I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 18:12
I heard on the news, they were supposedly given the unsold tickets to local children?
It seems the stadium is in a wealthy area, and there is no way to get there for people from the poorer areas too??
It was a small vt on a Brazilian Judo player (young black woman)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 11:28
Another gold for Australia in sailing. The Opals just missed getting past the quarter finals in basketball by 2 points.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 16:29
I see Australia moved upto 9th now Margi, what was their hoped for tally?
GB were trying to beat 48, which they have now done (at 50) and think have a couple more in the pipeline. I don't know if their latest gold (also for sailing) has been added yet today. (edit, no it hasnt as altho in the bag the 2 ladies have to complete the race)

We had an exciting night last night watching Jason Kenny getting his 3rd Gold of the games in cycling . It took 3 attempts before the kieron actually completed. Couldn't go to bed until 11pm, was supposed to finish around 10

Edited by deborah31 - 17 Aug 2016 at 19:33
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 23:04
Just looked up Nicola Adams, see she is in the semi finals tomorrow.
Only seems to be 4 of them left then.
The final (if she makes it) possibly on Saturday evening (date/time to be determined). Could be another medal for GB
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 16:34
Currently watching the Brownlee brother's
China caught up with GB on the golds now, so fingers crossed they'll get a gold at least between them

Edit
Yes it was a gold and silver for the Brownlees!

Edited by deborah31 - 18 Aug 2016 at 19:16
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 19:16
Another good day for Team GB
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 11:13
I'm waiting to watch Bolt in last night's race (of course he wins) on the BBC 2 replay- I think this could be his last olympics.

I think Nicola Adams (boxing) has a good chance of gold now (in the final)
Don't know if any other Gold chances left now, just Mo Farah too.

just watched it , past his peak, Bolt still beats everyone. Will miss him at Tokyo
I don't think he'll ever break the 19 seconds now. (200m)
Shame Adam Gemili didn't get the bronze.

Edited by deborah31 - 19 Aug 2016 at 11:21
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 07:01
Chloe Esposito has won Australia's first gold medal in the women's modern pentathlon. Congratulations Chloe.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 16:58
Ono. Tom Daley hasn't qualified for the final.

How on earth did that happen?!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 19:01
Watched the diving and the boxing at the cricket club
Tom wasn't diving that well today he was 15th i think, on his last dive came up from 18th I think.
Nicola did well in the boxing, I thought it was very close, was waiting to hear the decision, anyway another Gold for GB and Nicola, you can imagine she was very happy.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 09:42
Originally posted by deborah31

I'm happy with Australia's performance, but there are critics who say the our medal tally isn't good enough in comparison to previous years.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 14:18
The closing ceremony was great. I loved the bird's eye view of the Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf Mountain. The Japanese PM's Super Mario was great too. My sister only saw the part where he popped out of the tunnel on the news, do she didn't see the lead up to it that was shown in the actual ceremony.

The Tokyo Olympics will be in a very similar time zone for Australia when it's on in 4 years time.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 16:02
Originally posted by MargiABC

Originally posted by deborah31

I'm happy with Australia's performance, but there are critics who say the our medal tally isn't good enough in comparison to previous years.

I think people -myself included- tend to focus on results but the
Olympic spirit is about so much more than medals.

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 19:51
I'm afraid missed the closing ceremony too,as in Amsterdam visiting the
Museums,pubs, and doing the touristy stuff, just
Had too see who final strictly celebs were.
Really enjoyed watching all the Olympics
Will miss Bolt, Farah, Phelps, etc at Tokyo

btw the Dutch really excited about their athletes, was watching them on a TV show last night, being interviewed on RTL4 (i think). I think they had a big home coming before we got there at Amsterdam RAI
In Schipol today saw some Ukraine athletes (still in their tracksuits obviously) heading home i think via Amsterdam.
We got more caught up though (not intentionally) in the end of a couple of weeks Gay Pride/rights etc... very lively on MOnday evening in the REd light district.

Edited by deborah31 - 24 Aug 2016 at 16:23
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123