I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rio
    Posted: 21 July 2016 at 17:56
Only two weeks to go...

Is it safe for athletes to go? Will you be watching?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 22:43
love the olympics Jo and plan to watch maybe those interested could chat about it here?

not sure about safety - am worried for them all
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2016 at 07:53
I love the Olympics too Bren .

What are your fave sports? I really like diving
and gymnastics but find cycling a bit dull.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2016 at 11:11
I actually love most of it :) love the swimming and diving and gymnastics

all the athletics the tennis and dont mind the cycling

dont watch the shooting or fencing though :)
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2016 at 13:02
I'll try to catch some but may head north to visit friends and relatives in August some time.
I like the main track stuff, and the swimming.
Don't tend to watch gymnastics, or cycling really. Mainly tho, it's whatever is on when I switch on the TV
Of course I will make a big effort to watch the main events, ie 100m 200m (is Bolt going?) and Mo Farrah's events.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 05:43
Lovely to see Andy Murray carrying the flag!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 21:09
Missed the opening ceremony, as completely forgot, but think late time anyway. Thought it was another week away. Did catch the mens cycling today though when i got in from watching/helping at cricket. (if any cycling i prefer outdoor, than velodrome stuff) down some pretty steep hills, where a few came a cropper!. I don't know if a medal was expected from any GB'ers, but Froome, and another, that iforgotten the name of, came off their bikes on the last stretch.
Watched a little bit of the gymnastics (another i don't normally watch), and then just a bit of the swimming highlights. I believe the first expected swimming medal will be around 3.00am? (according to Clare B) from Adam Peaty, as he just broke a world record 100m. I won't be up for that, bit annoying the time difference, when it is behind us.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 07:45
Speaking of cycling...

Think Chris Froome was expected to win a medal saturday
and Lizzie Armistead today. Feel a bit sorry for her
after all the bad press.

Enjoyed the gymnastics... but didn't stay up to watch
it all. Looks like we might get a medal(s) there.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 20:30
just watched the end of the women's cycling, (turned tv on, it was on)
not surprised a dutch woman won tbh, they're born on a bike over there!!!
bad fall by another dutch woman.
think the swimming medal chance is tonight at 3.00am wasn't today.
have to fight for the tv, when cricket is on !! (Eng. beat Pakistan today so lead 2-1 now in the series)
spent most of yesterday at the local cricket club (washing cups, and serving teas tho,) so missed most of the action.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 10:12
Just watched the highlights, Adam Peaty and Jazz Carlin, first medals
Shame the Murray brother's are knocked out of Doubles Tennis, but Djokovic out of singles!! (Murray still in)
Did you see the look on the face of the William Sisters???? (knocked out, and they were favourites, not one bit happy)
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 12:53
Watched the diving last night. The Chinese are so good!

Sorry to see Andy & Jamie out of the doubles but at least
Andy's in with a shout for the gold in the singles.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 13:22
Great for Tom & Dan. Poor old Louis Smith.

Must be so tough when you train all those hours
and one little mistake costs the team a medal.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 22:19
I heard that Louis Smith changed his routine 10 minutes before???

I still think there are potential medals individually for some of them (gymnastics-men)

Idon't think there's been any medals since the 'shooting' guy on the tv today (bronze i think from memory, is needed back on the farm, so he has to return asap to UK/Somerset?)
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 03:39
Hi everyone. I forgot to come on to the BR for the Olympics. In Australia Ch 7 has the rights to show it and they are showing the live events on 3 of their stations.
I saw the replay of the highlights of the opening ceremony as I missed the live broadcast. I think they did very well, even with a budget cut, it was still great.

Australia was leading the medal tally for the first couple of days. Very proud of the Women's rugby 7s who won gold in the first time event. Most of the team only started in this sport a few years ago. Also 2 swimming gold and 1 shooting gold. 2 swimming bronze, 1 diving bronze and 1 archery bronze to date.

I read that Vietnam won its first ever gold medal in archery which is wonderful.

On the down side of things - An Australian swimmer accused the Chinese swimmer of being a drug cheat just as they finished the race the other day. OK the Chinese guy failed a drug test some time ago, was suspended from international competition for a time. Obviously the suspension has finished and he must be clean now until proven otherwise. The incident is causing a lot of bad feeling.
I just don't like bad sportsmanship or cheating.
Two Australian coaches were robbed the other day as well. The Australian team have now been told not to wear their official uniforms outside the Olympic village when on down time so as not to be targeted.
One of the offical Australian newspaper photographers was targeted by a gang for his equipment. They had photos from CTV footage of what happened. Luckily when he went to the media section he spotted the thief trying to get in with his equipment. Officials were checking the thief's media credentials at the security checkpoint. He was arrested and the photographer got his equipment back.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:38
I think the British team have had stuff stolen too haven't they?
I think that's the problem in a nation that has major problems/people in poverty.
I see even Clare Baldwin didn't take her wedding ring to Rio (is it diamond encrusted or something??).
I must admit when i recently went on holiday, I just wore plain rings, and didn't take any other jewellry, apart from dress stuff.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 21:50
gosh those diving budgie smugglers are mini/micro sized!! I could barely see the Union Jack..........
Anyway a 'Gold' in diving for GB, is this the first I think? (double synchronised).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>