I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

19th November - Blackpool Week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 19th November - Blackpool Week
    Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 20:54
I wonder if they'll set a new record for how many props and backing dancers they can get in one performance tonight?

Yes, I know it's all fun and I'm an old grump but I'm never been a huge fan of this week - too many 'extra's' for my liking - I wonder if I've mentioned that before?

Here we go - the opening dance is very good, if a bit overpacked - still, better than most.

What is Daly wearing - has someone been a bit overzealous with the scissors?

About 15 minutes into the show, we get the first couple on - and it's Claudia & AJ:-
I see he's showing her around Blackpool - I hope she enjoys it more than me and the me and the wife did! I know, this is a Strictly blog and I shouldn't go on about myself but our holiday there didn't exactly entice us to come back there again! Onto the dance - and young Claudia certainly seems able although I think being a bit smaller helped her.

Here's Peter Kay faffing about with Winklepicker - I hope this isn't a sign he'll be doing the show next year - that and the possibility of Gnasher Hardy being a judge would would make me run off like a hare!

Ore & Joanne:-
Now *this* is a proper dance - the backing didn't affect it too much and it was danced brilliantly by both - I was worried they'd nitpick but hooray, three 10's!

Louise & Kevin:-
The Paso Doble - this should be great from them, Kevin's ones are always - and the choreography and dancing was just that - even if some of the backing annoyed me. I think I'll vote for them - and if they look like they're in danger at the end of the show I may even go the extra mile and vote on the phone as well as on the website!

Danny & Oti:-
I can't be doing with these two - I'm sure it'll be brilliant and professional standard so I'm off to pour some vino for me and the wife - let's see if I'm wrong!

What a surprise - 4 10's!

Ed & Katya:-
Surely the duffer has to go this week - I accepted this show wasn't a proper dance competition when they did that tacky revamp years ago but we've already lost two good dancers - as I said earlier, I know I'm an old grump but looking at this and certain other forums I'm not the only one getting bored!
The Jive - well, he's giving it a go but I'm wishing I'd saved the vino until now.

Taxi for Ed? Yeah, right!

Greg & Natalie:-
I'm worried for Greg this week - he's not great and he ended up in the dunce off last time - it's a shame as there are people I'd much rather were booted out. I didn't have much to say on the dance except for he seemed decent enough - who's next?

Judge Robert & Oksana:-
I feel sorry for Judge Robert - I don't think he wants to be one of the 'joke' contestants with Ed Balls but the show seems to be trying to do that. It had more 'content' in it than some dances have tonight - as with others, I would've preferred it without the backing dancers and props.   

Well there we go - I'll see what you all thought about the show then I'll be back later for the result - it better not be someone good!

By the way - I'd like to apologise for the quality of the blog this week - last night I had no sleep and I'm a bit grumpy - I'll do better next time!

Edited by Andrew - 19 Nov 2016 at 20:57
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 21:18
Andrew, no probs with the quality of the blog - you did great, considering what you had to work with!! I think they give Blackpool such a huge build up, that it's always going to be a disappointment but this year's seemed to be a bigger let down than usual.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 21:52
Thanks Andrew. I was hoping you & the wife might've joined in Ed's Jive
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 23:59
Originally posted by Maisie

Andrew, no probs with the quality of the blog - you did great, considering what you had to work with!! I think they give Blackpool such a huge build up, that it's always going to be a disappointment but this year's seemed to be a bigger let down than usual.

It seems to get worse every year!

Originally posted by Jo Bird

Thanks Andrew. I was hoping you & the wife might've joined in Ed's Jive

No chance
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 11:52
Hi Andrew. Great blog as usual. Sorry for late reply. Back in hospital. Total left hip transplant. Found cancer in hip and they think it could be in left pelvis as black mass around it. Oh well been here four weeks. Don't remember first two weeks!

Agree with your comments. Voted from bed for Lou and Kevin. Absolutely loved their dance. You're right. Kevin is the best Paso choreographer.

Ed Balls,God bless him, needs to go now.

Have a lovely night with wife and vino.

Lunch is served. BFN. XXX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
 Post Reply Post Reply