I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

22nd October - Week 5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 22nd October - Week 5
    Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 20:53
Greetings all – it’s been an awful week, so once again I’m looking forward to Strictly. Today wasn’t great either – Martha (our tabby, as readers from last year will know) decided to develop flu-like symptoms – I feared she’d came into contact with one of the professionals on this show!

So two dancers aren’t doing it – I wish Daly and Winklepicker would take a week off as well – I wouldn’t mind the Berk or the four stooges having a break either!

In all seriousness, I wish Laura, Brendan and the other unwell pros better – I’m not that cruel.

Well here we are – Winklepicker seems to be wearing my rug and Daly looks good, but the dog collar doesn't help it.

After they've explained the rules *again*, the first couple come on, and it's Judge Robert & Oksana:-
He's saying they'll 'just dance' - I trust that means there'll be no gimmicks or endless gurning - I wish! They seemed ok once they got going, and there certainly seemed to be lots of jiving there - maybe I'm completely wrong but I thought that score was a bit high?

Lesley & Anton:-
I don't want to moan, but I don't know if lifts are allowed in the tango - it all seemed a bit slow for me and she messed up a few times - the music didn't help. If it looks like she's in danger I may vote for her - first time I've ever voted for the Berk!

Greg & Natalie:-
Well he tried, but I'll admit it wasn't great - don't worry Greg, you've won gold medals you can be much more proud of! I think I'll vote for him instead - I can't believe Craig give it bliddy '4'!

Everyone seems a bit off so far - has the flu spread to the contestants?

Anastacia & Gorka:-
I hadn't read who was replacing Brendan - who's this? Ah, it's Gorka, the one that was with Tameka - he didn't leave much of an impression on me first time round as he didn't speak much - with her as a partner I doubt even I'd get a word in.
I didn't like the faffing around but they did a good Quickstep - I don't know if Gorka is a better choreographer than Brendan but I wonder if the professional change helped her? It was certainly her best - the scores showed that - I'm sure she'll be hoping for Brendan to 'take his time' to get better!

Louise & Kevin:-
A Rumba - I'm sure this'll be good - and it was good - very good, in fact - definitely the best dance tonight. Old Pa Goodman's nitpicking - why, it was her best dance, I thought? So is Craig - am I missing something?

The scores were better than I thought after the comments - they seemed about right.

Ed & Katya:-
I don't think it'll take much for him to be better than last week - he was, marginally - but still hardly Ginger Rogers. I feel bad for cackling like a witch when she nearly fell during the lift - don't try and do it again, are you trying to get her out of the competition as well?

Something's rattled Craig's cage - '2'?

Ore & Joanne:-
Their Jive last week was excellent - and this is brilliant too - I may throw them a vote online as well as Greg! I wasn't struck on Ore or Joanne at first but I think this series has really showed what she can do with someone half decent - a lot!

Daisy & Aljaz:-
I really like this pair - and the Charleston should be good from them. I was right - great choreography, great music and great dancing - I may vote for them too! No one else though - I don't know how many free ones you get, but I fear if I vote for another one I'll have to start paying!

Danny & Oti:-
After all the whinging last week from the likes of that Jordan idiot about him not getting 10's, I'm sure he'll get at least one even if he falls over and farts - with all that West End experience he shouldn't be on this show, in my opinion. Yes, I admit it was good - I preferred Kevin's Rumba choreography however.

No 10's - hmm, I thought they'd get one!

Claudia & AJ:-
The Samba is one of my favourites and this was a very fun one - for the first time this year, me and the wife got up and had a go - let's just say I tried my best! From what I could see it looked a bit messy but still reasonably good.

Right - I'm off to vote, then as usual I'll be back to see who got booted out - see you then.
Jakkij View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Jakkij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 21:38
Thanks Andrew as usual spot on and entertaining
JJ
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 21:46
Thanks Andrew.

I can't believe it's taken you & Mrs. A five weeks
to get up and have a dance
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 22:57
Originally posted by Jakkij

Thanks Andrew as usual spot on and entertaining

Originally posted by Jo Bird

Thanks Andrew.

I can't believe it's taken you & Mrs. A five weeks
to get up and have a dance

This year I've been too embarrassed to - as I mentioned in the blog, I'm not the best.

Thanks both of you for taking the time to comment - it would be nice if I got some more!
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 14:34
Brillo as ever Andrew. Like Jo can't believe it's taken you and Mrs A five weeks to leap to your feet. Is the furniture safe while you charge round the room? How's Martha? Did she become ill before or after she saw you trip the light fantastic?

Do you think the right ones went?

Felt same about Anastasia. She seemed far more comfortable with Gorka. Lovely choreography.

How Claudia got to the end of her dance without the need of an oxygen cylinder I really don't know.

Have a good week, the both of you. See you next Saturday. XXX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
 Post Reply Post Reply