I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bake Off

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bake Off
    Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 18:15
Is anyone watching the Bake Off?

I was sorry to see Marie go this week.
She's made far less mistakes than some others.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 16:54
So happy it's back. Thought the flat pack Ikea gingerbread house different last week.

Marie shouldn't have gone. Agree with you Jo. Other deserved that accolade more than her.
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 14:15
Hey Sue.

At least the right person went this week. Not a good bread sculpture.

I really like Tamal and Flora... and wasn't Paul's lion amazing!   
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 14:39
I haven't really followed this, (sometimes watch the show in FF 30 in 10 mins, as not a fan of any of the presenters)but I always think why is a baking show, showing in Summer?? to me it always sounds a winter programme.
and don't they cook in a big tent, when it's always as hot outside, as it is inside???
bit confused here?
(you know I only have a kitchen cos it came with my house!!)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 19:25
I think it's shown in summer because it's filmed in spring.
Might be a little bit chilly in the tent in the autumn.

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 13:05
I did see the result last night, but won't say who goes (in case u didn't watch it yet) , i just watch the end result of what they have baked, FF thru the rest. I like Tamal, from what i have seen in last night and previous (altho not good brulee's)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 23:11
with everything that has happened have only seen the odd one but love this show
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 18:18
Half way thru... Hoping Tamal will be star baker this week.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 23:06
Just watched 'the extra slice' very funny.
My fav German comedian (not two words that go together often!) Henning Wehn was on.
Sandy was hilarious, she should have her own show!!!!- she's funnier than those two women co-hosting (still haven't figured why are they on??) it

edit.
Love the outakes from Bake-off, very funny.

Edited by deborah31 - 30 Aug 2015 at 23:08
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 12:36
Poor Sandy had a bad week didn't she...
Glad she can laugh about it.

I would've given star baker to Tamal for a change.
Great brulee, fair in technical and amazing cheescake.

Think it will be a fella who wins this year.

SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 16:12
Originally posted by deborah31

Just watched 'the extra slice' very funny.
My fav German comedian (not two words that go together often!) Henning Wehn was on.
Sandy was hilarious, she should have her own show!!!!- she's funnier than those two women co-hosting (still haven't figured why are they on??) it

edit.
Love the outakes from Bake-off, very funny.

I absolutely love Henning, whatever he's on. A German who can laugh at himself, and anything the presenter of whatever show he's on throws at him. He was on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown last week. Don't think I could do the German version even with my A'Level German!!He did brilliantly in the maths rounds.

Like you Deb don't normally put the words German and humour together - think I've seen too much of old Angela Merkel recently on the box - but he's proved me wrong.
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 18:03
Flora dodged a bullet there. Hope she pulls her socks up.

Nice to see Judy Murray on Extra Slice. She loves cake.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 12:38
Best four in the semis (imo).
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 21:32
just caught up with extra slice from last week, very funny.
it was the fireman (matt?)that left last week, two cook/chefs maybe, and david baddiel.
surprised to see david baddiel trying the meat (pork/bacon) pie? Isn't he Jewish???
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 21:17
I saw the Xtra slice, very funny again , caught up with it Saturday a.m. with gogglebox (ha..ha.. couple with disguises!!)

Flora left i see, but read Nancy (last years winner) thought it should of been Ian that left!! (in the weekend newspapers)
Andrew View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 19:40
I *try* to like this, I really do, but just can't get into it - I like Old Ma Berry but not a fan of that washed out smuggins Hollywood who puts me off greatly.

Nadiya to win for me!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>