I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thunderbirds are.....?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thunderbirds are.....?
    Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 21:41
Hi All.

Did anyone watch the new Thunderbirds series starter tonight? Been so looking forward to it as original came out right in middle of my childhood years.

Can't say it lived up to all the hype, not for me, anyway. Should have kept original soundtrack. Where's Jeff T. No father figure in it. New sons all seem much of a muchness where origs were all individual looking (even tho they were puppets!). Seemed very fast. Thunderbird 6 was, if I remember rightly, a Sopwith Camel. If you're going to keep some of the orig ideas at least keep them kosher. We seemed to have a Stealth bomber style of plane in this one.

I'll stop now, take a Valium and play a video of some of the old episodes before I go to sleep. We may even put an audio book of
Thunderbirds on.

I was so looking forward to them maybe doing Captain Scarlett and Stingray later on. Hope they don't. They'll kill them.

Oh yes, and the next episode is next Saturday at 8 a.m.! Well I know who'll not be watching that one at that time - us two and a percentage of the kids in this country. Should've left it at 5 p.m. Good slot for family viewing and nothing much else on at that time!
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 02:37
They have advertised it here. I don't know if I missed the first episode or not. I went on line to check out some info on it. I'll have to reserve judgement when I actually see an episode.
I was an original Thunderbirds fan too. I knew a lot of trivia for it too and even have a Thinderbirds Island somewhere in storage now. I didn't like the live action movie that was made. It didn't live up to my expectations. Twenty odd years ago, I wished the Baldwin brothers would star in a live action version of it. I think there are 5 Baldwin brothers who are all actors. Too late now - they are a little too old now for that.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 11:39
I looked up the TV guide and it's going to air in Australia from Sunday 12th April .
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 21:07
I'll say nothing Margi,but let you judge for yourself!

Loved the original series. As a child I fell for Scott! No hope! I won a barrel of beer at a pub quiz by being the member on our team who answered all 5 Thunderbird questions correctly. Not sure whether to be proud or ashamed! Didn't even drink beer. Wine and liqueur woman myself.

Baldwins would've been a great choice. All looking sim, but different at the same time.

60% liked it here allegedly and 40% didn't according to papers. AOL had a poll. 7% loved it. 22% didn't.The other 71% didn't watch it!!!

Let us know what you think. XXX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 03:18
I fell for Scott too and I had a crush on Sean Connery in the Bond movies he was in. It all made sense when I found out a few years later that Scott's facial features were based on Sean Connery circa 1960s.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 09:17
I saw the program last night. I was a little disappointed with some of the characters and have a change some of their names. Brains has had a makeover - he doesn't look anything like the original. He is not nerdy or shy and nothing like Anthony Perkins in appearance. He actually looks suave and sophisticated. I noticed there was no Jeff Tracy as well, but they referred to an accident he had had. Maybe that will be a plot feature in the future.
What I did like was the way they kept the marionette features such as the way the mouth moved when they spoke and the large eyes and the shape of the hands the characters had. I also liked the action scenes when different Thunderbird rescue craft were used against the backdrops so they looked like the small models used in the original. I also liked a closeup scene where they used a real hand to manipulate an object rather than an animated hand, just like they did in the original series.
 Post Reply Post Reply