I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Week 11 music and dances

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Week 11 music and dances
    Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 19:33
  • Anita & Gleb will dance the Argentine Tango to ‘Cell Block Tango’ from Chicago.
  • Georgia & Giovanni will Foxtrot to ‘Beauty & The Beast’ from the show of the same name.
  • Helen & Aljaz perform the Paso Doble to  ‘At The End Of The Day’ from Les Miserables.
  • Jay & Aliona are going to Rumba to  ‘Falling Slowly’ from Once.
  • Katie & Anton are dancing the Foxtrot to ‘Maybe This Time’ from Cabaret.
  • And finally Kellie & Kevin are performing the Viennese Waltz to ‘Oom Pah Pah’ from Oliver.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 19:35
not concerned re oom pah pah music for kellie and it is vw signature and think they will use theme well

Les Mis paso could be a bit meh

the others ok but not great - Anita has ballroom tango music for AT not sure how it will work
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 19:43
DS going into raptures over Antons music which is a good track as it is but not a classic foxtrot and before they count their 10's before they are given Katie has a stiff hold which will show in this dance - feel Georgia's ballroom hold is better
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 19:58
Is Anita's music more of a Tango? (Holly & Artem).

I think Team GG and Team KK music will suit them...
but I guess it means Kellie will wear cut offs again.

Not sure how well Helen will Paso or Jay Rumba.

So that just leaves Katie...

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 21:05
I hope Aliona has Jay moving & not just standing there with her dancing round him. Can't imagine Helen selling the Paso but hopefully I'm wrong. Kellie should have a better dress as Nancy? I want them all to do well this week - could do with really enjoying the whole show for a change!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 21:38
was just going to say that too Maisie re I hope its a good show and honestly from music we just cannot predict it think absolutely anyone could go so should make it interesting if nothing else
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 22:12
I agree with you, Jo, re Jay and Helen. I have a feeling that the judges might use this week as a chance to boost Anton and Katie.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 07:50
I think so too Salsa.

If Katie & Geo take the top spots and Jay & Anita are popular...
it puts Kellie & Helen in danger. Perhaps Helen to go?

Edited by Jo Bird - 02 Dec 2015 at 07:52
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 09:39
haha do you think BBC will recycle one of these for Kellie :) though on past weeks these are better :))  arrangement of song not too bad on this either

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 12:43
aww had a look through dad's old dance LP's at the studio today as I knew we had oom pah pah as a VW and found it on an old BBC Come Dancing LP by Sydney Thompson so here ya go a fairly decent VW :)

if only Dave Arch would play it similar

Edited by Bren - 02 Dec 2015 at 12:45
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 15:23
right as only 6 of them will put my dance head on and put what I think of this weeks pick

1)  anita and gleb - AT not a great fan of AT myself, much prefer ballroom one - but for me to create the right feel and atmosphere  it has to have at least the right music - whilst I have no doubt it will be dramatic (maybe over so) will it work to ballroom tango style music? will be interesting to see how they play it

2)  Helen and Aljaz - Paso a dance of strength and great lines - shame about the music I absolutely do not like non spanish music for this dance. The music they have is dramatic and if Helen can draw on her acting skills she may pull it off - I feel it has the danger of being a bit weak - diffficult dance for her

3)   Georgia and Giovanni Foxtrot to Beauty and the Beast.  Feel that this could be a great dance for her if she can sort her shoulder lifting problem out - music is not perfect foxtrot but it is cutesy and with the theme etc could be right down her street.

4)  Jay and Aliona.   Nice music but not an obvious rumba just a slow track.  Whilst Aliona is more than capable of picking a rumba out  of it she must avoid going down the contemporary route - (even with Jay dancing contemporary at college) - it will alienate Len for one - if Aliona does a good Rumba routine with Jay actually moving could be a good dance for them

5)  Katie and Anton.   The music is a good song but not out and out foxtrot, for me Katie has not danced one dance this year without error (most not picked up) last week she kicked Anton twice without comment.  If she does it clean and gets topline right will score well

6)  Kellie and Kevin.  Everyone online seems to dislike the music choice etc but not me I do not mind it.   Last week Helen performed a lovely dreamy VW (if a bit too slow) and scored well if Kellie and Kev had come out this week and performed a 'straight' one it would have been compared directly with last week by the viewers.   With this choice they have a very recognisable tune and a very distinctive theme which will fit Kellie well.  Strictly seems to think VW are slow most of the time - it is known as the fast waltz (if you listen to Strauss his waltzes are not slow) and the signature of this tune is fine for VW.

Last year Frankie and Kev did a good VW to What's New Pussycat which was also jaunty like oom pah pah

So all in all no obvious bottom two and the Semis are anyones to take

Edited by Bren - 02 Dec 2015 at 15:25
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 09:49
so anyone any guesses for bottom 2?

mine (find it hard to predict) any 2 from Kellie, Anita and helen
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 10:30
Very hard to predict bottom this week. If you are right with the bottom 3, Bren, I think Anita will go if she is in the dance off with either of the others - just because I don't thin her technique is as good. If it is Helen and Kellie in DO I would like to think Kellie's technique would save her, especially as Helen didn't seem to have much self confidence about Paso on ITT last night. However, think it is very much up in the air and the final 2 will come down to judges scores on the night.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 10:46
exactly as I see it salsa judges will be key on the night -should be good show as really is very tight on who gets through
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 12:06
Thanks for the clips Bren.

Hopeful now for a nice dress for Kellie   

So important that the judges play fair this week...

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 12:44
well its going to be long judging by her wearing a long ankle length skirt to practice wooo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>