I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eurovision 2015
    Posted: 23 May 2015 at 09:37
At last Aussies can vote. My niece has gotten up with the birds to watch the live streaming and she is going to vote. She has a community radio program on Saturday evenings In Canberra. She was on between 5 and 6 pm this evening and of course, all her song choices were past and present Eurovision songs, signing off her program with ABBA's "Waterloo".
Australia's entrant Guy Sebastian is in the final.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 11:26
Australia came in 5th. Pretty good for a one off entry.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 21:25
didn't see it, used to watch it before it was political voting etc.. with the eastern block etc.. UK's was terrible saw it on a tv show here, nobody voted for it, think BBC chose it!!!! don't know of anyone who watches it here anymore
my daughter said the graphics were good on Sweden's?? (the winner i think)

Edited by deborah31 - 25 May 2015 at 21:27
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 17:56
My sister and nephew (7) watch it. They love it.

Yes. Sweden won Deb. Oz did very well Margi
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 21:57
oh no i didn't realise Il volo were singing for Italy, i loved this trio for years!!
Didn't recognise the young chubby one, where did he go???
how they've grown up!!

i love their version of o sole mio (when they were younger)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw3c5d3aBSE&index=2&list=PLihrY6JHL-7TkzLwoXCmbgWfLifWEYnig

this was their Euro song- just seen it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TOMqZV2jA8
don['t like the english version.

just listening to the Russian one (2nd i believe)
not keen on sweden's myself prefer Italy's and Russia's
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 22:01
and on American Idol about 4 years ago
Il Volo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbZvz0pXV48
love Italians btw!!!
my daughter's first boyfriend at age 5 was Italian!! they used to hold hands all thru reception class, he's now in Perth , Australia, we went to see him about 5 years ago, they emigrated from Europe. They still keep in touch via facebook!
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 17:37
Have to admit I watched it all! Sweden's backing track made up of pencil drawings was very clever. Supposed to portray bullying and getting thro it according to singer when he was interviewed on This Mornng.

I voted for Italy - absolutely brilliant. Better than Russian entry IMO. They weren't expected to get that far up in the votes.

Liked Australia's entry. Good singer. Good song.

What can I say about the UK's entry? Prob best to say nothing!!!

In bed with sciatica so off to take more painkillers. Only things getting me thro day until appt with physio coms along. Long waiting list so may have to go private. Just looking at my overdraft facility!

Bye all. XXX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 03:50
My niece got her phone bill on Friday. I don't think she realised voting in Eurovision on her mobile phone was going to cost $35.00 above her monthly limit!

She did enjoy the opportunity to vote, so that experience will probably outweigh the cost.

Edited by MargiABC - 31 May 2015 at 03:51
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2015 at 04:04
I loved the show, the Aussie song was fab. I have to say I adored the Swedish entry, but really liked all of the top 5.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2015 at 12:24
there must be a cheaper way of calling europe??
i use a very cheap method for dialing overseas from the UK

http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/intcallchecker/

there must be something from Aus?? this way i can call my friend in holland for an hour for about 60p! or call Can or Aus for same price.
when i lived in Brunei my sister, and freind would call me back using this method from UK.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2015 at 14:16
She voted in the semi finals as well as the finals - she wasn't going to miss any of it.. It aired live from 5am Sydney time on SBS. She set herself up in the TV room in her residential college with snacks and tea and was the only one in the room for the semis, but she had a few others join her for the finals. It's always more expensive to ring a competition voting line on a mobile than on a land line phone.
 Post Reply Post Reply