I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brexit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brexit
    Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 18:03
I've got no idea which way to vote... Anyone got any opinions either way?
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 21:55
Want to get out!!!!!! Fed up of paying for 2 governments
Lived in Holland the first time, when England wasn't in the 'Euromarket' , no difference in working there for us, so still movable workforce.
I personally don't want to fund Turkey. If there was a vote to join 'Europe' now i wouldn't vote for it. I don't know what will happen in Europe/Germany next.   I see a new uprising in Germany, from what i hear from Germans (friends of friends) they have had enough of Angela Merkel, I can see a new right coming in.
I think we need to take a chance and come out of it.

Edited by deborah31 - 27 Mar 2016 at 21:57
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 14:46
Totally agree Deb. We're voting out this end too. All this money they say we'll lose by coming out is nonsense. We'll save a fortune on payments to the EU and can use that for our NHS, schools etc.

Agree Angel in for a tough time in Germany. She's blown it with the number of refugees she's allowed in. Already been proved some of them were IS.

Also. have you noticed a stream of adverts on the tv by reps from Africa etc asking us in the UK to help them build up their infrastructure? The ads are put out by Direct Gov which is odd as the government is telling us we'll lose out on the jobs from abroad if we come out!Perhaps thy're covering all bases in case the GBP vote for out.

Another reason I want out is the rule book out of the EU. E.g. How can they tell us we can't dredge our rivers to stop flooding?

Other countries tell the EU to get stuffed from time to time so why can't we? Also what could they do to us if we did our own thing and didn't send all the monies? Chuck us out?

I think each side should stop scaremongering and put forward facts. It was loss of chocolate for Easter eggs yesterday if we come out!
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 16:07
bit trivial , want out too, so I can buy a new vacuum cleaner over 1600 suction!!. My old Miele of about 16 years of age (which i bought 2nd hand in Holland off an American ex-pat returning) is lasting- but when it's gone, that's it -down to European standards of less suction!

Edited by deborah31 - 28 Mar 2016 at 16:13
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 16:11
Sue M, I don't think we can call them 'Easter Egg's any more tho. ?? They are now just chocolate eggs!! (don't know where that rule came from, but Easter is now missing)

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/easter-disappears-from-nestle-and-cadbury-egg-packages-1.2586118

Edited by deborah31 - 28 Mar 2016 at 16:19
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 17:52
Can't agree with you on this - I don't see many benefits from leaving the EU and the thought of Farage and that buffoon Boris' face in the event of an 'out' vote took away the minuscule chance of me voting that way!

I have a feeling it will be an 'Out' vote but here in Scotland we'll definitely vote to stay - although that might mean another referendum and independence for Scotland would be a lot worse in my opinion!

Edited by Andrew - 28 Mar 2016 at 17:54
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 18:55
Originally posted by deborah31

Sue M, I don't think we can call them 'Easter Egg's any more tho. ?? They are now just chocolate eggs!! (don't know where that rule came from, but Easter is now missing)

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/easter-disappears-from-nestle-and-cadbury-egg-packages-1.2586118

Heard that on 5 Live last night. They were discussing today's papers and it came up. The C/E Bishop said it was ridiculous and gave a historical reason for choc eggs. Hadn't heard it before but it made sense.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 18:57
Originally posted by deborah31

bit trivial , want out too, so I can buy a new vacuum cleaner over 1600 suction!!. My old Miele of about 16 years of age (which i bought 2nd hand in Holland off an American ex-pat returning) is lasting- but when it's gone, that's it -down to European standards of less suction!

Not trivial at all. Wish Brussels would butt out of telling us what we can do with our vacuum cleaners etc. Far more important things to get to grips with. Don't know what the heck we're paying their wages for.

We've got a vac over 1600 and we've dared it to blow up....like our last one.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 19:08
Originally posted by Andrew

Can't agree with you on this - I don't see many benefits from leaving the EU and the thought of Farage and that buffoon Boris' face in the event of an 'out' vote took away the minuscule chance of me voting that way!

I have a feeling it will be an 'Out' vote but here in Scotland we'll definitely vote to stay - although that might mean another referendum and independence for Scotland would be a lot worse in my opinion!

I'll give you Boris. But I do think we'd be better off out unless the EU works for the Continent rather than itself. Each country knows its strengths and weaknesses. They can't all come under one umbrella. We're all too different. But we need to start working together to stand a chance. I've friends in France, Germany, Spain and Holland all saying the same thing.

If we come out and Scotland goes independent, the EU said they would not automatically let them in to Europe. How would that work Andrew?
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 19:18
Ha ha. I'm still calling them Easter eggs
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 19:40
Originally posted by SueM

Originally posted by Andrew

I'll give you Boris. But I do think we'd be better off out unless the EU works for the Continent rather than itself. Each country knows its strengths and weaknesses. They can't all come under one umbrella. We're all too different. But we need to start working together to stand a chance. I've friends in France, Germany, Spain and Holland all saying the same thing.

If we come out and Scotland goes independent, the EU said they would not automatically let them in to Europe. How would that work Andrew?

I think being in the union is more important to me than being in the EU so if the UK voted 'out' and there was another independence referendum I'd still vote no.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 22:11
Totally agree Andrew. I love being part of a United kingdom but not the EU. It seems to have gone so off course from what it set out to be. Plus it's costing us billions that could be better spent here at home.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 12:00
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Me too. I checked the Cadbury ones made here and on the pack it states "Multiply the joy of Easter with Cadbury". Another Cadbury pk of 20 hollow eggs about 5-6cm long just has "hunting eggs" on the pack.

I remember reading an article in a magazine a while ago that Cadbury chocolate in the US is made by Hershey. Several sweet shops operated by British expats sold imported Cadbury chocolates from the UK as other expats preferred the taste of the ones from the UK. Hershey's started a lawsuit against the importers and won, but some of the smaller shops are still selling them.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 20:17
Originally posted by Jo Bird

so am I!!!,
Not keen on the hershey's /reese bars we get here, will check if they are made in US, think they are just sweeter aren't they? (more sugar??)
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2016 at 18:03
Two days to go... What do people think the result will be?

Hoping for Brexit but think Remain might just edge it.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2016 at 16:34
Very disappointed by the result My area voted 55-45 in favour of remain.

I am disappointed but I will congratulate leave - even if I didn't personally agree with them they clearly ran an effective campaign and fair play to them.

Edited by Andrew - 22 July 2016 at 23:29
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>