I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Week 5 chat thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 20:18
fair play to Kevin Clifton.. not a dancer to touch him.. would love to see him live
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 20:19
tups I have a plan for that if my health improves if ya up for it :)
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 20:21
defo hun!!!!
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 20:26
Saved the best two for last this week!!, how old is Kellie, she got stamina for an old girl.
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 20:37
Tonight's blog is now up! Will read through the thread later.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 21:02
enjoyed this evening, started on catch-up, so too late to vote again

In trouble tonight could be any of the bottom half of the leader board I think.

My favourites tonight were Georgia/Gio, and Jay/Aliona

I really enjoy Katie, thought even if she didn't do the hips, she really went for it. Much better than Anton, ha..ha.. - what was he doing in the dance anyway?? no comments re his lack of Salsa btw!!

I think Jamelia was overmarked, and also Kirsty- loved her dress.

Ainsley was entertaining, but sadly lacking obvious jive i thought.
He and Jeremy could be at risk tonight, and so too Carol, who wasn't good either I thought.

Interesting to see who's in the dance off later.

(I am btw enjoying Jeremy and Ainsley, who are having a great time on the show)

Edited by deborah31 - 24 Oct 2015 at 21:04
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 21:12
Originally posted by Bren

papers say she is unpopular backstage and is fussy with wardrobe I noticed tonight Karen has been swapped to dress meant for her so maybe she did not like the original

Kristina saying in the paper (Sun, so must be true!) she is lovely!, and Kristina saying it, so again must be true!

edit, just catching up on chat thread here

Edited by deborah31 - 24 Oct 2015 at 21:13
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 10:01
Morning all

Highlights for me were Georgia's Salsa & Helen's QS.
Not perfect I know... but very enjoyable dances.

(I don't believe the rumours about Helen).

I didn't like Kellie's Jive or Jay's Paso either.
(The music for both was just all wrong).

Peter's rumba wasn't too bad for a fella.

Loved Ainsley's Jive.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 10:16
I am sure the papers exaggerate re Helen - but just something the way Vicky  talked about Helens dress that I think she is pretty demanding - the fact Helen got Karens dress sort of confirms it for me

Funny how people view dances so differently looking round the net for me I liked Jays Paso but thought the music awful and Aliona played it a little too safe after last week

As a dance teacher absolutely appreciated having a 'proper ' full on comp jive on the show just a shame re the music but Kellie is technically so good - also think they seem to be back of the queue for decent outfits

Georgia was good for what she did for me and I love Giovanni they did a great disco hustle  (mainly cos of the awful music) but it was no salsa

Helen's routine was good but the mistakes she made (which judges chose to ignore) spoilt it but was worthy of it's score

Peter's dance barely had rumba in it for me and some of the choreography made me cringe - dont know how Janette gets away with it and for instance Giovanni the other week did not
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 10:16
oh and I loved Ainsley
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 10:21
Anita was ok but can't explain why I just didn't like it think it is I'm not keen on either of them :) and I have no words for Anton - just so so bad

if I| had been judging dance off I would have chose Jamelia to go
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 11:42
Well spotted Bren. I forgot Vicky showed Helen's dress on ITT.

I prefer the short full skirts for the QS and the long ones for the Waltz.

Would love to know why they swapped them.

Edited by Jo Bird - 25 Oct 2015 at 11:42
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 13:28
Noticed Helen's dress was very well padded in the boob area as when you see her in training she flat chested.  See the young Georgia already had a boob job, why a petite, slender small boned person wants false boobs stuck on the front I'll never know.  Janette was saying in paper she recently had boob job too, at least hers a bit more in proportion for her height and build.
Maisie View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Maisie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 13:37
Bruno made nasty comments about Jeremy's expression but Helen's was much worse! She looked to me like she was extremely uncomfortable throughout & it spoilt the whole dance for me - had me on edge.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 13:46
My fav dances of the night were Georgio and Giovanni, Anita and Gleb, and Jay /Aliona.
I'm not taking into account whether of not they were actually Salsa/Paso or whatever, just for performance and enjoyment of watching them. I'm not a fan of Gleb from what I've seen of him/how he comes across, but so far I've enjoyed his and Anita's performances. I have no problem with her either. I presume also she's had no dance experience (maybe with an exposure to Bollywood tho??)
For some reason I didn't like Kevina and Kellie's Jive, It seemed too rushed and hectic to me, didn't enjoy watching it. Not a fan of this pairing, don't know why, must be Kellie I think.

btw I love Katie,think she could of been great with another partner in Latin. So enjoy watching her, just ignore her partner!

Edited by deborah31 - 25 Oct 2015 at 13:48
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678