I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Blog Week 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Blog Week 7
    Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 20:04
Greetings all - in a grumpy mood again tonight because the couple next door decided to put off a huge amount of fireworks in the middle of the day - scaring our cat Martha who ran around the house wildly, not failing to knock over several items in the process. The poor thing is only just settled.

Last week's Halloween show was so lackluster, surely tonight's can't be any worse?

Here comes Daly and Winklepicker - and the pointless judges 'intros' - oh hurry up, just get the first couple on!

Finally, someone's dancing, and - rats, it's Peter & Janette:-
I'm bored of the pair of them - oh dear Andre, you 'mirror' an amoeba! I suppose it was ok, but I couldn't stand the gurning - shut up Andre, I'm not the mood for one of your speeches - oh wait, I never am!

The judges are gushing, surprise surprise - bet they nitpick my favourites to death!

Blimey - two tens! I'm not a dancer by any means, but surely it wasn't that good?

Jamelia & Tristan:-
Well at least they're getting my least favourites out of the way first! It looks like Tristan is dragging around a broomstick - and did she go into that guitar? So Old Pa Goodman will 'pickle his walnuts' if she's in the dunce-off again this week - he might later come to regret that! I reckon she'll still end up there - I won't miss her!

Carol & Pasha:-
I felt sorry for the poor lass last week - for her sake, I hope she's better! Well, it still wasn't great, but it seemed better and the music didn't seem to suit the dance well. She must be a very calm person - I would've decked Revel-Horrid and Irritant Bruno in the face (particularly hard in Bruno's case) long before now!

Helen & Aljaz:-
Finally, someone good - although she might struggle at the Rumba. Well, I enjoyed it as usual, but there seems to be a distinct lack of Rumba in it - Old Pa Goodman did comment on it, wish he'd do that on every dance!

Jay & Aliona:-
Why are they giving the first Argentine Tango to such a dull person? Yes, I do find him quite boring, why do you ask? Ok, ok - he danced it well, I admit - but it all felt soulless to me. Did the wind change direction when he was out and his face is now frozen as a result? Or maybe he's been reading the 'Dreary Bussell Guide To Acting'?

Katie & Anton:-
I bet TPTB have planned a 'comeback' for her this week - I was wrong, it seems - she's made a heap of mistakes - I thought she'd be quite good at this dance! The judges will probably still gush though - wrong again! I do wish The Berk would shut up - just take the criticism, you smug git!

Anita & Gleb:-
Wheeling out not just one kid, but a whole class of them - very subtle! Good music, but the dance was ruined by that stupid press up thing in the middle - just dance the bliddy Jive! It was enjoyable, I admit - but she's full of herself and I can't stand him either!

Right, off to put some chips in the microwave and make a sandwich for the wife so will miss this pair - oh wait, it's Kellie & Kevin - I'll do it later! I do hope they're back to their best this week - Waltz, should be good! Can't stand her frock though - or his get up - it spoilt an otherwise wonderful dance. Sorry for getting into gushing mode - I fully admit I can be slightly biased!

What's wrong with Winklepicker - I don't know if she was putting it on but if she was I certainly didn't find it funny!

I think I'll make the sandwich and heat the chips after the show - it's Jeremy & Karen:- Bless him, celebrating the four from Craig! As always, it wasn't perfect - but again, as always it made me smile and I'd be genuinely sad if he left this week. Hooray for Tim Vine cheering him on in the audience - hopefully he'll do it next year! Clearly Bruno ran the quickest to the green room bar earlier - only that would explain his even more irritating than usual behaviour!

Yay - it's the last one, finally - and it's Georgia & Giovanni:-
I loved their dance last week so let's hope they can keep the high standard up! Hooray for this - a proper, excellently danced Samba - me and the wife even got up and had a go ourselves! Well, the judges are gushing, but not as much as for that boring old fool Andre's Charleston earlier - I thought it was much better! I think I'll throw them a vote, maybe Jeremy and Kellie too!

In all honesty, I did enjoy tonight's show more than any this series - although that's not a very high threshold - but there were some brilliant dances and the Samba was definitely my favourite of the series!

See you all later - hope you enjoyed tonight's offerings!
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 20:13
Nicely written Andrew as ever.

Your neighbours are an interesting bunch. BBQs, fireworks during the day.

Go and cook your chips! XXX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 20:16
Originally posted by SueM

Nicely written Andrew as ever.

Your neighbours are an interesting bunch. BBQs, fireworks during the day.

Go and cook your chips! XXX

Tell me about it Off to do it now!
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 02:37
good read as always agree KK's routine spoilt by outfits and that samba my fave dance so far
Newfymum View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Newfymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 02:39
Super as ever Andrew! Had me lol several times. Thank you!
Life is too short to worry what other people think - be true to yourself always.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 19:02
Chuckling as usual. Thanks Andrew
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
SliverOfDiamond View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote SliverOfDiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 21:34
Thank you Andrew, I'm 'watching' Strictly via your blog posts. They're far more entertaining than the programme.
 Post Reply Post Reply