I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Elections

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Elections
    Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 23:11
Are we all following the elections in the good old US of A? The thought of Donald Trump being in charge is positively frightening, especially now he has added the veterans and the military to his list of people he has upset during his campaign!

Do they really know who they are voting for? Can you truly trust a man whose hair changes colour daily?!
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 09:23
I'm hoping Hilary gets her chance, probably her last, and will only go the one term. It would be nice to see finally a female president. My daughter has been following them more than me, she wants any Democrat (is it Joe Biden v Hillary?? I have only been glimpsing it). There's been some funny jokes/pics going around facebook re Trump etc.. funny Canadian ones especially. I have liked Obama, although my 80 year old father-in-law says he's done nothing! He's gone grey now though hasn't he?? My daughter says there's been some funny American interviews with people on the street re the elections etc., especially in the Southern States, pro Trump. I think she's suprised at how stupid, closed minded,and ignorant some people are, and some even said 'segregation great, bring it back!) I don't think Trump should be underestimated though, I used to watch the US apprentice about 15 years ago (why i don't really like the GB version and don't watch it) Donald Trump is/was a brilliant shrewd business man on it. Even though i love Alan Sugar, he's not as good as Trump was on the US show.

Edited by deborah31 - 03 Mar 2016 at 09:28
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 09:29
It seems to take forever to choose two candidates...

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 12:27
Totally agree Jo. Stupidly long election process and ten they still get it wrong!!!

Trump great on Apprentice. I prefer him to Sugar as well. Very shrewd business man as you say. trouble is just because he's great at real estate and business will he be any good as president? He's alienated loads of groups already. Military as I said yesterday, women, LBTGs and so many more.

The southern vote is so strange. Do they actually know what he's been saying? Couldn't believe he didn't take chance to disassociate himself from KKK?

I want Mrs C to win. As you say will be good to see woman in White House and at least she knows political ropes.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 14:36
Originally posted by SueM

Totally agree Jo. Stupidly long election process and ten they still get it wrong!!!

I want Mrs C to win. As you say will be good to see woman in White House and at least she knows political ropes.

I personally think she was the brains behind Bill!
I had a chance to go to meet Bill Clinton for a dinner in Calgary (a charity evening about $200 per ticket, in approx 2000 from memory , but nobody would go with me! (of my book club friends) I wish I had gone, Whether you like him or not I think he is/was a very charismatic character. I think this is Hillary's last chance, she deserves it, put up with Bill too.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 17:56
Do you think Hilary will be able to take the pace at 68?
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 19:37
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Do you think Hilary will be able to take the pace at 68?

yes think she's a tough old bird, and age doesn't seem to have affected her in anyway (at least intellectually) that I can see.
Maybe it would have been best for her to have been in before Barack, but I think she can go 4 years. After all how old was Reagan??
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 13:00
don't want Bernie Sanders as his voice annoys me more than Hillary's!- just listened to him. How old is he too?? and how old is Trump?? Bernie looks the oldest by far!

ok, just googled it all (what happened before google!!
Bernie is 74
Hillary 68
Donald 70 in June!

Hillary gets my vote!!- and not because of age, I want a female president.

btw my daughter knows more about the US elections than the Brexit drama (of which she knows nothing- and nothing about UK politics, she will have a vote in June!! (as she is 18.5)

Edited by deborah31 - 07 Mar 2016 at 13:03
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 20:48
Donald seems more manic by the hour. As I'm not sleeping much at mo I'm listening to Radio 5 Live thro the night. Learning heaps about the US elections. Hope to high heaven Hils gets in. The democrat she's up against looks ancient.

I can't take Trump seriously with hair like his. Is it a toupee? How much onger is it til one gets over the finish line?
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 00:10
personally think they are all bad, used to like the clintons but feel there must be some truth inn all the twisty dealings they get up to, Sanders seems to live on another planet and all the republicans are scary - shake them all up in a lucky bag and not one would make a statesman

Hillary best of a poor bunch
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 12:43
Originally posted by Bren

personally think they are all bad, used to like the clintons but feel there must be some truth inn all the twisty dealings they get up to, Sanders seems to live on another planet and all the republicans are scary - shake them all up in a lucky bag and not one would make a statesman Hillary best of a poor bunch

not a big fan of any politicians really, all as bad. Always thought/heard Hillary was the brains behind Clinton, maybe he played upto this with all his other stuff going on etc...(Monica saga etc...)He was the one with the charm and charisma (imo)
The Blairs annoyed me the most, glad I didn't live in UK when he was in power. They had a lot of property dealings going on etc.., - they all have. An Acquaintance i have here, ex Labour MP, retired young for many years has several million pound properties, and on a fantastic pension (have been in a couple of said M.P. s houses). If M.P.s are not on a 'huge' salary, they are making their money elsewhere (obviously have the time and connections etc..)
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 14:10
I despair at times at those who run the country.   We think we have progressed over the centuries but it is just the same - The Percy's who controlled much of nothern england in medieval times are still there (harry and william attended the Duke of Northumberland daughters wedding last year) - as are many of the 'old nobility' still around

Borris and Cameron both descended on different lines from the Hanoverian King William IV (think they look like the florid faced people of that time :)  ) and George Osbourne or Gideon as he was christened is the eldest son of Peter Osbourne the 17th Baronet, of Ballentaylor to name just a few in the present government - who have no idea whatsoever what the average working persons life is like.  Being a scouser will never forgive Borris for his Spectator article re Hillsborough especially since it has come out that the thatcher goverment covered so much up

Edited by Bren - 09 Mar 2016 at 14:11
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 14:12
for me there is no one to vote for at the moment
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 14:47
Totally agree with you both. George O has a smarmy face that wants to make me punch it. As do IDS and David C. You're right in that they haven't got a clue about normal living.

Can't remember which one it was but one of the daft buggers proudly proclaimed he'd lived on the streets for a night so he could get an understanding of what it felt like! Absolute tosh?

For starters he would be off the streets the next day and back home in his warm comfortable bed. Secondly the TV crew accidentally showed you the two policemen guarding him. Very realistic.

I get so mad when they do this sort of thing. They'd be better using the ten empty houses in London per homeless person to help get them off the streets, give them an address and then help them back to work now they have an address. Perhaps we should all stand as MPs.

I keep getting be mails asking me if I would like to stand for UKIP?!

Off to hospital in next four weeks to have kidney out. Getting bit spooked by it all.

Have you been out Bren? Hope it went well.

XXXXXX
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 19:18
oh hope all  goes well sue, my friend had to have her kidney out last year she was so very ill before the op but is fab now and yes like you she was spooked - I am sure like Mo you will sail through it .   Went out was like getting out off jail :)

saw today an article from Canada about an empty tent city in Saudi (they use it for the Haj) with plumbing, roads, electricity and air conditioning - it can house 3 million - why oh why can they not help their fellow muslims?
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 14:58
So glad you got out Bren. You've started. You've just got to keep going. Small steps at first.

Thank you for your best wishes. They help. Still spooked and thinking what if on a daily basis. And as for this incessant need to cry.....driving me nuts. Just got pre op letter through. Next Friday. Having lunch with my other half and two friends two days later. Need a dark area of restaurant incase I start blubbering again.

Didn't know that about Saudi. That's awful. They should be ashamed of themselves. All the Saudis are doing are sitting back and watching the West pour billions in. Why are we allowing this to happen? We seem loath here to challenge the wealthy middle East. Oil seems to come to mind. Disgusting.

Changing subject Have you seen Aliona's newspaper interview? Says pro dancers worked too hard for too little pay on SCD.

Edited by SueM - 11 Mar 2016 at 15:02
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>