I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aliona quits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 13:08
I can take or leave Aliona - but always thought she would quit this year especially if she won as she really dislikes training celebs with less ability

think they will bring in a couple of female pros this year, Jo was still part off show as the opening titles showed a male celeb dropped out at last minute which caused the switch around - she will be back next year have no doubt (unless she is doing other things)  I know of two pros who have been asked to audition in April though these are both male
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 18:42
Hope gio is back.
mikehope91 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote mikehope91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 13:01
I found the way she couldn't hide how unhappy she was with Greg last year pretty appalling; I loved Jay but couldn't deal with Aliona. I wonder if Anton will become a judge next year - bye bye Len?
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 16:44
Originally posted by mikehope91

I found the way she couldn't hide how unhappy she was with Greg last year pretty appalling

I know. That was unacceptable. Quite surprised she got another year.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Daisybaby View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Daisybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 18:22
Didn't like Aliona at first but she has grown on me and for someone who doesn't like training celebs she has been really successful at it! Others have had good celebs, but not got them to the final never mind winning the glitter ball.

Don't want Joanne back - don't like the way she treated Scott last year and the gurning is too much

I think the show needs a Clifton cull!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 19:00
Originally posted by Daisybaby

Don't want Joanne back - don't like the way she treated Scott last year

Could you elaborate? I thought Joanne coped rather well with a duffer.

No disrespect to Aliona... but Harry & Jay would have won with or without her.
The advantage of being young, male and likeable on a show like SCD.

Edited by Jo Bird - 28 Dec 2015 at 19:08
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 11:03
I'd rather have Len as a judge than Anton! Aliona wasn't my fav by far (hubby's fav) I was happy that either Jay or Georgia won tho. I couldn't take to Kelly really, not sure why, despite her really coming into her own the last couple of weeks.
I too wasn't that happy with how Aliona appeared with Greg on the TV last year. I thought Joanne handled Scott really well, considering the zero dancing skills and ability/potential he showed- just my opinion.

Edited by deborah31 - 29 Dec 2015 at 11:05
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 21:00
Originally posted by Jo Bird

True, but she was great with both of them.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 13:30
Aliona's great -I love her choreo - but she's been lucky to have three potantial winners in seven years.
Not sure if any other pro has been so fortunate except Pasha but it's harder for a female celebrity to win.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 21:20
Here is Aliona with Matt Cutler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96SksLMEIZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTY1weFvO74

I don't remember any of these, but must of seen them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEn7Gao4JXI and this with the late Amy Winehouse backing singing to Dionne Bronfield.

Edited by deborah31 - 31 Dec 2015 at 21:23
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Daisybaby View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Daisybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 22:46

Sone, such as Kevin have got to the final with good partners, but not got them over the finish line. Others have had good partners but didn't get them that far - a mixture of reasons I guess - largely down to relationship, public buy in choreography and teaching. My point was in response to someone saying Aliona doesn't like teaching her partners, when clearly three finals and two wins mean that for someone who doesn't like it, she is good at it.

Scott was a duffer but Joanne resorted to making him look like a fool - he has made reference to this.

All of the pros have had partners the obviously don't like - I recall Lillia ( who I really liked) could not hide her feelings about Dom, Karen(Gary), Brendan (Lulu), Ola (Iwan) James ( the first one he had don't remember her name but he was horrid to her). I don't thinks it's a good thing but just making the point that Aliona isn't the only one.
Daisybaby View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Daisybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 22:56

Aliona's great -I love her choreo - but she's been lucky to have three potantial winners in seven years.
Not sure if any other pro has been so fortunate except Pasha but it's harder for a female celebrity to win.

Six out of thirteen winners have been females - seems to even out over time.

Kevin has had 3 (2) good partners the three years a no win yet!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 23:50

Scott was a duffer but Joanne resorted to making him look like a fool - he has made reference to this.

I don't think it was Joanne's idea to do silly routines.
The producers like a comedy turn and chose Scott for the role.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 23:57

That's a good point Daisy. It has evened out hasn't it...

However I think there's a difference between good and popular.
Kevin's had good partners; Aliona's had good and popular partners.

It's hard to beat popular however good you are. What do you think?

Edited by Jo Bird - 01 Jan 2016 at 00:00
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 04:49
Even I didn't lke 'Dom' - Aliona's partner, and wasn't keen on Ewan this year (Ola's) but as professional dancers on live TV, the pro dancers should just get on with it. Not a fan of Lulu (and Brendan among one of my fav.s)- It must of been a struggle for him, as they obviously (imo) had no rapport.   I think Natalie always gets the best out of her partners, whatever level/dance/potential they have.
Daisybaby View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Daisybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 10:42

That's a good point Daisy. It has evened out hasn't it...

However I think there's a difference between good and popular.
Kevin's had good partners; Aliona's had good and popular partners.

It's hard to beat popular however good you are. What do you think?

Hi Jo Bird

Not sure whether you mean popular before the competition or popularity built during the competition. There is a difference as the latter is achieved by drawing the audience in to the partnership and the dances and the pro plays a big part in this.

But that is part of the point I am making. Kevin has had good partners and I really liked Frankie (and I like Kevin) but I've never bought into his partnerships - which I think links strongly to popularity in the competition and making people want to vote.

I was not aware of Jay before the competition and was largely indifferent to Aliona so they didn't start off being popular with me. In fact I was disappointed for him because he got Aliona. But I quickly found their partnership interesting and that for me was reflected in their dances, their dances drew me and moved me. I think Aliona did a good job working with Jay and I'm not sure someone like Janette would have got the same result. The post I was replying to said Aliona did not like teaching her partners, my point was for someone who doesn't like it she has done very well. This dislike of teaching has not impacted on her results.

I started off really liking KK and Kellie was one of my favourites in week 1. But that dwindled for me - partly because most of their dances felt like musical theatre and though performed very well out to the audience they did not draw me in or have any impact on me. So I did not become invested in them or was tempted to vote for them.

Popularity in the competition can be built through a good partnership winning hearts and minds and affecting people through dance - my point is that though he has had 3 good partners Kevin has not managed to do this, Aliona has ( though I didn't care who won in Harry's year).

if popularity before the competition was the main reason for winning Mark Ramprakash would not have won - his fan base would have been lower than Baby Spice going into the competition. PA was the bookies fav before the start because of his 'perceived' popularity.

I really didn't think I would enjoy SCD this year because Peter Andre irritates me so much - but it just goes to show that you never came tell!. My New Years resolution is to see more dancing live which is a direct result of being so drawn in this year

Happy new year

Edited by Daisybaby - 01 Jan 2016 at 12:38
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>