I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Week 1 chat thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 19:50
yeah Claudia too gimicky

abd Will too stilted in that tango
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 19:50
I felt that he was counting it at times but quite good all the same
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 19:51
was that tango or AT?
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 19:52
exactly tups was supposed to be tango
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 19:54
I think this series is going to show who can teach & choreograph, as most of the contestants look to have the potential to be decent dancers.
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 19:56
think its going to be a fun series
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 19:56
I like so many going to be great 
anniemay View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote anniemay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 20:01
Well,this series might be fun, and Ed Balls wasn`t so bad as I`d feared, now they`ve had the first dance, I look forward to next week.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 20:53
The judges seem to be being *very* kind so far - I'm not entirely sure why, as the standard doesn't seem that much better than usual to me?

The blog is up - hopefully you all enjoy it.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 21:04
Just catching up.

I actually loved Claudia and AJ's routine, dance and gymnastics, i thought the 'stopping' and started fitted in. They look like something from a High School Musical or something.
Couples I like especially are
Ore and Joanne ( I knew Len wouldn't like the start from the Off)
Greg and Natalie
Claudia and AJ
Daisy and Aljaz

First to go will be either Lesley, Melvin, or Ed I reckon (think they're the 3 oldest too, but just co-incidence as look at Pamela Stephenson from previous).

I'm never a fan of Janette's so hope they're not in long. Shouldn't she have taught him some hip-movement in 3 weeks, or maybe he is much older than he seems and can't move them?????

I enjoyed Danny and Oti too, which I didn't expect to. (I don't know which soap he's from either)
For some reason I think Tameka is now going to annoy me, along with Judge Rinder???. I hope I'm wrong. Funny watching his (Rinder's)gurning/sex face, a bit scary too, ha..ha...
I thought Naga would be better, maybe nerves?
Why are they dressing Louise so 'mumsy' ???? Maybe the one wardrobe have it in for this year.   Kev's partners do not get good frocks from wardrobe, look at last year, the East-enders lass Kellie.
Loved Anastacia and Brendan's number, altho tbh, was there enough hip action??, I did forgot about that, whilst watching it , very entertaining, loved the splits!

Meant to say never been a Will Young fan, so see if he grows on me, but not a Karen fan either, so will be a challenge to impress me.
Ed Balls- not a political or dance fan of his.

Edited by deborah31 - 25 Sep 2016 at 10:48
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 21:05
Enjoyed the last two nights and we have some decent dancers this year, think the scoring way to high for week one though
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 10:05
Having read the comments I can't wait to catch up on last eve's show. Tjought Friday looked promising. Could be a good year!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 10:50
I was just thinking , about comments re Claudia , including some gymnastic moves, which were fab-u-lous!!
Nobody complained about Louis Smith, did they?? and he went on to win with Flavia.
Plus she did it in high heels too!! Well done for that!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 11:00
Here is Louis and Flavia's week one Cna Cha loads more cha cha just a couple of tricks

Feel sorry for AJ think he was told by producers to play to her gymnastics with the olympics just finishing and he just pitched it wrong - if the gymnasics had been danced into rather than stop and start then they would have faired much better

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 11:39
ooh bit weird hands from Louis???
yep don't blame AJ, he's coming across like a nice young man.
Hope they go far in the competition.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 13:52
I loved Daisy's Waltz and isn't she stunning WITHOUT makeup.

There wasn't really a dud I thought, they all have the potential be good.

I love Will, but always have, he's such a character, so I hope he does well.

Ed did a lot better than I thought he would, I'm pleased because I hate when you just want the dance to be over. I thought Craig was a bit harsh and could have given him some positives from his dance.

I agree with whoever said the facial expressions from Rob might get annoying. I'm not all that keen on him tbh, but that's a personality issue for me and not that he's rubbish.

I like the little gymnast girl I think she's going to be great.

Every year I say it I don't like the cha cha cha. :)

Great start to the new series :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>