I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Andrew's Strictly Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Blog Week 6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Blog Week 6
    Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 14:52
As stated in another thread - sorry for the lateness - was dragged along to a Halloween party! The party was full of screaming little kids and moody teenagers, and we also went 'trick or treating' with them - it was freezing cold so me and the wife watched Strictly wrapped up in blankets.

I won't do a full blog this week, I'll do more of a 'summery' instead!

Katie & Anton:-
I couldn't stop laughing seeing him in his mask. It had all the soul of a plank of wood - lousy!

Kirsty & Brendan:-
Is this some Lady Gaga 'remix' they're gurning around to? Poor Kirsty - as much as she tries, that was dreadful - full props to Brendan for having the nerve to argue with the eejit judges though!

Jeremy & Karen:-
Well, it made me laugh - the Zombie theme suited him well.

Anita & Gleb:-
Is this some theatre production? The costumes made me think so. I thought it was a Waltz - why are they doing so much faffing about? I found it dull and lifeless - yawn!

Jamelia & Tristan:-
Well it was certainly frantic, I'll give her that - but she's a lousy dancer and he looks like he's losing the will to live a bit more every week.

Jay & Aliona:-
So she's little red riding hood and he's the wolf? Does that mean a woodcutter will get rid of him? It appears not - and while he's clearly good, when he comes off the dancefloor he's not the most exciting person in the world, is he?

Kellie & Kevin:-
My favourites after Ainsley sadly left last week - let's hope they can keep the high standard up this week. Disappointingly it seems not - I hated the theme and the dancing didn't seem as good to me - never mind, I shouldn't have had such high expectations!

Carol & Pasha:-
The Rumba - poor Carol, and hells bells - poor Carol indeed! I was cringing the whole way through - well, at least she...tried very hard.

Georgia & Giovanni:-
It was very good once they got going - my favourites of the night. I'm slowly warming to the pair as well - they might even become my new favourites!

Peter & Janette:-
Yawn - better get the wife to make sure I don't fall asleep. I have to say though, the ghost theme was good - he's as lifeless as one anyway!

Helen & Aljaz:-
It seemed to get poor reception on here, and while it didn't look like much of a Samba to me - I did enjoy it and she isn't so much of a bot anymore.

All in all, I found it a lousy show - let's hope next week will be better! Thanks for reading!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 15:24
i found it lousy too!! and i was looking forward to the show.
My fav team is G&G, enjoy watching Jeremy.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 16:28
agree lousy show

KK did not stand a chance being foisted with that theme, music and table

like GG and Giovanni is a properly trained dancer (he went to same champion school as Joanne in Italy) so expect him to teach proper routines unlike some of the other pros

Helen's samba was so overmarked
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 16:51
Thanks Andrew. I don't watch Halloween (not too keen)...
but it's nice to have a summary so I know what's happened.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 17:31
Brief as your blog was this week Andrew, it was far more entertaining than the show itself!
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 17:44
Thanks for all your lovely comments!
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 20:03
Another piece of fantastic literature Andrew. Didn't watch the show, but reading your blog makes me glad I missed it!See you next week.
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
SliverOfDiamond View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote SliverOfDiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 20:09
Thank you so much Andrew, I guess I'm not going to watch anything this week either.

I've watched a sum total of one dance so far this series, Jay's jive. It doesn't seem to be the most stellar of series this time.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 14:05
I can't stand the way Helen dances.
 Post Reply Post Reply