I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Elections

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 15:42
Just been catching up after having a break since the end of last season and wanted to say a couple of things.
Firstly, keep your pecker up Sue! Positive thinking can do so much to aid recovery. I know that it is much easier to say than to do, but hang on in there!
Lovely to hear that you too, Bren, are beginning to feel as though things are getting better.
I think next season's Strictly might be interesting, with a number of new faces. Let's hope that they are all good dancers/teachers first and good personality/looks second. I hope the producers don't try to introduce too many new tricks in order to try and boost viewing etc. Back to basics - real dancing and fewer gimmicks is what I would like to see.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 17:37
Positive thinking on a bit of a downer just now.Not me at all. Norm quite positive! Got date today. 7th April. Got to be on ward at half seven!! I'm norm only just getting off to sleep at that time at mo.

Been told to rest and relax. Hmmm. Not doing either well.Not good at anything much. Hate being out of control!

Thanks for your thoughts S/A. Quiet at this time of year on here isn't it? Are you following US elections? Trump scaring a lot of people. I can't take the words President trump seriously. Is it a title or an order?!

Hope you're ok Bren and still getting out and about.

XXX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 18:01
Very quiet indeed! I am off to the USA for 3 weeks at the weekend - it'll be interesting to pick up the vibes over there. My worry is that we'll end up being out of the EU with "Trumpety Trump" as our only ally. Scary thoughts!
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 22:40
We could end up with Bo Jo as our PM, Putin for Russia, Trump for the US and the loony in N Korea. That would be a good time to volunteer for Mars!!!

Have a lovely 3 weeks. Let us know what the political vibes are really like. XXX
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 18:26
Hope you have a great time Salsa! Whereabouts are you going?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 21:20
Thanks Jo and Sue. Off to Memphis & Nashville then some time on the coast in South Carolina.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 12:27
Have a good time in the US Salsa.

I'm hoping Hillary makes it into the history books as the next President. She's got the brains and the credentials. It will be a scary time if Trump gets in. He might be a good business man, but what political experience does he have? Oh I know, some other politicians have this - foot in mouth disease.

We have had so many prime ministers in Australia in the last few years. An election caused one change, the rest from party back stabbing. We had from the Labour Party Kevin Rudd who won the election in 2007. He came through the next election in 2010. Julia Gillard, his deputy PM overthrew him and became PM. Kevin came back and overthrew her and became PM again, but short lived. Next election 2013 Labour out, Liberals in with Tony Abbott as PM. He was overthrown by Malcolm Turnbull who is our current PM, but for how long? Tony is itching to get the job back. Election later this year.
Media have been scrutinising Malcolm's speeches. A couple of lines he used in a serious way were from TV shows, including Scoobie Doo.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 22:26
Scooby Doo? Ye gods. We could all do better than the showers we have in for politicians.

Going to be very scary if Trump gets in. All his rhetoric is frightening. Because he's been rude to the war vets, women, the disabled and most ethnic minorities, Hillary can hopefully pick up all their votes plus the usual Democrats. I'm more interested in the US elections than our referendum and elections in May and June.

I like Hillary. Read her biography last year and found myself liking her more afterwards. Also read Bill's. An interesting person. He looks a bit ill at the moment. Gone very thin.

Right back to Martin Shaw as Dalgleish. He's getting better looking as he gets older!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 10:26
have a great time in US Salsa, Sue - it is hard waiting for an op date - easier said than done isnt it trying to relax - as you said positive thoughts may help

Well got out and about Mothers Day to see mum and may venture out Easter Sunday :) little steps

the axis of evil BoJo, Trump and Putin in power :(
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 13:22
See Trump and Cruz now trading insults about wives. Well Trump def showing his true colours! Tell me, that blob on his head isn't his real hair surely! Is it a toupee? Just can't take him seriously.

Well done for Mothers'Day Bren. Like you say small steps.

Getting a bit of a cold and snuffles. Will they still op if I have a cold? Also doc strike on day of op. Going well so far. Trying to wrap up if I go out and taking Echinacea 3 times a day. Always used to work.

Was thinking yesterday, yes that's where you saw smoke billowing out of the house, why don't they ask some of the Foxy Bingo dancers to join SCD? Would bring an air of comedy to the whole thing! They are on the beginning and end of part breaks on Jeremy Kyle. So unreal it's frightening.

Yes I'm a Kyle watcher if only to see people worse off than me, or more idiotic than me. Very entertaining on a basic no brainpower required level. Suits me just now.

Is anyone doing anything out of the ordinary for Easter? I've been told to stay in. Looking out of the window I'll do what I'm told for once.

Happy Easter everyone.

Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 17:32
Happy Easter Sue

I've got me feet up here. No brother, sisters, nephew or niece.
Unusual for a Bank Holiday... Enjoying the peace and quiet.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 03:07
Happy Easter everyone. I went to church this morning. Great service. My sisters like the 8am traditional service. I like the 10am family service so I can sleep in, but its also really modern and songs with drums, guitars and keyboards rather than an organ.
Lots of chocolate in the house, luckily it doesn't tempt me. I think I still have choccy eggs from 2 years ago. Bin time for them. My sister is sitting next to me eating a piece of rocky road Easter egg. No temptation here.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 20:46
Hi everyone - how are you all?

Been a quiet year so far for us - off to London for a week on the 4th which should be a nice enough break.

Looking forward to speaking with you all when autumn comes.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 22:06
Have a good time in the great metropolis. Whereabouts are you going?

Not too well at moment Andrew. Read back on these entries and it will tell you everything.

Sorry Bren I know you don't like bad language but I'm starting to brick it closer to April 7th it becomes. Anyone know any calming mantras I can say between then and now. Never realised I was such a coward until now. No mention of magic mushrooms et al please!!!
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 00:03
Originally posted by SueM

Have a good time in the great metropolis. Whereabouts are you going?

Not too well at moment Andrew. Read back on these entries and it will tell you everything.

Sorry Bren I know you don't like bad language but I'm starting to brick it closer to April 7th it becomes. Anyone know any calming mantras I can say between then and now. Never realised I was such a coward until now. No mention of magic mushrooms et al please!!!

Just read back - it must be terrible having a big operation like that - I hope it all goes fine for you Sue.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 00:55
Sue always poo pooed my sister when she comes up with a tea for all ails but when we were all stressed out with all that happened in the last year took her advice and regularly have herbal teas - I find chamomile particularly good for calming and raspberry leaf tea ( I get both from barrats)

you would not be normal if the thought of an op makes you nervous Sue - as for that cold as long as you do not get chesty with it should not affect your op
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>