I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing with the Stars 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aussie DWTS 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aussie DWTS 2015
    Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 21:08
Originally posted by MargiABC

Oh no, I woke up to some terrible news this morning.
Dancing with the Stars in Australia has been axed. After 12 years it's kaput.
I knew that it probably wouldn't be on this year as the channel that has the rights to DWTS also broadcast the Olympics, so I thought they would rest it for a year and it was too late this year to do the series.
Maybe we have run out of credible celebrities, or they went over their budget. This is the same channel that axed its production of A Place to Call Home 2 years ago. Not happy.

oh no!!!
Maybe some pro dancers will come over to UK next year??
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 04:11
Oh no, I woke up to some terrible news this morning.
Dancing with the Stars in Australia has been axed. After 12 years it's kaput.
I knew that it probably wouldn't be on this year as the channel that has the rights to DWTS also broadcast the Olympics, so I thought they would rest it for a year and it was too late this year to do the series.
Maybe we have run out of credible celebrities, or they went over their budget. This is the same channel that axed its production of A Place to Call Home 2 years ago. Not happy.

Edited by MargiABC - 25 Oct 2016 at 04:16
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 05:17
Bruno's stint as guest judge has finished. The banter between the judges just wasn't the same on Sunday without him. Todd McKenny and Helen Ritchie have been judges since the show began many years ago and judged the celebrities Kym Johnson partnered in the first few series of the show.
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 23:33
I am enjoying your version Margi. I love Matthew Mitcham and Masha Belash. They have great chemistry. I loved Emma and Aric's Salsa. All of Matt and Masha's and Loved Ash and Jarryd's Argentine Tango.

I love your Judging panel and Bruno and Kym were fantastic together
thengp12 reality show continues
🎭💃
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 21:40
yep i used to make cards years ago, when i lived in Canada, don't have the time (maybe inclination i think, left all my heat guns etc... in canada)now, but a friend i know makes them.
I'm sure there'll be plenty in the shops tho, it's knowing where to find them!!
yep pretty sure Noah wasn't pregnant!!!, LOL

*have just found a wedding card on moonpig.com (i can customise, with the male names, just have to check on the spellings)

Edited by deborah31 - 04 Aug 2015 at 21:57
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 05:10
I meant pregnant and with a prosthetic leg as a first. I know there had been other celebrity contestants who have had challenges which they have overcome for the show franchise. We had a blind contestant a few years back. Kym Johnson is a judge again this year.

Same sex marriage is not legal in Australia yet. A lot of debate in parliament. Our PM is against it. Couples have to travel to NZ as the closest country to marry. You should try making your own card. You can buy the blank card and decorative bits from craft shops to go on it. My sister is into card making and has made some really great cards for any occasion.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 17:04
Didn't the US version have someone with 2 prosthetics?? (Amy Purdey,-just looked her up) a female celeb if i remember correctly?? They also had the transgender pair too (Cher's son Chas) didn't they.
Who'll have the first 'same sex' couple i wonder tho??
They also have someone with a prosthetic arm AND a leg- male celeb (Noah Galloway- must be a war veteran i reckon)

Incidently (not DWTS relevant) a friend of mine (i've known him about 6 months) told me he was getting married next month, he has always been talking about his partner, let slip about a month ago, re his partner' male' !- I wasn't sure if he was gay, having no gaydar, so now am on a mission for a 'groom and groom ' card, not found any yet! maybe have to go online. No doubt will soon be in abundance in the shops!

here's a vid from the final of DWTS with the Noah from May 2015 (don't know if you had them on here?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiahEgzo8Ik

Edited by deborah31 - 03 Aug 2015 at 17:29
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2015 at 05:31
The current season started last Sunday. I think we have a first for DWTS. One of the contestants is a Paralympian with a prosthetic leg to her mid thigh. She has had a special prosthetic leg made for dancing, functional, but not as aesthetically appealing as the one Heather Mills had. You might think that Heather Mills had done this all before, but when she met her professional dance partner for the first time in the introductory package she announced she had another surprise for him. She is pregnant. Her baby bump isn't showing yet, but I suppose it means the choreography will have to be more thought out for any lifts.
 Post Reply Post Reply