I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

three more pros announced

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: three more pros announced
    Posted: 26 July 2016 at 12:15

Three more new pro-dancers for 2016

< ="/modules/share/page" method="get">

Today we can exclusively reveal three more professional dancers will be joining the show! The all-British dancers include World Champion Neil Jones and British and European Youth Latin and Ballroom Champions, AJ Pritchard and Chloe Hewitt, who will be the youngest ever professional dancers to appear on Strictly Come Dancing!

Professional dancers already announced for the new series are Aljaz Skorjanec, Anton Du Beke, Brendan Cole, Pasha Kovalev, Kevin Clifton, Gorka Marquez, Giovanni Pernice, Karen Clifton, Joanne Clifton, Katya Jones, Janette Manrara, Natalie Lowe, Oti Mabuse and Oksana Platero.

AJ Pritchard

AJ was born in Stoke-on-Trent and is aged 21. In 2015, AJ and his dance partner Chloe Hewitt won one of the biggest championship in the world to become British Open Youth Latin Champions. That same year they also became European Youth Latin Champions. Over their nine year competitive career they have set records by becoming the National Youth Latin Champions for three years in a row from 2012 - 2014 in the two biggest British competitions and uniquely they have been champions in both the Ballroom and Latin syllabuses. When Strictly Come Dancing first started in 2004, AJ was only aged nine and he has grown up watching the series.

AJ said, “Watch out Strictly, here I come, it is going to be amazing and I feel ecstatic!”

Chloe Hewitt

Chloe is aged 20 making her the youngest ever dancer to take part in Strictly Come Dancing. Born in Chester, Chloe was aged eight when Strictly Come Dancing first aired on TV. After watching the show, she decided to take up dancing and started going to Ballroom and Latin lessons. Last year, Chloe and her fellow dance partner AJ Pritchard won one of the biggest championships in the world to become British Open Youth Latin Champions. That same year they also became European Youth Latin Champions. Over their nine year competitive career they have set records by becoming the National Youth Latin Champions for three years in a row from 2012-2014 in the two biggest British competitions.

Chloe said, “My childhood dream of being on Strictly Come Dancing is now reality! The sheer excitement is exhilarating and I cannot wait to be part of the Strictly family.”

Neil Jones

Neil is the undefeated 4-time British National Champion, and the three-time winner of the World Amateur Latin Championships with his wife Katya Jones, who also joins the show this year. In 2015, Neil and Katya were crowned World Professional Latin Showdance Champions. Neil was born in a British Army Camp in Munster, Germany and started dancing at a local ballet school at the age of three. He concentrated mainly in Ballroom and Latin, and also trained in tap, modern and ballet. He holds many titles including the UK, British, European and World Latin Champion.

"I am so thrilled to be joining the cast of Strictly Come Dancing! As a British dancer I have grown up watching this amazing show, it is a massive honour and I am feeling pumped and excited to be part of the Strictly family."

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 12:18
in line with rumours I was not surprised re Neil who is Katya's husband

from what is on the net Neil will be with a celeb and AJ ane Chloe part of the pro dance routines

AJ is son of a dancer who we know well so now 3 kids of dance friends on the show (Jo and kev being the other two)
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 12:50
Are they tall enough tho??
The first one looks so young!!
I'd like a few more 'mature' but brilliant dancers!!!
#bringbackianwaite ha.ha..
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 12:57
Iam thrilled more quality British dancers added to show and from competitive world as well

AJ and Chloe are young think they are there to be part of the pro dance routines (last year Kaya and Neil danced many of the pro routines with them going to the main part think these are their replacements for pro dance routines) AJ ane chloe dance 10 dance so added bonus

They are  a small couple of great talent but only just 20 so a bit young to have a celen I think

AJ and chloe ballroom

on Britains Got Talent

Think SCD's younger viewers will love AJ
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 22:01
They are so cute. Think everyone will like them.

I can't remember... Did they make BGT final?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply