I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Quarter Finals Blog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Quarter Finals Blog
    Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 20:14
Welcome to tonight's installment - and only an hour long show tonight! I was terrified they'd throw in an extra dance or another one of those 'a-thons' just to pi$$ me off.

Right, we're on - good god, they're over dramatizing this a bit aren't they? I know we're down to the final six - I'd rather it was over completely!

I did enjoy the opening dance - but crap, here comes Daly and Winklepicker - it could be worse, Old Pa Forsyth could still be the presenter! Oh, I forgot - it's 'musicals week' tonight - there'll no doubt be even more pointless props and faffing about than usual! Yes, I know I'm an old Scrooge - but after a day full of going out in the freezing (even with a very thick jacket) cold getting the neighbours Christmas presents out of the way I'm not really in the mood for Strictly!

Oh, yay - the first couple is Georgia & Giovanni:-
I do adore this dance when it's done well - and I thought this was beautifully danced and lovely to watch, although even after watching this show since the start I don't know much about all the technical stuff - but the judges seem to be nitpicking them - except for Revel-Horrid - who's hair seems to resemble a hedgehog - and surprisingly Dreary. There's a lady singing the voting terms & conditions in 'musical' style - I will admit I did chuckle at that.

Anita & Gleb:-
She's ok, but quite dull, and he's an arrogant git - they're visiting the Tower of London, I wish they'd lock him in there! They're doing the Argentine Tango - one of my favourites, as I've said before - and this seemed like an odd one - she was stiff as an old crutch and I didn't like his choreography. The judges weren't fans of it either, except for Old Pa Goodman - a taxi might have to be called for Anita!

Kellie & Kevin:-
I was disappointed to see them in the bottom two with Andre - but hopefully she'll avoid it this week - she is one of my favourites to watch. The Viennese Waltz is another nice, calm dance I like - and a lot of the dance consisted of pointless faffing about with backing dancers - I doubt this was Kevin's idea! Even so, I'll let it pass and say I still very much enjoyed it as a performance - and the theme - and the judges seemed to gush so hopefully they'll stay in!

Jay & Aliona:-
Sh!t, they're dancing a Rumba - and hells bells, they're getting help from that Keating guy from the dreadful Westlife - at least Jay might've found someone more dull than him! Yes, I begrudgingly admit it was good - very good in fact - if only he could have this much personality when he's off the floor!

Katie & Anton:-
Even if they're one of my least favourites', and she's smug and he's a berk, did enjoy their Argentine Tango last week - Foxtrot tonight, and I enjoyed this as well, apart from the faffing about at the start - I fear there might be something wrong with me! And there's only one dance left - woohoo!

Helen & Aljaz:-
I looooooved their Viennese Waltz last week, but I'm not sure she'll be able to pull off a Paso Doble - hopefully she'll prove me wrong! Mixed feelings on this - it all seemed a bit frantic - it wasn't bad at all though. The scores seemed about right to me - Bren will have to confirm!

The shorter running time meant I enjoyed tonight's show a lot more than usual - still wasn't a fan of the pointless props or backing dancers though!

Thanks for reading - I'll be back later to see who got booted off!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 21:32
agree with all that Andrew - good read as usual

Re Helen thought it was one of her weakest dances for me good as a performance but not as a paso
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 06:00
Thanks Andrew
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 11:56
Thanks Andrew. Having only just watched the show, personally, didn't like Anita and Gleb, awful AT to terrible music. I love the song, but really for an AT?

What part of K & K's dance was a VW? I liked it but it wasn't a VW in my very limited knowledge.

Liked Jay and Aliona and G&G and (still shocked about bottom 2)

Didn't like the Paso, but its again because Helen looks like she can't bend her legs properly and she wobbled about all over the place.

Edited by Eviesmum - 06 Dec 2015 at 17:57
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 21:14
Thanks for all your lovely comments!
 Post Reply Post Reply