I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rio- Paralympics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rio- Paralympics
    Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 16:42
Are they starting soon?
I presume they are happening, even tho the whole Russian team has been banned I believe?
Hope it's screened on one of the channels. Did Channel 4 show them in London, I have completely forgotten. I know Adam Hills started 'The last Leg' then.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 08:28
Its usually about 2 weeks or so after the end of the Olympics.
It's quite interesting to see Australian Channel 7 advertising they will broadcast it, probably on one if there related channels, not the main one. The ABC used to broadcast it, but it didn't get a lot of publicity. The ABC had budget cuts a few years ago, so this may be the reason they are not broadcasting it.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 14:25
I'm hoping we get quite a bit on one of the main channels, altho
we do have Sky sports, unless BT get them British Telecom)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 09:00
The Paralympics start on the 7th of September. I'd thought I would look up the actual date.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 13:59
I hope calm returns to Brazil soon. I saw the news earlier showing the riots occurring post impeachment of the Brazilian president.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 17:00
I think Channel 4 have got it here (again) not sure how much coverage we will get compared to the 2012 (london- maybe why we got a lot then)
Haven't seen any recent Brazil news on the TV here, altho not seem much news in the last few days.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 22:41
ok, seen opening ceremony is here on Channel 4 Wednesday evening
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 22:49
JUst watched a couple of cycling events (2 golds for GB)
and O Hynd win the gold (400m??) swimming
and watched another GB get silver in the pool
so it's started.......
GB 2nd behind China already with 4 golds!! first day??
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 04:23
I watched the opening ceremony last night.
I always find the final torch relay more moving than the Olympics.

Australia's won 1 gold that I know of in swimming.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 14:31
Yes i saw that race last night Marge, I think Aus were 1st and 3rd, from memory.

btw off topic we have just applied for new aussie passports for the kids now they are old enuf for 10 year ones. They were £211 each here!! (i think on the aus website it was $254, and we complain here about the British ones around £75!!)
At least now they can renew if they want to in future themselves. They had to go for an interview at the Aussie Embassy in London . After Uni i think my daughter will head back there tho some
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 07:01
The exchange rate is bad. If you had to pay according to that $1=£0.54, it would cost a fortune.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 14:34
Great Britain is doing quite well, 2nd place overall. Australia rose from 11th place to 7th place today.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 14:51
We are watching daily the highlights with Adam Hills here (Australian comedian) and on channel 4   which shows all the sports.
http://paralympics.channel4.com/

He's not had any Australians on yet, but last night had the 'armless' American Archer on the programme.

Edited by deborah31 - 12 Sep 2016 at 14:52
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 17:04
Ive been really enjoying this. More so than the Olympics
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 19:57
what a great 10/11 days it has been
Watched The Last Leg every night, and the re-cap from Clare Balding too.
Altho did record quite a bit when i went to bed, and FF thru it
I watched most stuff except the Equestrian, Wheelchair rugby, Basketball, and Tennis. Enjoyed the swimming and track the best.
Love the new Kiwi star- Liam Malone.
Looking forward to him race Jonny Peacock in the Kiwi v The Peacock race, if it happens.
LOL
meant to say too, it was great he beat Oscar Pistorious' record. Spooky similar they both lost their mothers too. Altho Liam had to fund raise for his blades, as no money behind him.

Edited by deborah31 - 19 Sep 2016 at 19:59
 Post Reply Post Reply