I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12th November - Week 8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12th November - Week 8
    Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 21:06
I'd like to apologise to the four or five regular commenters on the blog for not being here last week - I wasn't feeling very well and I'd forgotten my password to here - I'm fine now, although I've now learned to always read the sell-by-date on fish!

We're on - and here comes Daly, who looks like she's wearing an apron (let's hope she's considering a career change to Bake Off when it moves next year) and Winklepicker - oh get on, as I seem to say every week - we all know the rules after 14 odd years!

Daisy & Aljaž:-
She looks like she's had a few too many in that get-up - the Sarmba (?) looked quite good though, if a bit messy.
Ooh, Old Ma Berry in the audience - I assume she hasn't left the Beeb then?

Winklepicker's upstairs antics get less funny every week - they were never all that in the first place! Can she join Daly in Bake Off as well?

Greg & Natalie:-
Another great couple - well she's brilliant at least. He made an effort but it was as stiff as a starched collar and it wasn't exactly the most romantic Argentine Tango I've ever seen - it was an Argentine Tango, right? I struggle to tell more and more these days - either I'm getting older or the pros are putting less and less 'dance content' in their routines - I think it's the last one!

Judge Robert & Oksana:-
I didn't catch their dance as it was my turn to take out the bin - I decided to make the time worthwhile by bringing through a bottle of red on the way back! Well, the stooges obviously liked it - I'll have to see what you all said about it.

Ore & Joanne:-
I have no clue why they ended up in the dunce off last week - I'd *much* rather Danny had been there with the one who went home (I've forgotten who it was already - shows how much of an impression they made!) but I suppose the 'Hollyoaks' fans were out in full force!
Wow - I loved this a lot - no thanks to the music - and I may vote for them more than once!

Ed & Katya:-
Hells bells - I thought that 'Ganga Style' fad was done and forgotten about! No doubt if this is 'entertaining' enough it'll start all over again. To be fair, I did feel a bit sorry for old Ed during the Salsa (I use the term loosely) - the choreography didn't exactly discourage people from laughing at him - which the wife did - a lot!

Sorry to ruin the mood but I'm beginning to find it a bit ludicrous - I don't know if she picked the song or TPTB did but it certainly wasn't a Salsa - whoever created the great dance will be turning in their graves!

Danny & Oti:-
The Argentine Tango - I'm sure it'll be excellent, passionate and the dance of the night, whatever he does!
I don't care what steps he was doing, it looked too fast and frantic - Louise's last week was much better for me!
Wow, the stooges aren't gushing that much - I thought they'd love it - wait a minute, normality has resumed - Old Pa Goodman and Bruno award it with '10's and praise it to the skies!

Louise & Karen:-
I don't want to sound like Bruce Forsyth but this pair are my new favourites - and this was so good that me and the wife got up and had a go - she tried to get me to do it for Ed Balls' Salsa but I said I'd only do it if I got to drink the remains of the red and then she gave up!
Shut up Dreary, you nitpicking ninny!

Well that's that then - I'll be back later to see who got booted out.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 21:21
missed your comments last week, i was in Notts visiting my daughter at Uni, so had to catch up the show on a tiny screen, which kept buffering!!

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 21:22
You missed a ;couple out, lol
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 21:28
Originally posted by littlesue

You missed a ;couple out, lol

I knew I'd missed someone out - I suppose all I can say now is that Claudia was very good!
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 21:44
Hi Andrew, thanks for this missed your comments last week hope you are feeling better now 😀
Pan
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 08:05
Thanks Andrew. Missed your sparkling wit last week.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 21:40
Originally posted by Andrew

Louise & Karen:-
I don't want to sound like Bruce Forsyth but this pair are my new favourites - and this was so good that me and the wife got up and had a go - she tried to get me to do it for Ed Balls' Salsa but I said I'd only do it if I got to drink the remains of the red and then she gave up!
Shut up Dreary, you nitpicking ninny!

Well that's that then - I'll be back later to see who got booted out.

Oooo Andrew - you've given us Strictly's first same sex couple
 Post Reply Post Reply