I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Blog Week 1 Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Blog Week 1 Saturday
    Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 20:51
Greetings everyone - once again, apologies if the blog isn't up to usual standard tonight - neither me or the wife are feeling great for some reason today - and we didn't fancy a trip into the city for a meal as planned so we ended up on the sofa again with chicken and chips and a bottle of red (or two) - healthy as always.

Here we go - the opening dance was very good and had the wife in tears - but soon enough Daly and Winklepicker are back, both with decent frocks on for the second night in a row - I must be going soft!

Once they've introduced the couples and got the tedious judges 'dances' (I use the term loosely) out of the way, it's time for the first pair,

Louise & Kevin:-
Why do we have to see them go on a ship? Kevin's choreography was very good and she was ok - I see the four stooges are already gushing - well I thought she wasn't all that. Bren will have to confirm for me!

'8's?

Melvin & Janette:-
Well they're the perfect height for each other - but she's slithering round round him at the expense of him doing any actual dancing - and is this supposed to be a cha-cha-cha? Lousy!

Daisy & Aljaz:-
The music was brilliant (both me and the wife are suckers for Nat King Cole) and the dancing and choreography were too - I'm not normally a fan of gushing but both that and the scores were well deserved!

Danny & Oti:-
I've already forgotten who he is - was he in Eastenders or something? I bet she's happy after she got that idiot boxer last year - he was very good, I admit - but surely he must have danced before?

Tameka & Gorka:-
I know I must be in a minority but I'm not a fan of her - and why is she the only one doing a Paso? Yes, I know it was great fun and I'm an old grump - as you'll know, I'm not in the best of moods!

After being treated to one of Winklepicker's 'hilarious' costumes, it's

Anastasia & Brendan:-
It was certainly wild - the footwork seemed a bit off though. I'm surprised at the comments - and a 8 from Craig?

Ed & Katya:-
He already seems stiff as an ironing board sitting talking - and I knew he'd show her the House of Commons! He wasn't as bad as I expected to be fair - although like Melvin she seemed to be doing all the work.

Claudia & AJ:-
She seems pleasant enough but somehow she reminds me of Janette Krankie - I didn't like the music or the costumes - but her dancing seemed good enough - I don't find myself having much to say about these two!

Will & Karen:-
The music wasn't great and he seemed a bit stilted - but the judges are gushing and give two eights - was Craig first to the bar this week?

Thanks for reading - hopefully you enjoyed tonight's offerings!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 22:06
great blog Andrew to answer some of your questions

1) I thought the jive routine of Louise and Kevs very clever full on 40's style (which the music was) and real proper jive steps so for that say compared to Gregs jive it deserved the 8

2) Aljaz and Daisy's waltz was lovely but 9 on a routine when her foot closes wrong in places seemed a bit high to me

3) Danny was good but think he is the most dance trainned of them all this year.  Although he was in Holyoaks he is/was primarily a west end star and was male lead in Wicked for 4 years - if Oti had put less stage steps in he would have scored far more

I too found the tango of Will a bit stilted and did not have enough proper ballroom feel for me

Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 14:36
Originally posted by Bren

great blog Andrew to answer some of your questions1) I thought the jive routine of Louise and Kevs very clever full on 40's style (which the music was) and real proper jive steps so for that say compared to Gregs jive it deserved the 82) Aljaz and Daisy's waltz was lovely but 9 on a routine when her foot closes wrong in places seemed a bit high to me3) Danny was good but think he is the most dance trainned of them all this year.  Although he was in Holyoaks he is/was primarily a west end star and was male lead in Wicked for 4 years - if Oti had put less stage steps in he would have scored far more I too found the tango of Will a bit stilted and did not have enough proper ballroom feel for me

Thanks Bren - it's great to have a professional on here to answer questions.

Some more replies would be nice!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 18:50
Just caught up with the Saturday show. Thanks Andrew. Good read as always
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 22:00
Andrew, looking for your blog from Friday, love to know what you thought of judge Rinder, he was the most entertaining in my opinion anyway lol

Edited by Tups - 26 Sep 2016 at 22:00
 Post Reply Post Reply