I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Week 2 Blog 1st October

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Week 2 Blog 1st October
    Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 20:46
…Well this’ll be great – over 2 hours long according to the guide! Yes, I know it’s always this long at the start – but it seems to feel longer every year.

We’re off – Daly seems to be wearing a zip-up sofa and Winklepicker looks almost glamorous again - she must've taken my advice.

Get on, get on – I think we all know the bloody rules after 14 odd years! Who’s first? Ah, it's Ore & Joanne:-
I'm bored with these visits to fire-engines and the like - just get on with training! Well, I thought he was as stiff as an old boot but the four stooges loved it - what do I know?

Claudia & AJ:-
Was that lift allowed? Once they got going, it was ok - but I don't like his choreography. Predictably, the stooges (minus Craig) are gushing and ignore the lift - maybe it is allowed?

Will & Karen:-
I loved the music and the choreography but I'm not sure about him - he seems to have been a bit flat-footed - wait a minute, is that O'Botox in the audience? His face must now be the most shiny thing about the show!

How can Old Pa Goodman possibly give that '8'?

Lesley & Anton:-
The Cha-x3 - well, I know she's trying but I can't escape the thought of the Berk dancing with his mum. The stooges are being surprisingly kind - have they all received early access to the green room bar this Year? Even Dreary Darcey seems chirpier - I'll have to think of a new nickname!

Ridiculous scores!

Crap, still umpteen couples left - oh get on, seeing Winklpicker miming the saxophone isn't what I came here for!

Greg & Natalie:-
As always she's great and Greg seems alright - I don't know why they stiffed them with that music and his footwork doesn't seem great - it was still miles better than Lesley who got a higher score - what are they on?

Tameka & Gorka:-
It's only been two weeks but I'm already sick to the back teeth of her and her full on, gurning humour - yes, very good - surprise surprise, the stooges loved the dance!

Was she that good?

Laura & Giovanni:-
The Waltz - it was certainly better than last week and for the most part I liked the choreography - but again, the judging and scores seem way too generous - is it only me?

Melvin & Janette:-
Hopefully this'll better than last week - hells bells, it's even worse! Even she doesn't seem great - and is this supposed to be a Tango? I almost feel sorry for him - but in previous series, surely that would've got a lower score?

Taxi for Melvin!

Winklepicker says we're over halfway true - time to get a bottle of red out!

Louise & Kevin:-
What the hell does 'zorbing' have to do with dancing?

It had some wonderful waltzing and set the wife off - Kevin always seems to get the best out of his partners. Apparently she dances like Dreary - well, looking at the judges 'intros' at the start of the show each week that wouldn't be hard. Joking aside, I loved the dance and may even vote for them!

Anastacia & Brendan:-
I can't stand the music - and didn't they dance the Cha-Cha last week? I must be getting old! It was a good attempt, if lacking in Cha-x3, I suppose lousy hips and footwork were due to the injury? I see Brenda's on a speech - we heard she was injured the first time!

Ah - it was a salsa - that explains it!

Ed & Katya:-
The Charleston - I'm dreading this. Wait a minute, once again I'm wrong - he's not that bad and better than a few others tonight! Oh shut the f up Craig - at least it was a proper attempt and he *tried*. I do like Katya - like Kevin, she seems to bring out the best in her partner, unlike some!

Naga & Pasha:-
She should keep that hair!
She seemed to mess up a few times and was quite stiff - and the stooges seem to agree.

I don't have myself having much to say about these two, except she seems nice enough but isn't good - don't get in that taxi Melvin, someone else might need it!

Judge Robert & Oskana:-
At least it'll be harder for him to burn his face off during the Foxtrot - although I have a feeling he'll still manage somehow. I've never heard that song before and thankfully so - the music didn't help the dance, which was not terrible but not exactly stunning - and better than last week - much better in fact.

Daisy & Aljaz:-
Their Waltz last week was fantastic - this is good, but nowhere near last week's standard - the stooges are gushing a bit too much aren't they? Hang on a minute, Old Pa Goodman mentions a lift - why didn't he mention Claudia's?

Is this the last one?

Danny & Oti:-
The choreography and music were good but something about him irritates me - I like Oti though. Yes, they were brilliant - well I didn't think he was all that. As usual, Bren will have to confirm for me!

Is this fiasco with the banjo player supposed to be funny?

Right, I'll be back later to see who's out - thanks for reading!     

Edited by Andrew - 01 Oct 2016 at 20:46
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 21:12
thanks Andrew think you had it pretty spot on 
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 21:21
Succinct as ever Andrew. Think if Claudia wore less eyeliner she'd stop looking like Halloween week every week!

Very difficult to point out the best and worst at the moment. I'm liking Ed for showing he's got balls, the judge and Lou, which means they'll all be out soon!

Right off to bed. Doing as I'm told for once.

Glad you're back.

Night night. XX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 21:41
Originally posted by SueM

Succinct as ever Andrew. Think if Claudia wore less eyeliner she'd stop looking like Halloween week every week!

Very difficult to point out the best and worst at the moment. I'm liking Ed for showing he's got balls, the judge and Lou, which means they'll all be out soon!

Right off to bed. Doing as I'm told for once.

Glad you're back.

Night night. XX

Thanks Sue - there's quite a few I'm still undecided on, although I doubt I'll grow to dislike any as much as I did Andre and Screeching Jamelia last year!

Thanks to Bren as well.

Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 21:51
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 18:23
Thanks Andrew
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply