I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Week 2 Music and Dances

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Week 2 Music and Dances
    Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 19:02
  • Anastacia and Brendan will be dancing the Salsa to 'Sax' by Fleur East

• Claudia and AJ will be dancing the Waltz to 'You Light Up My Life' by Whitney Houston

• Daisy and Aljaz will be dancing the Cha Cha to 'Forget You' by Cee-Lo Green

• Danny and Oti will be dancing the Viennese Waltz to 'Never Tear Us Apart' by INXS

• Ed and Katya will be dancing the Charleston to 'The Banjo's Back in Town' by Alma Cogan

• Greg and Natalie will be dancing the Tango to 'Jump' by Van Halen

• Judge Rinder and Oksana will be dancing the American Smooth to 'Marvin Gaye' by Charlie Puth ft. Meghan Trainor

• Laura and Giovanni will be dancing the Waltz to 'If I Ain't Got You' by Alicia Keys

• Lesley and Anton will be dancing the Cha Cha to the Pussycat Dolls' version of 'Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps'

• Louise and Kevin will be dancing the Viennese Waltz to the kd lang version of 'Hallelujah'

• Melvin and Janette will be dancing the Tango to 'Moving On Up' by M People

• Naga and Pasha will be dancing the Cha Cha to 'Fool In Love' by Tina Turner

• Ore and Joanne will be dancing the Cha Cha to 'Hot Stuff' by Donna Summer

• Tameka and Gorka will be dancing the Charleston to 'Yes Sir, That's My Baby' to Firehouse Five Plus Two

• Will and Karen will be dancing the Jive to 'Rock Around The Clock' by Bill Haley & His Comets
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 19:29
I know and like quite a few of these songs.

Who's got the long / short straws Bren?
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
katiekins1867 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote katiekins1867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 19:42
What are they playing at with the Tango music this year?! Terrible last week and even worse this week by the looks of things?
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 19:51
the tango people have naff songs why oh why can't they use right ones

was not convinced on the VW ones either but had a listen on youtube as long as they are both speeded up they are ok

best music are both the Charlestons and Lesley's cha cha and Cludias waltz all the others ok except for the tangos

Hate the track Jo has been lumbered with as well
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 20:17
I hate that 'sax' song & really hate the 'Marvin Gaye' one!! Even if they don't want traditional Tango music, they could use better songs than those - they just wanted to use 'Jump' for Greg, how inventive!!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 20:59
very lazy choices aren't they maisie
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 13:01
I love the songs, but not the dances allocated to them.
Love the 'Marvin Gaye' song, and Hot Stuff- this track takes me back in time.
and 'Forget You'by Cee-lo
I love 'M People ' too, have seen them in concert. Melv and Jeanette hope won't ruin it for me!! LOL
Alma Cogan!!! does anyone under 50 have any clue??? ha..ha... (I don't know the song tho)- Poor Ed, does not bode well whatever song imo.

edit
I prefer the Tango to Tango music,don't think Rock/Pop music does it.
Cha-cha-cha, one of my favourite dances to learn /dance, but can't see Leslie and Anton doing very well, I hope she can surprise me (maybe she can watch some videos at home???
)

Edited by deborah31 - 28 Sep 2016 at 13:03
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 18:26
there ya go debs

Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 20:08
I think the Charleston might save Ed.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 19:02
Natalie's got a green dress for the tango - hope the dancing is good as they're going to have to work hard to get it looking like a tango!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 22:52
Originally posted by Bren

there ya go debs

Thanks
Didn't realised she died so young (just googled her)
My (older) cousin's childhood friend, was nicknamed Alma Cogan, I can see the likeness
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply