I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Semi Finals Blog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Semi Finals Blog
    Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 23:18
Hooray – it’s nearly all over!

Me and the wife have just finished putting up all the decorations on the Christmas tree again – our cat Martha knocked it over earlier and managed to cut her paw nastily on a smashed bauble, the poor thing – resulting in a trip to the vets. Luckily, she’s ok – she’s eating her dinner right now – but it’s not exactly put the wife and me in a sparkling mood for tonight’s show.

Anyway, the show’s kicking off – and drat, I forgot they were doing two dances each this week! Here come Daly and Winklepicker – Daly in bacofoil and Winklepicker wearing a one-shouldered black binbag.

They’re getting the first couple on and it’s Katie & Anton:-

Charleston – I see they’re wheeling out the ‘support’ messages from the GP – I wonder how much they were paid? Hells bells, this certainly isn’t ‘hot’, as the song says – and the four stooges seem to agree with me! Taxi for Katie!

Waltz – The ice covering her feet wasn’t even subtle – and she seemed like a wobbly jelly throughout it – although at least it was a proper Waltz. Craig Revel Horrid and Dreary liked it – but the other two didn’t – she looks pi$$ed off! They’re perched at the rear of the leaderboard – deservedly so – hurry up Katie, the taxi driver is waiting!

Jay & Aliona:-

Viennese Waltz – As much as I find him an insufferable bore, I must admit I liked their Rhumba last week – but not this, it’s all a bit dull! The judges aren’t gushing as much as I’d have thought – surely they’d be encouraging all the fangirls to vote for him! I better distract myself – poor old Jay’s putting me to sleep!

Charleston – Now this is what I like to see! Me and the wife got up and had a go ourselves – which resulted in me slipping over and falling right on my ar$e – the wife cackled like the wicked which of the west as she continued flapping about. I do like the Charleston when it’s done well – and this was brilliant!

Georgia & Giovanni:-

Cha-Cha-Cha – What a shame she got ill – I would’ve loved to see an Argentine Tango from them! This was good – very good in fact – bouncy and fun. But they were very unfairly in the dance off last week and I fear it won’t be enough to get them through! The stooges marked higher than I thought after the comments – still might not be enough!

Viennese Waltz – Well this was divine – the music, dress and dance! I’m definitely going to vote for them – a lot! Very pleased they got a 10 – but I still fear they’ll be doomed tonight because TPTB don’t seem interested at all in pushing them, and of course the dance off last week!

Anita & Gleb:-

Foxtrot – Is she dancing a Foxtrot or some Showdance? Far too much faffing about – the music was good (I do like Frank Sinatra), but that was about it. She’s only slightly less dull than Jay, and he nearly put me to sleep earlier – not a high benchmark! No doubt it’ll get gushed over – actually no, it gets a fair bit of criticism and low-ish marks – except for the 9 from Bruno, you plonker!

Salsa – Yawn – this’ll be another one of their showdances. I’m not wrong – the music didn’t seem very salsa-like and neither did the dance – I can’t stand Gleb’s choreography – it rarely resembles the dance it’s supposed to. 8’s across the board – goodness me!

Kellie & Kevin:-

Rumba – I thought it was beautiful – the dress, the music and the dance! It was my favourite of the first round – but the stooges are damning it with faint praise – I do wish they’d replace a few of them! Still, a good score, and top of the leaderboard!

American Smooth – I love the American smooth – and I loved this one – divine music, divine costumes, and, especially divine dancing – the dance of the night! I can’t wait for the show to end, so I can watch it again – and me and the wife can have a go, which we forgot to do the first time because we were so mesmerised. I think I’ll spend a couple of quid voting for Georgia and them – which I never usually do! Hooray – three 10’s!

Apologies if the blog wasn’t as good as usual tonight – it’s been a stressful day and after only six dances last week to recap ten feels like a lot more. Also apologies for the lateness of the blog – I felt a bit tired during the show so instead of writing a rough copy of the blog as I watch, I just took a few notes and finished it off later.

See you next week for the final!

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 23:35
good read Andrew and as good as ever 
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 23:47
No apologies needed Andrew - was spot on! Poor cat - hope she heals quickly & the vet bill isn't too huge!!
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 23:51
Originally posted by Maisie

No apologies needed Andrew - was spot on! Poor cat - hope she heals quickly & the vet bill isn't too huge!!

Thanks Maisie - got my fingers crossed!
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 21:40
Thanks Andrew summed up to a T
Pan
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 07:37
Thanks Andrew Chuckling over Tess & Claudia
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 07:38
Great blog Andrew.

What is it with cats and Christmas trees?
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 20:29
Great read Andrew. Claudia's dresses are awful. Tess always seems to get the better of the two.

How's the cat? We had to tie our tree to the wall lights every year. Our half Siamese would fling herself from the dining table to the tree and hung there, yowling, as it fell down the first time. Quick trip to B&Q soon had it fixed well to wall. Are yours the same Eviesmum?

Our new 2 just go for baubles on lower branches so we've had to move them all up a bit.

I think we should all meet for an end of SCD season party at yours. Sounds brilliant fun! Have a good week. XXX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 22:08
Originally posted by SueM

Great read Andrew. Claudia's dresses are awful. Tess always seems to get the better of the two.

How's the cat? We had to tie our tree to the wall lights every year. Our half Siamese would fling herself from the dining table to the tree and hung there, yowling, as it fell down the first time. Quick trip to B&Q soon had it fixed well to wall. Are yours the same Eviesmum?

Our new 2 just go for baubles on lower branches so we've had to move them all up a bit.

I think we should all meet for an end of SCD season party at yours. Sounds brilliant fun! Have a good week. XXX

Sorry for the late reply Sue, only just seen this - she's fine - but even an injury hasn't stopped her knocking over the christmas tree once more!

That would be lovely! It's been a stressful week, what with that and christmas shopping.

As always, thanks everyone for your lovely comments - they're much appreciated!

Edited by Andrew - 18 Dec 2015 at 22:09
 Post Reply Post Reply