I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tristan Quits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tristan Quits
    Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 00:05

Strictly Come Dancing's Tristan MacManus leaves the show: 'I've realised it's not for me'

"I need something a lot different to make me happy"

‚Äč Strictly Come Dancing  star Tristan MacManus has apparently confirmed that he will not be returning to the show this year.

The Irish professional, who joined the show from  Dancing With The Stars in 2014, has previously been paired with Jennifer Gibney and Jamelia.

But he told fan site MacManiacs.org that he won't be back for the new series because Strictly Come Dancing is "not for him"

"I won't be going back," he said. "I think over the time I have been there I have realised more and more that it is not for me.

"I think the show needs someone a lot different to me... to get what they want, and I need something a lot different to make me happy and get what I want out of it."

Jamelia%20and%20Tristan%20MacManus%20on%20Strictly%20Come%20Dancing%20week%203

He added: "I think there will be a lot of changes on the show and I have enjoyed it for the most part, but right now I just need a break from it all.

"You can do whatever it is you want to do, but when you have to start doing things you don't [want to], then you have to decide if it's for you or not. You can be a dancer or you can be a dancer on a TV show, and with that comes a whole other bag.

"It can be fun, but I'd sooner leave it as it is than spend all my time complaining about it."

Jamelia%20and%20Tristan%20MacManus%20perform%20during%20Strictly%20Come%20Dancing%20Blackpool%20week

Aliona Vilani, Ola Jordan and Kristina Rihanoff have already revealed that they won't be returning to Strictly this year, while Tess Daly has teased that the show has some "exciting new talent lined up".

Strictly Come Dancing spokesperson did not comment on Tristan's apparent exit but told Digital Spy: "The new series is still six months away and the 2016 professional dancers line-up will be announced in due course."

Strictly will return later this year on BBC One.

DIGITAL SPY

Edited by Bren - 08 Mar 2016 at 00:06
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 00:07
SORRY TUPS!!!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 16:58
I liked him, but was not a fan of his dancing/choreography, altho he was out first wasn't he in his first year with 'Kathy Brown' ??(or at least early doors. Coulnd't either take to Jamelia, and /or his choreography really (so not sure what it is/was).

Edited by deborah31 - 08 Mar 2016 at 17:00
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 17:23
You could see his heart wasn't in it at times - a shame, seemed like a nice boy & was easy on the eye!

Bren, hope you have plenty of virtual tissues for Tups!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 18:11
Aww. That's sad. My guess is he doesn't want
to play the producers' silly games.

Don't blame him either.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 09:58
I remember Tristan in his competitive days and he was just as he is now a fun loving lovely person and always thought if he had put more in he would have achieved more than he did - he always appears to do just enough and no more - and got this impression on both DWTS and SCD - I think he prefers to dance (show wise) than teach

His wife is pregnant too and not UK based which I think probably played a big part of it too

Edited by Bren - 10 Mar 2016 at 09:59
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 17:24
Aww shame, I liked him ALOT.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 18:47
So did I. Easy on the eye! Good dancer.
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
 Post Reply Post Reply