I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Blog Week 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Blog Week 10
    Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 20:21
Greetings, everyone - not long 'til the whole thing's over!

Me and the wife are sat with chicken and vegetable soup as the show comes on - we both have nasty colds and I was seriously considering abandoning the show for a nap, but the wife didn't want to watch it on her own so I eventually gave in.

Here come Daly and Winklepicker - the vacuous pair - and the four stooges, a.k.a the judges - oh hurry up and get the first couple on! They soon enough do, and it's Kellie & Kevin:-
I thought their dance at Blackpool was stunning - let's hope they do well with the Salsa! What the hell? Why are there text messages up on the screen - is this an attempt to appear 'cool' and 'trendy' to the youngsters? I thought the dance itself was very, very good - and judges seem to agree - if only they wouldn't nitpick over the lifts! Oh shut up, Winklepicker - am I the only one that can't stand her joking around when saying the 'voting lines aren't open yet' after the scores? Get it over with!

Katie & Anton:-
The Argentine tango, one of my favourite dances - it better be done well! No doubt it'll be badly choreographed and badly danced! Actually, no, the music is brilliant and I liked the choreography and the dancing - hells bells! Why is Revil-Horrid spouting a beard - is he doing panto?

Helen & Aljaz:-
I thought it was exquisite - lovely music, lovely choreography and she also danced it very well - and for once, the judges agree with me - hooray, three tens! I must be going soft - three positive 'couple overviews' in a row - and you'd think I'd be even grumpier with my cold!

Jay & Aliona:-
As dull as I find him, I did enjoy his dance last week - maybe there'll be four dances I really enjoy in a row - it seems not, there was far too much faffing around from the pair of them - surprise, surprise, it's getting gushed over! He's very, very boring, have I ever said that before? Out of this year's lackluster line-up of 'stars', only that idiot boxer and Iwan Thomas contest him in terms of dullness!

Peter & Janette:-
With all the stir this week of 'Jamelia woz robbed', I still haven't decided which one I dislike more - Screeching Jamelia or 'Humble' Andre! Can't they have sent them both home? Anyway, onto the dance - which was cheesy to the brim - the judges are gushing less than I expected, clearly being careful after last week's 'fix' allegations.

Anita & Gleb:-
Over at the pink palace this pair seem to have an army wailing if they don't get universal praise - I dared to say their dance last week didn't have enough content and was attacked by several of the group - that's why I don't post much there these days! The dance seemed like a load of wafting about and are those lifts allowed? No doubt it'll get passed over - ooh - Old Pa Goodman mentions the lack of content and lift - it's a rarity!

Yay, the final couple - and it's Georgia & Giovanni:-
My current favourites along with Kellie & Kevin - saving the best 'til last! It wasn't very good music for a Paso - but it was energetic and dynamic - good performance, but the relatively low scores worry me - I hope they're heading for the chop!

Hooray, the show's over - wait a minute, what is this? Drat, I forgot - they're doing an 'a-thon!' And it's a Quickstep one - are they trying to get a couple into casualty?

Oh, get on with it - finally, they're on and from my amateur eye, Helen was the best while Peter seemed to struggle - and indeed, they come last. Kellie, sixth? I thought they were at least second or third! Maybe I was wrong - the dancers on here will have to tell me!

Finally, the show is over - I know the blog wasn't very funny this week, but I'm wrapped with the wife under a blanket, tablet on lap (to write a rough copy of the blog as I watch, then put in smilies and other stuff after the show) and sneezing every few minutes - I'm not really in the 'Strictly' mood!

I'll be back later to see who's got booted out - it better not be one of my favourites!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 20:25
hope you are better soon

quickstepathon jay,kevin,helen for me very fixed imo
Pandora\'s Box View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Pandora\'s Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 20:26
Thanks Andrew, get well soon
Pan
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Online
  Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 20:39
Thanks Andrew - what is the pink palace??
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 20:48
Originally posted by Maisie

Thanks Andrew - what is the pink palace??

Digital spy forums!
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Online
  Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 20:53
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 22:03
Get well soon both. We are also under duvet but porridge on the menu here. Echinaechia (?) not working. Absolutely blowing a gale down here. Running out of tissues.

Loved GG, KA and Helen tonight. Don't like Helen but liked dance.

Can't work out what Claudia was wearing. Awful. Her outfits been mainly bad this season.

Going back under duvet. Freezing. Take care both. XXX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 01:40
get well soon Sue
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 12:37
Get well soon Andrew & Sue.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 15:34
Thanks Bren and Jo. Echinaechia not working. Usually does tho I started taking it a bit late this time.

Are there any blogs for I'm a Celeb? Need to vent spleen at Lady C!

Have a good week all. XXX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 18:07
Thanks all for your comments, and get well Sue!
 Post Reply Post Reply