I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bosses chase Aussie Judge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bosses chase Aussie Judge
    Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 12:25
STRICTLY'S HEL-BENT BBC bosses keen to snap up Australian Dancing with the Stars judge Helen Richey to fill Len Goodman’s shoes
After speculation dancers Anton Du Beke and Brendan Cole were hot favourites to fill the role the BBC wants to meet its age diversity targets

FROM DAN WOOTTON'S BIZARRE TV COLUMN 11th August 2016, 10:51 pm

THE search to replace Strictly judge LEN GOODMAN has moved Down Under.

I can reveal that bosses have widened their net and are keen to hold talks with Australian Dancing With The Stars judge HELEN RICHEY.

Arrivals For The TV Week Logies 2008 GETTY IMAGES - WIREIMAGE
Experience…the BBC are keen to hold talks with the Australian judge
Producers were looking at dancers ANTON DU BEKE, and BRENDAN COLE to take over from Len, when he leaves after the new series.

But execs are under pressure to interview a woman close to Len’s age to hit their diversity targets.
A source said: “Helen is known across the dancing world and highly respected.

“She’s been a judge in Australia for 12 years so is used to the cameras and has a similar calm temperament to Len.

“I know that BBC chiefs were impressed by her when she fronted out and dismissed cheat claims when they erupted on that show.”

Helen spent 27 years living in the UK competing in both Latin and ballroom dancing.

When the 71-year-old retired from the dancefloor, she became one of the world’s leading coaches and has judged national pro championships across the world.

Cha-Cha…Len Goodman has decided to leave the show after 12 years
RELATED STORIES

STRICTLY COME DATING     My friends joke I'll be flirty dancing on Strictly Come Dancing, says Laura Whitmore

CORRIE CHA CHA Ryan Thomas already the favourite to WIN Strictly Come Dancing after 'months' of hard training

IN THE RUNNING? Arlene Phillips keeps coy when asked who will replace Len Goodman on Strictly Come Dancing

BRENDAN GETS THE COLE SHOULDER     Strictly star ruled out of running to replace head judge Len Goodman - because he's too cocky

STRICTLY LEGLESS     Craig Revel Horwood's ex-boyfriend reveals the Strictly Come Dancing judge's secret alcohol torment

ONE SMALL QUICKSTEP FOR MAN     Spaceman Tim Peake is top of the Beeb's wish list for Strictly Come Dancing line-up
Her inclusion as a senior female on the judge’s shortlist would also fit the BBC’s diversity and inclusion strategy.

Last week I exclusively revealed that Brendan had been ruled out of the running because show bosses feel he is “too cocky”.

The Kiwi is less popular with older viewers and bosses were concerned he would clash with contestants and fellow judges DARCEY BUSSELL, BRUNO TONIOLI and CRAIG REVEL HORWOOD.

Len, head judge since Strictly began in 2004, is about to start his final season and is backing Anton to succeed him.

Whoever gets the job has big shoes to fill.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1596020/bbc-bosses-keen-to-snap-up-australian-dancing-with-the-stars-judge-helen-richey-to-fill-len-goodmans-shoes/

Edited by deborah31 - 13 Aug 2016 at 12:26
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 13:16
she is ok but still many who are better qualified and NOT in Oz but i do KNOW that the beeb are interviewing people for the job and Anton is NOT a certainty by any means I know of three others other than Helen so she would make 4 - at least and if Anton was such a certainty why are they interviewing ??? also all the ones being interviewed that I know of are all better in every way than Anton or Brendan
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 13:18
I would love Helen on the show. Full of charisma. Very funny.
thengp12 reality show continues
🎭💃
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 15:16
she is ok and well qualified but needs someone a bit younger she is only about a year younger than Len and why bring in someone from OZ

I am keeping my fingers crossed one of the others they have interviewed - a Brit :)
 Post Reply Post Reply