I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tim Wonnacott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tim Wonnacott
    Posted: 09 June 2016 at 19:52
Is Tim still around, caught the very end of his usual show, and there was a young Scottish woman hosting (not the usual older scottish lady who sometimes is the auctioneer of a /this programme) . Her name was Natasha Raskin (or similar from memory), as waited for the credits to come u.

edit.
Ok just read the posts previously (deja-vu here!!). Tim's no longer doing it then, but had no clue who this woman was?? and he must have a lot of old recycled shows, as whenever i switch on bbc, he's been on Bargain Hunt!

Edited by deborah31 - 09 June 2016 at 19:56
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 14:40
Thanks flower. Doing my best but not succeeding very well! Keep worrying they'll find more or won't come round from op. Stupid or what! I am a logical, supposedly intelligent woman. Don't know where that woman's gone.

At least it's giving us all something to write about until SCD comes back.

Have a good weekend petal. XXX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 23:42
Stage 1 is what mine was classed as too, it means it is within the same area i'e hasn't spread at all. That means yours has been caught really early.

Try and relax, I know it's hard, but your doc sounds great. X
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 20:52
Good for you. Really happy for you.

My doc called me today just to see how I was doing. Bless her. Said she was phoning as a friend not my doc. Calmed me down a bit. Said it was contained, stage 1 and I would be fine. Told her I would still be bricking it til next Thursday and she said she fully understood. She'd see me the following week!

Going out for lunch Sunday. That'll help calm me a bit.

Have a good weekend. XXX
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 20:49
I had an op in July 2012 where they removed it all. It hadn't broken through the first layer of skin so I needed no further treatment. I had a year of quarterly checkups then I have one a year. So far all good. I used to worry all the time about every little niggle, but I dont so much as it's almost 4 years.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Our docs are amazing.

X
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 14:35
CT scan showed there are 2 lesions in left kidney but it hasn't spread so fingers crossed for 7th. 3 hours seems to be a long time in surgery but as long as his mind doesn't wander.....!

What happened to your melanoma? Has it gone? Scary for you too, esp with a 3 months old child. Hope everything ok/well now. XXX
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 10:09
It's scary, it's that bloody word isn't it? I was diagnosed with melanoma in 2012 when dd was 3 months old. Scariest months, years etc. I still worry about it now, but not so much as the years have gone on.

Your doctor sounds very positive, which is what you need. I assume Ct scan was good news. X

Try and take it easy, I know it's difficult though. X
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 18:42
Not too well if I'm honest. In a bit of shock. Thought it was IBS. Doc checked me for that and ovarian cancer and ultrasound found kidney cancer in left kidney. Got to have it out on 7th April. I'm bricking it here. Bren has forgiven the use of language. Had 2 major ops before and not felt like this. Even asked consultant doing op if he'd killed anyone on the table! Poor guy. He said no!!

Just trying to do what I've been told to do and rest. Not even doing that well!

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll stop depressing you now.

XXX
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 17:27
Oh Sue, how are you doing?
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 14:14
How goes it Bren? Did you manage to get out this week? Hope so but also hope it didn't distress you too much.

Got phone call Thursday asking me if I'd like a canc appt at my hosp. Said yes immed as my mind was and is putting me thro heaps. Saw a lovelly consultant who confirmed it is kidney cancer. Burst in to tears again. Doing it at drop of a hat at mo. Having CT scan on Monday then he wants to do a full removal of left kidney thro keyhole. Very positive man. Says he's calling it cured afterwards not 'to be controlled. Said I will no be around for a long time to come. I asked him if he was any good and he said he is only consultant doing this op in Europe so I conceded he could have a go on me. Will prob be in next few weeks. Hope CT scan doesn't show up anything else. My mind everywhere. I hate being out of control! XXX
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 22:38
Thank Jo. Doing my best but failing dismally I'm afraid. Just want to get a move on and have CT scan. Not feeling too positive. I'm great keeping other people's pecker up but useless with my own.

Absolutely love Meatloaf. Zachary Throne's Jim Steinman is spot on. When you look him up there are very few bands he's not played with in real life. W Earl Brown makes a great Meat.

I have an eclectic musical taste from classical through to rock. My cd collection has every genre in it from jazz thro to some heavy rock via Abba and Fleetwood Mac. Floyd and Led Zep also in there. No hope really.

Keeping my brain occupied sorting out house, in between Art Therapy and computer games. Been told to rest. Not something I do well when I'm told I have to.

Have a good week all. Bren - good luck venturing out into the outside world. Like I said before - one step at a time. XXX
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 21:52

Meatloaf film very good. Think you'll enjoy it. Didn't have you as a Meat admirer!

Love Meatloaf, loved his album first time around, couldn't afford to buy it then ,so a school friend (head boy) taped it for me, kept that tape forever! Like Jim Steinman too, I have seen the Steve Steinman the meat loaf story at the norwich royal, had tickets to go again last March, but it was cancelled last minute (band member had an accident) so hope to see it when it tours again.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 17:58
Bren & Sue. Wishing you both better health in 2016. XXX
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 00:22
<,meat tribute was good, just got in, worse for wear, will look up film!
have seen the real 'meatloaf' but was good, good night
xox
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 23:36
Good luck to you as well Bren. Looking at kidney cancer with me. Found a lump in left kidney while looking for something else. Never felt so out of control in my life. Not a good feeling. Hopefully know more in next 2 weeks.

Take it easy when you go out. Little and often rather than marathon walks! Teaching you to suck eggs. Sorry. Thinking of you. Not surprised your body saying enough is enough after your 2015

Meatloaf film very good. Think you'll enjoy it. Didn't have you as a Meat admirer!

Take good care. XXX
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 22:10
hope your test results are good Sue will keep my fingers crossed for you

thinnk the stress of last year ( besides by nephew, dad and brother passing we also lost two cousins and an uncle) catching up with me - few health issues of my own now and basically been housebound since december so climbing the walls hope to venture out next week

have made a note of that film
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>