I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > News and Views
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alan Rickman- PIP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alan Rickman- PIP
    Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 23:41
As for David Bowie another British great - can honestly not think of a track of his I do not like 
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 23:39
one of my fave british actors of recent times a truly great actor who resisted becoming a Hollywood luvvie and took only the parts he wanted to do and believed in - my fave film was Robin prince of thieves when he absolutely stole the film from Costner - and who can forget his superb villan in the original Die Hard.   RIP you will be missec
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 22:53
yes, wish i'd gone to see him in a play or something, just heard too that Celine Dion's husband died today too, age 73, but he's been ill for a long time, on and off hasn't he?
He was very good in HP films, I think I have only watched 2 or 3, like the books only ready about the first 3 or 4 i think, then the novelty wore off, they got darker as they went on. (first 2 films are good tho from memory)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 19:52
Lost 2 of my favourite people now. David B and Alan R. Both too young. I absolutely loved him Truly, Madly, Deeply. very well acted and as for his Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves...so funny! Stole the film for me. He was very versatile and as you say Debs, very private. Never heard anything about him in gossip columns. A refreshing change from the reality 'stars' of today.

Cancer is getting so common today. Awful. I've just been to doc's today for blood tests for cancer. He says he's just dotting i's and crossing ts but it's going to be a long week until next Thursday.

Never watched a HP film but heard he was excellent in them.

RIP Alan Rickman. Yur films have given me hours of pleasure. I'll miss you.
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 15:54
Sadly just heard the news.
An actor i admired, would of loved to have seen him on Strictly in the last decade, but probably never in need of a job, or the money, plus someone I see as a private man (like the late David Bowie ) can't see it ever having any chance of being in SCD
Loved him in Truly ,Madly Deeply, as well as 'Snape' of course in the HP films. Must confess don't know much about him privately, but that's good isn't it.
- not like the latest reality people- who drive me nuts and I pay no attention to whatsoever)
Alan Rickman RIP!

(oops should be Alan Rickman RIP, accidently posted before i finished typing!!

Edited by deborah31 - 14 Jan 2016 at 15:57
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply