I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halloween weerk SPOILER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 00:58
Do you think Ed Balls will do a 'John Sergent' if he carries on for several more weeks???
The weakest now besides Ed, are Greg, and Judge R, but they seem popular.
I could see a Daisy v Louise dance off, or something similar if they both don't get top marks one week.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 07:17
Only one fella in five D/O's. Spells trouble for the girls.

The judges need to stop with the tied scores that benefit
the lesser dancers . Unfair on the better ones.

The judges (or PTB) are giving Ed & Greg a helping hand .

Edited by Jo Bird - 30 Oct 2016 at 07:22
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 07:43
Thanks for this Bren, just glad that this weeks is over thought the dancing was sacrificed on the altar of the theme. The music choice for some was absolutely dire and the lack of imagination with some of the costumes the same. I normally love the Charleston but thought they all suffered from the above. Roll on next week!
Pan
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 11:32
Originally posted by deborah31

Do you think Ed Balls will do a 'John Sergent' if he carries on for several more weeks???
The weakest now besides Ed, are Greg, and Judge R, but they seem popular.
I could see a Daisy v Louise dance off, or something similar if they both don't get top marks one week.

I suppose it is the viewers right to vote who they want to the final - but what a poor final it would be with Ed, Greg or Rinder  in it - like the year Hollins won

the judges marks do not help - their comments do not help - the only honest critique was Craig over Gregs rumba - if you had switched on midway you would have no clue what that dance was - not one rumba basic step

Rinder told it was his best dance whilst mincing a marching paso (though funny)

Well Ed is just having fun

I just want a fair playing field with decent costumes and music for all I have no real faves this year I like several of the better dancers but I do not include any of the girls as the better dancers.

Claudia (although she is prob best girl)- she is lovely - can move well but that does not transfer to dancing well in some dances.   I now understand what Ian Waite was saying on Wednesday about them doing a Foxtrot A.Smooth  two weeks after doing a Foxtrot - although Zoe brushed it aside he went on to say it gives them two weeks at one dance - and although it went well last night it really was her Foxtrot routine with some lifts added.

Laura in flat shoes so hard to see foot position and long skirt so feet not on show hold good top line = high mark but give her anything fast and it soon goes to pot

Daisy never expected to like Daisy the person as much as I do - but Daisy the dancer has a stamina problem she loses energy in the dance about half way through affects her arm and feet use a lot (such a shame) think she smokes

Louise is good technically but she is not getting it across - was a great Charleston dance from the training vid earlier in the week looked wow - music and costume killed it she tried to sell it but did not quite work - she won't hit final unless she can learn to let go sadly this cannot be taught - can only be encouraged - she must do this bit herself

Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 11:59
Brilliant critique Bren 😀
Pan
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 13:18
Thank you Bren. Very interesting
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 17:42
Thanks Bren.
I must confess tho this week Ed did make me laugh.He minces more than the judge.
How does he manage to look so camp??
My fav girls are Claudia and Daisy.
I think some are being overmarked by the judges. Generally i tend to agree with Craig, altho he did go a bit overboard on a couple
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12