I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Strictly Frocks
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An apology

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An apology
    Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 09:43
Folks I must apologise for the total lack of frock spot this year. 

In October my husband finally agreed to speak to his GP about a number of symptoms that he has had for a while. The diagnosis is Parkinsons Disease and we have both been trying to come to terms with this and what the future might hold.  To say that I haven't felt the love for the sparkly stuff this year is an understatement.

My Husband always worried that, having given up dancing for him, I would one day feel resentful towards him for that.  He even gets twitchy if he see's me looking at old dancing clips on You Tube, so I haven't been watching this year because now more than ever, this will worry him to the point of paranoia. 

This isn't a pity post and I'm not a saint, I am struggling with the certainty that I will become his full time carer one day and I find myself feeling resentful towards the dancing world and the alternative life I could have had, had I not left it.  I'm sure these feelings will go away, but I'm having a hard enough time coming to terms with my own feelings about the path we are heading down, without having to soothe Hubby's anxieties about my love for dancing.  I do still love it, and would hate to lose that. I even hope to return to a dance class one day, but that's a long way off. 

I have had a great time in the Blue Room. It's by far the best place to discuss Strictly and eveyone here is lovely, which is why I have posted this.  I don't normally speak about private things in public places, however I thought you deserved to know the reason for my absence.

Enjoy the final and the Christmas special. Happy Christmas to you all and I hope you all have a wonderful 2016.

Thess - over and out x

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 12:03
I'm so sorry Thess. Completely understand. Best wishes to you and your husband xx
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 14:04
Oh Thess - I'm really sorry to hear that. As Jo said, best wishes.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 18:00
aww no need to apologise J - I knew things may be difficult for you  - Am sending you my best wishes and hope things improve for you in the New Year - will keep in contact via FB  Brenxxx
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 20:57
Aww thess, I did wonder why there was no posts this year.

We totally understand so there is no need to apologise.

Best wishes to you and your husband.
 Post Reply Post Reply