I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

8th October - Movie Week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8th October - Movie Week
    Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 21:22
Is there one of these every year?

I can’t wait to see who’s been stiffed with an embarrassing outfit, like that Crab one Scott Mills had to wear a couple of years back – they’re always the most entertaining thing about ‘Movie Week’.

How long is this opening dance going to go on for - yes, we know - it's Movie Week!

I see Daly has the infamous belt back - spoiling an otherwise glamorous frock.

Right, on with the show - the first couple is Daisy & Aljaz:-
I'm sure he'll be able to do a better cockney accent than Dick Van Dyke did! A Quickstep - I love this dance when it's good, and once they got going it was just that - wait, was it supposed to be a charleston? Either Craig Revel Horwood just said it was or I'm getting old!

Oh get on, do - just get the next couple on!

Anastasica & Brendan:-
I do feel for Anastacia - but if it's true she got a hernia, I'm no medical expert but that must surely stop her from dancing? Nevertheless, she's still here - and though it wasn't great, at least she tried and it was a proper Viennese Whirl - Brenda's makeup, however makes him look more like he's had a significant amount of Botox than a vampire!

Good god, is that Gnasher Hardy in the audience?

Danny & Oti:-
No doubt however they dance they'll be praised to the high skies - ok, ok - he was good - the music helped a lot.

Lesley & Anton:-
Why are she and the Berk doing yoga? I should probably be thankful - hopefully he'll take it up full time and leave this show! Ha, that's the best he's ever looked - well, she can move - and better than some of her younger counterparts - she could be fairly good with a more competent choreographer in the Latin dances.

Will & Karen:-
Yes, it was entertaining - but isn't this supposed to be a Salsa? No doubt the stooges will completely skip past this and praise it to the high skies - wait, Old Pa Goodman does but the others ignore it - colour me surprised!

Those scores seemed way too high!

Naga & Pasha:-
Well she tried, but she just isn't very good - the costume seemed to showcase her mistakes, and looking at the other forums I don't seem to be the only one to find her a bit dull - as harsh as that sounds.

Taxi for Naga!

Judge Robert & Oskana:-
The Charleston - I fear the gurning may be back this week - To our horror, it is! I did enjoy the dance except for that - Judge Robert is competent enough and much more entertaining than most - and the new girl Oskana seems to get the best out of him.

Ore & Joanne:-
I hope there aren't too many more couples - the show seems to have gone on for so long already!
While Ore isn't a great favourite of mine, I loved the music, the choreography and the dancing - my favourite dance so far!

Good scores - well deserved! I'm looking forward to see how the Anti-Clifton army on a certain other forum react.

Laura & Giovanni:-
It was alright, but I liked their Waltz last week better - why are Old Pa Goodman and Bruno commenting about 'raunchiness'? Are they trying to push a showmance? I thought the stooges were far too kind - and how can Bruno give this the same score as Ore and Jo's dance before?

Greg & Natalie:-
Ha - they've covered his backside with a jacket - probably wise! He messed up at the start but apart from that he was good - very good in fact - and it's great to see Natalie with someone good for a change.
Pleasantly surprised at the scores!

Claudia & AJ:-
He's smug and she's not a favourite of mine but I can't deny this was fantastic - great music, great choreography - this deserves some gushing!
Old Pa Goodman's not happy at her getting pie on his desk - you should count yourself lucky it wasn't your face!

Once again, well deserved scores!

Tameka & Aljaz:-
I don't watch 'EastEnders' but if she's the funniest I won't be tuning in anytime soon! She was slightly better this week now she's doing a serious dance - I'm still not enamoured with her and does he ever speak?

Ed & Katya:-
I was distracted during this dance by the wife cackling throughout like the wicked witch of the west - I admit I laughed a bit too. Yes, it wasn't great - but at least he's giving it a good go and I think Katya is an excellent professional - unlike some with duffers have done she doesn't just dance around him.

Louise & Kevin:-
I see she's dragging out the kids - it's a bit early for that, isn't it?
I loved their Viennese Whirl last week and this is good - not quite as good, but still good - and it's the end of the show!

Thanks all for reading - as always, I'll be back later to see who's out.      
Jakkij View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Jakkij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 21:30
Thanks Andrew entertaining as always
JJ
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 22:12
Thanks Andrew entertain gas always 👍
Pan
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 22:14
Darn predicted text should read as always
Pan
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 14:01
Gnasher Hardy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply