I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Final!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Final!
    Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 22:26
Hooray – the final blog of the year!

It’s not been an easy week – the wife and me have been in town every day buying Christmas presents – I *hate* Christmas shopping in town, where it’s absolutely packed and my claustrophobia gets bad – the worst case so far has been in some ‘beauty’ shop which my sister recommended for her daughter – the queue was out the door and packed full of teenage girls – by the time we got to the till I was sweating!

We’ve still got some more presents to get – and we’ll have to get them by Monday – they won’t get there in time after then! The wife and me always try and fork out on each other – I’ve bought her a necklace and perfume, no clue what she’s bought me!

Anyway, back on the show, and I’m so glad it’ll be over soon enough – I was very tempted to crack open a bottle of champagne during the show, but I probably won’t be sober by the end – knowing how little it takes to get me drunk. I’ll try and limit myself to one or two glasses.

Finally, we’re on – the show opens with some montage of the finalists looking miserable and worn out - a bit like how I feel during this show!

What is this? Ah, it's some group dance featuring the losing couples - with zero personalities among them except for Ainsley, Jeremy and Carol!

After that reminder of how lacklustre this year's celebrities have been, they're finally bringing on Daly and Winklepicker - oh, get on, get on - what's with all this unnecessary tension - it's obvious Jay is going to win!

Jay & Aliona:-
Or not - the judges have picked their Quickstep for them to do again - wasn't that the one he messed up? It still doesn't matter if he makes the same mistake this time though - he'll still get no lower than '9'! From what I saw, the dance looked ok, but not amazing - Old Pa Goodman seems to agree, same with Bruno - I'm not some conspiracy theorist, but this must be someway to get the 'Wanted' fan girls voting even harder!

Goodness me - Old Ma Berry reading out the terms & conditions with Winklepicker!

Georgia & Giovanni:-
I hope they don't stiff them with one of their worst ones like they did to Jay! Noooooo, they've got the Rumba - which Old Pa Goodman criticised heavily last time and had lots of faffing about! Luckily, they seem to be changing it - well, it was certainly sensual, and there was a lot more Rumba, but she seemed to struggle a bit - still enjoyed it though!

Kellie & Kevin:-
Rats, they've been given their first ever dance - which I think is unfair - and I'm not overly keen on it, I'm afraid - Kellie danced it well, but not too struck on the music and, unusually for Kevin, the choreography - the dancing seemed good though! The judges certainly liked it more than me - I'll be miffed if this gets '40' when their divine American smooth didn't! Blimey, it does!

Katie & Anton:-
How on earth is she still here after how badly she danced last week? She's dancing a Quickstep - oh dear, she messed up with the hat - I know I shouldn't, but I did (childishly) giggle a bit! The rest of the dance seemed clumsy and gappy (if that's a word) - in all seriousness, I feel quite sorry for poor old Katie - it must be frustrating to mess up in the final!

We have a 'reminder' of the previous routines before the next round, which is the Showdance - no rules in this dance, so if Anita & Gleb were still here it wouldn't look very different from most of their dances!

Jay & Aliona:-
I thought they'd wait until the last round before the tedious 'journey' vts came in - clearly not! It failed to majorly excite me - the music didn't help. Still surprised they got an '8' though - I thought they wouldn't go any lower than '9'!

More 'emotional' vts - not exactly putting me in an 'excited' mood for the rest of the show! Well I am excited for at least one thing - the whole thing will be over soon! Hopefully this will be better than Jay's - goodness me, she's blindfolded! I did really like this - it was certainly very passionate and while it maybe didn't 'wow' that much, it was still divine, and I think I may vote for them!

I thought it deserved at least one ten, Bren will have to confirm for me!

Kellie & Kevin:-
This seems like it could be great - and it certainly is - what a showstopper! Me and the wife even clapped from the sofa, and joined in towards the end - the judges are giving some deserved gushing and - woohoo, 10's across the board, hooray!

Katie & Anton:-
I'm starting to fear they'll get through to the last round at the expense of Georgia - they better bliddy not! Well, it was certainly lively, but the music overpowered everything - and did he nearly drop her like a hot potato at the end?

Right, that's the first show done - the wife's voting for Kellie and I'll vote for Georgia - I know mine will hardly make a difference (and since the Beeb never publish the voting figures, who's to say it isn't all fixed anyway), but I couldn't stand to see her eliminated over Katie!

As we go into the final round, my predictions are as follows:-

Jay will win, even if he stumbles about like a bear and falls over ten times – simply because the amount of ‘fangirls’ who would vote for him will be too hard for any of the others to overcome.

Kellie will come second – yes, she’s been in two dance offs, but her stunning showdance will surely be enough to get her in the second round.

Third place (if they bother to reveal it, unlike the last two years) will probably be Georgia – I’d love her to come second or even win, but the TPTB aren’t really pushing her very much so I fear she may be forgotten about and may even come fourth!

I do think Katie will be the first out – she was in the dance off last week and normally in the final the worst dancer on the night is the first out. But there’ll probably be a considerate amount of 80-year-old Anton fans frantically noting down the number to vote and doing it non-stop until the lines close – so they may push Georgia into fourth!

Anyway, we’ve just ordered a large margarita pizza – I *think* it comes back on at 9pm.

-

After enjoying a lovely pizza, fireworks started banging outside - the young couple a few doors down were presumably letting some spare ones off, very annoyingly. Martha (our cat) was frantically meowing and running about the house, knocking things over - another quiet Christmas in our household!

We're now here to see Jay win - wait, that's not in the script yet, Andrew, you silly sod!

Winklepicker seems to be wearing a rolled up carpet for the final final, while Daly is dressed as a ghost.

After going over all the dances for about the 45th time, they're now about to boot one couple off, and it better not be Georgia or Kellie! I still have a fear it may be Georgia - luckily, no - the army of grannies voting for Katie clearly didn't succeed - she's out.

After a montage, we're onto the last dances (hooray!) and the first one is from Jay & Aliona:-
Why on earth are they doing their paso doble which I can barely remember and not their jive, which even I could admit was fantastic? I'm afraid I just find him dull, but credit where it's due, he danced very well.

Fantastic, the charleston - it was this or their amazing sarmba. I loved it the first time round and I loved it even more this time - me and the wife had a go ourselves, and it showed one thing - I doubt I'd get to the final if I went on this show! It better get 10's across the board - and hooray, it does!

And finally, it's Kellie & Kevin:-
I remember really liking this the first time round as well, and it was loads of fun and excellently danced - a great one to finish the series on!

Wow, that's the last dance! It'll all be over in about 10 minutes, I presume - hang on a minute, the TV guide says it still has half-an-hour to go! They're dragging it out a bit aren't they - well, they do that every year! If it wasn't for the tedious vts and endless montages the whole final could be wrapped up in an hour and a half!

Off to vote now - I wouldn't mind either of Kellie or Georgia winning, although it's pretty obvious Jay will - I think I'll throw in two online votes for Georgia and one for Kellie - just because I think Kellie has a bigger chance of winning and I like them both - the wife says she'll do the opposite - it's free though, so we're making the most of it!

There's now a montage of the GP saying how wonderful the show is - they clearly didn't include the probably considerable amount of people who told them to eff off!

Ellie Goulding is performing one of my wife's favourite songs, which means I have to endure her singing along - let's just say Martha would do a better job!

Now we have a video of the booted off contestants - that idiot boxer and Jamelia are still annoying, Daniel O'Botox's face still doesn't move, Peter is still more dull than dust, Kirsty is still nervous, Jeremy is still adorable, Helen is still one of my favorites this series (even if no one else liked her), Ainsley is also still one of my favourites, Carol is also still lovely, and Anita is still quite dull - who have I left out?

Ah, it's poor old Iwan - don't remind me of his heroically bad dancing! It's now the group dance with all the booted off bunch - which is a complete train wreck, as predicted.

A plug for the Christmas show - I'll probably watch it with the wife after Christmas dinner - although by that time I'll be so full I'll be unable to move!

Blimey, now they're interviewing the booted off bunch - they've just been in a video, can't they just announce the winner? Ah, this'll be it - no, we've got to hear the four stooges blathering on their annual 'best series ever' speech!

I think they're about to announce it now - and to the surprise of absolutely no one, Jay is the winner!

Well, that's that then - I'd like to wish everyone here a merry Christmas and a happy new year, thank everyone who's followed or commented on the blog - it's been hard at times, but on the whole it's been fantastic fun and I'm very grateful for how lovely you all are about it - hopefully I'll see you next year!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 22:49
thanks for the blog Andrew, should do what we do here, shop on xmas eve!! shops are dead!! we go out about 3pm, buy all our food too from M&S !! get some good deals on food. If you see us Xmas Day, or Boxing day, you will get a present!- we tend to treat ourselves to shows or trips in the year, as the two old farts we are, we don't need anything really, buy it when something runs out/gives up/breaks down etc...

Edited by deborah31 - 19 Dec 2015 at 22:51
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 23:45
Interesting blog. I was happy with the winner, but then I would have been happy with Georgia or Kellie too. :)

Have a fab Christmas.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 13:12
Chuckled all the way thru Andrew. I love the way you and your wife 'join in' the
best dances. It's been great fun to read your blog this year. Thank you.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 21:55
Where am I going to get my weekly update on the Andrew and Mrs Andrew household?! I'll miss you. Thank you for all your blogging. It's been brilliant and cheered me up no end. Loved it.

Daly and Winklepicker need your feedback. Perhaps you could be costumier next series. Bin bags out. Classy in.

I wanted the GG team and am still gutted at the winner. Still, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

A very merry Xmas to you and yours. A Happy 2016. See you back here for the next series. BFN.
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Jakkij View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Jakkij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 20:09
Thanks so much for your entertaining blog. I look forward each week to reading the goings on in your household as well as your unique view on the show.
JJ
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 20:17
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Chuckled all the way thru Andrew. I love the way you and your wife 'join in' the
best dances. It's been great fun to read your blog this year. Thank you.

Thanks Jo - us 'joining in' nearly always ends in me making of myself and the wife cackling like the wicked witch of the west!

Originally posted by SueM

Where am I going to get my weekly update on the Andrew and Mrs Andrew household?! I'll miss you. Thank you for all your blogging. It's been brilliant and cheered me up no end. Loved it.

Daly and Winklepicker need your feedback. Perhaps you could be costumier next series. Bin bags out. Classy in.

I wanted the GG team and am still gutted at the winner. Still, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

A very merry Xmas to you and yours. A Happy 2016. See you back here for the next series. BFN.

Haha - I could certainly do a better job for Daly and Winklepicker than whoever chooses their dresses!

I'll try and pop into the forum at least once a week and leave the odd musing about how we're all doing - and I think I'll blog the christmas special on Friday!

Thanks also to Deborah and Eviesmum - have a great christmas!

Edited by Andrew - 21 Dec 2015 at 20:17
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 21:50
Thanks Andrew.. like Bren, you can put your feet up now for a few months.. hope you and the Mrs have a lovely Christmas and New Year x
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 22:21
Thanks Andrew love your blog always manages to put a smile on my face 😄 now I just need to get my husband to try out the dances like you and Mrs A 😂
Pan
 Post Reply Post Reply