I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show count down.....to winter and more

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show count down.....to winter and more
    Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 21:50
It's getting close now.

Sadly also reminds me winter is just around the corner tho (I hate winter, and the cold)

Also a huge change here approaching in September, daughter leaving for Uni
We'll all miss her,
My son has two year of 'A' levels- just got his GCSE results today, did better than we expected, and his own expections apart from miserably failing his English Lit (E), so we're all made up. But hard slog ahead

I have (madly) just signed on for a 3rd year of Uni, barely scraping thru my 2nd.
Hubby has just taken early retirement!! and redundancy!!

See if I still sane by the time the we are with the final 3!!

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 23:40
ha you will have to get the valium ready by the sound of it Debs - and plenty of jobs to occupy your husband!!!

Know what you mean re ~Winter - Strictly starting means count down to xmas !!!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 22:57
I'm hoping to enjoy Xmas this year, and get all my assignments out of the way before New Year! (ha.. ha.. like that will happen)
Nevermind will have SCD to keep me going.
I don't know if i will head north again then either, my sister may be out of rehabilitation (since May now)and may get home for then.

Hope we don't all go stir crazy/cabin fever here.
Was trying to convince my hubby to take his elderly father to Aus for a few weeks, as he still goes on and on, about his trips downunder, and how he should have moved there permanently. I think he could still make the trip, and it would make his year/life for one last trip. Meet up with people he knows there, and people he met when visiting. Especially in winter he doesn't fare so well, and his early dementia seems to get worse in the cold weather. If he does get flu again, he may be in bed for weeks/months (year before). Even the longer daylight hours make a huge difference.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 19:12
I love the Autumn - not just for Strictly - it's a lovely time of year.

What's your daughter going to study at Uni Deb? Think I remember you
saying she's interested in politics.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 19:52
hi Jo, yes she's been following the US mainly (apart from the Brexit)
she's signed up for Chemical Engineering at Uni of Notts.
 Post Reply Post Reply