got going - they seemed to faff about slightly though, which is unlike Kevin. Despite that, I'll still vote for them tonight - they are my favourites.

Claudia & AJ:-
These two have grew on me a lot recently - like Ore's performance, I'm surprised their Argentine Tango last week wasn't marked higher - I couldn't see anything wrong with it?
The wife thought this Salsa was so good she joined in - she begged me to do it too but I refused - as good as the dance was, I've learnt from other times me and dancing just don't match!

The Perfects:-
I'm not the biggest fan of this pair - have I ever mentioned that before?
It looked a bit stompy to me but obviously I was wrong - wait a minute, Old Pa Goodman and Revel Horwood do pick up on something and don't give them '10s' - the producer will be having a word with them!

As always, thanks everyone for reading - I'll read all your thoughts and then come back to see who's out of it!

PS: I would like to apologise for the quality of tonight's musings - it's been a hectic day and I'd write about it if I wasn't too knackered!

Edited by Andrew - 03 Dec 2016 at 20:54
Marky B View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Marky B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 20:59
Thanks Andrew
Can we start a fundraiser now for Anton's flight!
Don't tell them,Pike
Jakkij View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Jakkij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 21:03
Thanks Andrew find myself agreeing 100% with your comments. Like the judge a lot but am torn because all the others are better dancers.
JJ
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 22:06
thanks andrew great review

problem with Claudia's AT was when it was on the floor some of the technique not right and the whole dance was a rip off of (lifts ) Derek Houghs and a lot of the pro dancers and Len and Bruno must have realised that - Karen on ITT said routine was familiar !

Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 11:13
Thanks Andrew

Nearly got up and danced myself to the Lion King
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 13:54
Originally posted by Bren

thanks andrew great reviewproblem with Claudia's AT was when it was on the floor some of the technique not right and the whole dance was a rip off of (lifts ) Derek Houghs and a lot of the pro dancers and Len and Bruno must have realised that - Karen on ITT said routine was familiar !

Thanks Bren - that seems fair enough.

Thanks all of you for your generous comments.
 Post Reply Post Reply