I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Week 7 Chat Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Week 7 Chat Thread
    Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 15:56
Thank you, Bren!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 21:02
Originally posted by salsa-addict

Originally posted by Bren

dont know about Laura Salsa have just heard that John Platero did the choreography for that Salsa (Oksana's husband) must say not impressed oooo sabotage :)

Ha ha! Maybe he is trying to "help" Oksana win??? Or maybe he is a better dancer than choreographer? I have certainly seen better salsa routines on Strictly. He is certainly a lovely salsa dancer - there is a really good clip of him dancing salsa socially at the world championships in 2007 which really shows how you don not need to travel all across the floor to make salsa look good. I am not sure I have the tech know how to post it here. Can you sort it for me, Bren?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heaoDooGJ4I

right tech lesson to post you tube video you need to put the code after = above  namely

heaoDooGJ4I    before that code you put in square brackets tube and after /tube in square brackets []

this :)

Edited by Bren - 06 Nov 2016 at 21:04
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 20:23
My fav dances of the night were
Louise/Kev
Ed/Katja
Claudia/AJ--my fav, even liked the music!!
Ore/Joanne

I reckon next to go could be Greg, as Ed I think still entertaining for the mo, including me, and I love how Judge Rinder enjoying it still.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 15:42
Originally posted by Bren

dont know about Laura Salsa have just heard that John Platero did the choreography for that Salsa (Oksana's husband) must say not impressed oooo sabotage :)

Ha ha! Maybe he is trying to "help" Oksana win??? Or maybe he is a better dancer than choreographer? I have certainly seen better salsa routines on Strictly. He is certainly a lovely salsa dancer - there is a really good clip of him dancing salsa socially at the world championships in 2007 which really shows how you don not need to travel all across the floor to make salsa look good. I am not sure I have the tech know how to post it here. Can you sort it for me, Bren?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heaoDooGJ4I
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 15:24
dont know about Laura Salsa

have just heard that John Platero did the choreography for that Salsa (Oksana's husband) must say not impressed oooo sabotage :)
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 13:06
Originally posted by worcesterdancer

I don't understand what the Salsa is....strange sort of non dance

Salsa is not suited to this type of show - it is a social dance and meant to be danced in crowded clubs where the couples stay close to each other and Therefore sensual body movement & "armography" are the key features. Lifts would be positively dangerous in such circumstances and there is no space to gallop all over the floor. What you tend to see on Strictly are show dances rather than authentic salsa. End of lecture!!

Whilst I agree that Ed is the worst dancer I do think Katya is doing a brilliant job of teaching him, giving him appropriate choreography - both for him and to suit the dance - AND he is improving, so all credit to them. They are what this show should really be about.

Does anyone know whether Laura wears a hearing aid? I have noticed a couple of times something in her left ear. At first I assumed it was something to do with the mikes/sound tech etc, but haven't noticed anyone else wearing the same.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 11:41
Agree with you there Maisie. Everyone did well... even Ed.

I really liked Danny's Jive, both VW and both QS. Loved Loiuse's AT.

Voted Daisy. Hoping Ore & Louise will be safe without a vote.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 22:24
Well, that was better than last week! Enjoyed most of them - Laura the least. Tess in that jumpsuit really put me off though!! Scoring a bit OTT for some but nothing new there. Hope Laura in dance off with Ed.
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 21:15
Was surprised on comments on ITT on Friday when the guests were all saying they thought Laura would win the competition!
Pan
anniemay View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote anniemay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 21:11
AT one of my favourite dances, and I thought Louise did well. I voted for Louise & Ore (I admit to being a Clifton fan) I have a feeling the public will keep Ed in `til Blackpool.
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 20:54
Here now but can't get it on i-player yet Have to leave the house while village bonfire on as dogs are terrified of the fireworks. We drive out a few miles & watch from afar, with a flask of tea & cake.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 20:35
have not a clue how it will go
mikelincs View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote mikelincs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 20:23
so have I, I think there were a few people over rated by the judges.
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 20:16
Voted online
Pan
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 20:14
Laura in bottom 2????
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 20:12
looks like bomfire night drew all the usuals away in one way or another but a better week than last week
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>