I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

++SPOLER++ 2016 PAIRINGS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ++SPOLER++ 2016 PAIRINGS
    Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 23:55
PLEASE DON'T POST ON ANY OTHER THREADS

JUST GETTING RID OF MOUSE OVER

BIT MORE

and bit more

Lesley & Anton
Naga & Pasha
Daisy & AljaĆŸ
Louise & Kevin
Tamika & Gorka
Claudia & AJ
Anastacia & Brendan
Laura & Giovanni
Greg & Natalie
Judge Rinder & Oksana
Danny & Oti
Melvin & Janette
Ore & Joanne
Will & Karen
Ed & Katya

Edited by Bren - 31 Aug 2016 at 23:58
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 23:57
AS I said elsewhere Neil and Chloe will do pro dances and think some ITT work
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 05:58
Thank you Bren

First thoughts... I'm sorry Lesley got Anton.
It would 've been fun to see her learn to dance with
one of the younger fellas.

Anastacia & Brendan / Laura & Gio are a surprise.
Perhaps the producers want some fireworks / romance.

Glad for Joanne, Natalie & Aljaz. Nice pairings.

Edited by Jo Bird - 01 Sep 2016 at 06:02
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 07:29
Yay, can't wait it starts
katiekins1867 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote katiekins1867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 07:46
Brendan and Anastasia?! Surely the biggest height mismatch since Ola and Andrew Castle?! Otherwise not too bad I think.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 09:05
I think the producers giggled the pairings last minute after Gio/Georgia split and put him with Laura for tabloid coverage as height wise think she would have been better with Brendan or Pasha
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 09:05
Don't really know any of these "celebs" so will have to wait until I see how they dance/get on with their pros. Don't suppose Lesley/Anton will last long but it looks like Kevin might be able to do quite well again with Louise.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 09:20
Again it's a mismatch for Brendan, it's a case of deja-vu (thinking Lulu)
I was convinced Kevin would get Lesley, think she's too small for Anton too.
I thought Daisy would go to Aljaz
I didn't know Pasha was still dancing ??
I like Naga, but not a huge fan of Pasha.
Are the older celebs always going to go with Anton (and Brendan) from now on then??

ooh got Will and Karen right.
ok, originally thought Aljaz would get Laura, I think too tall for Gio from what i've seen from photos.

Edited by deborah31 - 01 Sep 2016 at 09:24
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 11:48
i think Laura a tad too tall for Gio too - would have swapped anastacia and laura myself - think Will is wasted to be honest with Karen think he has ballroom potential and her ballroom is only marginally better than Janette's.

Read an article yesterday re Louise in which she said she wanted a pro dancer she could be comfortable with and she is prepared to work hard - think that is why they opted for Kevin - I know some places say he is due a duffer - but Louise did not deserve Anton :)

Edited by Bren - 01 Sep 2016 at 11:49
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 16:53
Yes wish Laura had Brendan, and Gio Anastacia too. I think Gio was due an older/less chance of winning partner (if you know what I mean).

I did NOT like Louise's dress, I thought it was very unflattering for her, and they could have dressed her much better. Many on social media love it, so maybe just not my taste. To me Wardrobe hated her, and didn't even bother doing anything with her hair either. Hope it improves for her.
I loved Laura's and Naga's (especially).
Hated Daisy's- think she could wear most anything, but for me, the design was wrong, could have been just as revealing styled differently and not just a belt and braces type pattern.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 16:57
Who is Gorka btw????
Paired with Tameka, who seems a bit of a character! (don't know her, but caught her for 10 minutes on loose women a week or two ago, by accident)- She does seem fun
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 17:34
I actually know Gorka as he is a dancer from Burn The Floor and was in a production with one of my pupils - he seems like a nice guy, Spanish and danced latin competitively - not sure about him for show, don't know what his ballroom experience is but he is nice enough and Tameka seems like fun so should be ok partnership

Re Louise's dress (the lilac one on red carpet show) it is a bit long and demure from front but back was low cut and much better think lazy DSI had just not cut fringing on it do not think these dresses are designed to be worn on show - Daisy's for example was Caroline Flacks charleston dress
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 17:42
Gorka dancing

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 18:25
oh, ok thanks for the video, still looks quite young to me, but then they all look like they're 20 mostly in my eyes.
Think Tameeka about 40 or so, at least seemed a maturer/confident woman on LW when i saw her, a bit similar to Lisa Riley in character- but only saw her briefly.
BTW Lisa Riley looks totally different these days if anyone seen her recently

Edited by deborah31 - 01 Sep 2016 at 18:28
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 08:46
Lisa has done incredibly well and looks great body wise though it has totally changed her face, Gorka is around 25 (Gio's age)  - AJ youngest he is 21  - makes me feel old can remember AJ's dad, Adrian,  when he was a teenager causing mayhem at comps - my dad always loved his dancing -  ahhh the memories
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 14:48
I just saw Lisa Riley - I'm shocked!

Most of the pairings seem fine to me - and I knew most of the celebrities (although neither of the soap stars, the presenter Laura or the olympian - I guess that's down to me for not tuning in for the games as much this year however).

Looking forward to joining in the fun again this year!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>